What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker killed my love of college athletics

Any pretense of a competitive level playing field has gone out the window.
We now know how G5 programs feel.
The P5 has broken into 2 conferences plus Clemson, and then the rest. However, OU, Texas, USC, Stanford and probably a couple others can hang financially.
When players start to get paid, this becomes worse than what George Steinbrenner did to baseball.

When a top player chooses Nebraska over Colorado because they can offer more money, I will officially be done.
Actually, I think I already am done. I paid for my season tickets last week. Good timing Mel! **** you

In my 20’s and 30’s I was rabid. I was emotional watching football. Lose and I’d be all pissed. A loss would haunt me. A win would put me on cloud nine for a week. In my 60’s I just don’t get all that emotional anymore unless, maybe, we are playing a team I absolutely hate. As you age, at least for me, you just don’t get as emotional about sports. But I still enjoy it and my heart pumps during a close game.

I’m pretty disheartened over the way college sports has evolved though. For sure.

It was a total dick move. The guy is simply a piece of **** liar. Dress him in whatever colors you like, he's still a piece of ****. Anyway, **** M****et, it would be silly for that inconsequential ****bag to "kill" anyone's' love for anything. **** that guy. Seriously.

Agreed..its becoming ridiculous. The money is insane. 5-6 teams dominate. Need a coaches salary cap in college football.
Name one other profession where there is a salary cap in terms of your own individual amount of income? The market sets the cap, that's how it should be. They can do things like non-competes if you leave early in a contract but they can't cap the amount of money these guys will make. That's just not capitalistic.

I hate that CU is getting screwed by this but by trying to control the salaries of guys that choose to do this profession is not the way to do it.

Didn’t see sbd post he’s on ignore but I think some kind of salary cap plus lifetime health care for athletes is a good idea

Back