What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

I, I got a new life, you would hardly recognize me, I'm so glad
How can a person like me care for you?
I, why do I bother, when you're not the one for me?
Oo-hoo-hoo-oo-oo
Is enough enough?

Last I’ll say about our former HC because I’m over him. For everyone hoping for “karma” to get even and for NCAA sanctions to destroy his new school and for his abject failure, etc, etc, etc, you are wasting your time and energy. He will, most likely, be very successful.

So forget about OFHC and look ahead. He left us better off than we were. RG knows what he’s doing and, believe it or not, the CU job has a great deal of appeal. Very soon a new era will begin.

This was last post in this thread.
Dude, everyone knows you're not over it yet.

Dude, everyone knows you're not over it yet.
I am as far as obsessing about what happened. Sure I’m pissed. But I’m way more focused on who we are going to hire. If we hire the right guy, I’ll 100% be over it. If we hire some dud like McElwain, I may very well revert! I’m putting a lot of faith in RG!

Unless Chev gets the HC job, I don't see many current assistants coaching in Boulder next fall.
You wonder though that if Chev would have gotten the job quicker that he would have paid Kap to stay and even given him the OC job and maybe Kap would have called plays?

You wonder though that if Chev would have gotten the job quicker that he would have paid Kap to stay and even given him the OC job and maybe Kap would have called plays?

I see that as suboptimal. There are many permutations of HC/OC I'd rather see.

I am in Jamaica and talked with an MSU alum at the bar. He was skeptical of the hire but said if nothing else Mel drove up the assistant coaches salaries for future coaches. Doesn’t sound like he felt Mel was a long term option.

Said I was done posting here but was funny. At least to me. I was watching one of those GEICO Pinocchio commercials, the one where he’d gotten a blind date by sending a head shot of a model. As he lies, his nose gets longer and longer. She walks out and as he turns to watch her leave his long nose knocks dishes off a waitresses tray. There is a guy in a booth who turns his head at the commotion. I’ll leave this here:
3F3B9237-E6C9-4624-8070-4DE440FD5269.jpeg
D16531EE-C063-4022-AB3F-5746DBC652C7.jpeg

Said I was done posting here but was funny. At least to me. I was watching one of those GEICO Pinocchio commercials, the one where he’d gotten a blind date by sending a head shot of a model. As he lies, his nose gets longer and longer. She walks out and as he turns to watch her leave his long nose knocks dishes off a waitresses tray. There is a guy in a booth who turns his head at the commotion. I’ll leave this here:
View attachment 34064
View attachment 34065
DOPPLEGANGER

View attachment 34064
View attachment 34065
Looks like Melvin and OJ had a baby

Great SI article on Captain Transfer Portal - aka Melvin "Integrity- We are Family" Tucker -- https://www.si.com/college/2020/02/16/mel-tucker-colorado-michigan-state-football

He will forever be known as the Bernie Madoff of college football....I get doubling one's salary with one stroke of the pen....but he sold Buff players and recruits a bill of goods. Hopefully UM, tOSU, Wisco and Penn State bury his ass for the next 5 years

MelvinFeatured2.jpg

The happiest person at Tucker/MSU press conference was Tucker’s wife.
The fact of the matter is Mel can flat out recruit and showed himself as a great builder of culture. I believe he would do this different if he could redo.
I would brace yourself for the high probability that he’s very successful.
Isn’t that why we are so freakin pissed off? We saw CU being relevant nationally. Look who we recruited. Drew Pearson grandson, Jerry Rice’s kid. Among others.

Candidly his biggest Mistake is that he underestimated his own potential. His upside at CU both from a legacy and a financial standpoint over the long run is higher in Boulder

I wany Rick a George to keep go all in on national prominence. Whatever that looks like

Candidly his biggest Mistake is that he underestimated his own potential. His upside at CU both from a legacy and a financial standpoint over the long run is higher in Boulder

I have to agree that MT is bad at probabilities and long-term thinking. The likelihood that he will be successful at MSU is much lower than it is at CU. Not only does he have to compete with OSU, Michigan, and Penn State in his division, but he has also destroyed his credibility with recruits. At CU, he could have built a reputation as a standup guy, and even if he left after a couple of years for a job at Wisconsin (his alma mater), or for a better SEC coaching job, his reputation would still be intact.

Instead, he blew all of that up after his first year as a head coach. He gets a lucrative short-term payout, but he goes to only a slightly better program that is under a heavy cloud of scandal and corruption. Things may work out for him, but the odds aren't that good. He either underestimated his own potential, or he doesn't have much confidence in himself and feels that the MSU payday was the best he will ever get.

Back