What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

“Committed” to the rebuild. “I’ll be here for you.” etc.

If you want the specifics of how he lied to recruits just listen to McChesney’s podcast. He was in the room with MT and recruits as MT lied. MT lied to everyone. McChesney also addresses the money issue.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mcchesney-unchained/id1436255059?i=1000465406971
I listened to that much earlier today, and it was entertaining as a CU fan. I like Matt, and have personally known him for a long time, but his opinion on this sways me 0% as it relates to this topic. He is PISSED because he loves these kids, and because he feels tricked by MT. Just like I was tricked.

Every coach says "I'm committed to you", "I'll be there for you" in some form or fashion. And every coach believes they will be, until they aren't, because they leave for greener pastures, or get fired (circumstances that they couldn't anticipate). What hurt about this is the immediacy by which MT left CU. Regarding the recruits, I don't see this particular "lie" as being much different than if he were to leave in 2 years, or 3 years, or 4 years. In all of those instances, there is still a good chunk of the roster that would have just came in and the coach is leaving. Coaches leave all the time, and every time the players are pissed.

damnit LARRY

source.gif
Dying

I listened to that much earlier today, and it was entertaining as a CU fan. I like Matt, and have personally known him for a long time, but his opinion on this sways me 0% as it relates to this topic. He is PISSED because he loves these kids, and because he feels tricked by MT. Just like I was tricked.

Every coach says "I'm committed to you", "I'll be there for you" in some form or fashion. And every coach believes they will be, until they aren't, because they leave for greener pastures, or get fired (circumstances that they couldn't anticipate). What hurt about this is the immediacy by which MT left CU. Regarding the recruits, I don't see this particular "lie" as being much different than if he were to leave in 2 years, or 3 years, or 4 years. In all of those instances, there is still a good chunk of the roster that would have just came in and the coach is leaving. Coaches leave all the time, and every time the players are pissed.

MEL TUCKER IS A CON MAN!” Pearson tweeted. “He recruited my grandson to go to CU said he wasn’t going anywhere then ups and leaves. Sat there and lied to my face he wasn’t going anywhere! So I want to beat him up today on social media. What else can I do?”

I have spent more time on Twitter in the last few days than I ever have. Gotta say, Buff fans are very impressive on how they are attacking coach ****er in the comments of every tweet from him and other MSU twats. #relentless.

Good to know.

Many on here say what ****er did is all just the cost of doing business in the big, bad world. Well, there’s another cost of doing “business” like this: the longevity of Twitter memory about this sort of deplorable conduct.

I’ve never had a Twitter account, but I am thinking about creating my own version of Devin Nunes’Cow about this: An outlet for my festering anger to express itself more satirically — with taste and tact, of course.

#Tucker’sConscience or
#5million$man or
#BiteThisBuff or
#Hey-Iloveyouman or
#Have$5mil-willscrewoverfreinds or
#BoulderBouncer

I’ll definitely need to let this idea germinate for a while.

Good to know.

Many on here say what ****er did is all just the cost of doing business in the big, bad world. Well, there’s another cost of doing “business” like this: the longevity of Twitter memory about this sort of deplorable conduct.

I’ve never had a Twitter account, but I am thinking about creating my own version of Devin Nunes’Cow about this: An outlet for my festering anger to express itself more satirically — with taste and tact, of course.

#Tucker’sConscience or
#5million$man or
#BiteThisBuff or
#Hey-Iloveyouman or
#Have$5mil-willscrewoverfreinds or
#BoulderBouncer

I’ll definitely need to let this idea germinate for a while.

#TuckAndRun
#MeFirstMel
#PantsOnFire
#AdiosMelverTucker
#$ociopath
#One&Done
#CantTru$taword

It’s exceedingly disturbing that MT exited CU after only one year, with a promising recruiting class and an approach that looked effective. It’s extremely frustrating that MSU can offer $double$ what CU can, or will. But most bothersome are the false statements MT made, throughout his time at CU but also after it became known that MSU was considering him, to the effect that he was committed to the Buffs and wouldn’t seriously consider an alternative. This is all well documented in this thread.

No excuses - agree with Matt McChesney that he had financial security with either $2.7 or $5.4M - (although if Bernie Sanders becomes president neither might represent security - JUST A JOKE, DON’T JUMP ON ME!!) - but that’s sort of speculation. It’s easy for us who make $80k to think that, but lifestyles and expectations shift when more $$ start coming in. And the whole family may be part of that shift. It’s easy to find a $5-10M mansion as residence - and then think of the antique furniture and artwork you’ll need to fill the 20 rooms with. Not to mention groundskeepers, maids etc. I’m not totally being facetious - I have a couple of relatives that have become wealthy and I can no longer relate to some of their perspectives. Someone wrote long ago, “Whoever loves money will never have enough...” It clearly shows a character flaw but just saying, it’s not completely baffling.

Regarding MT’s duplicity during the final week - it’s easy to break down. He had initial interest, knowing the job would come with a good salary. He was silent initially, and we were curious why. Once he understood that Fickell was being offered the job, he pronounced firmly that he had not been at all interested in leaving Colorado, just wanted to check it out. When Fickell declined - no doubt to MT’s great surprise, who would turn down that type of money? - he was ready and willing to make the switch. Better if MT would have been silent the entire time, which would have made everyone nervous, but would have been more honest.

MT has a major character flaw - hope he works it out. The other half of that old saying is “... How meaningless to think that wealth brings true happiness.” I don’t wish bad things on MT at MSU - at least I’m trying not to - but his integrity and priorities are not in good shape, and given this revealing situation I’ll agree with Matt M that we really didn’t need/want him at CU.

MSU fans are very upset!!
Yeah. They're going after me on twitter to say that somehow that meant that I think rape is funny and they are the white knights.

I've tried to explain that it was not a joke. I was dead serious. They had systemic enabling and coverup of rape against women and girls. This is the reason they had such slight interest in the job despite offering top 15 compensation. And they ended up hiring someone with no integrity. They are not owning it.

I think what happened is that someone plagiarized me and tweeted that at someone in Tucker's family, which was not a cool thing to do if that's what happened.

Yeah. They're going after me on twitter to say that somehow that meant that I think rape is funny and they are the white knights.

I've tried to explain that it was not a joke. I was dead serious. They had systemic enabling and coverup of rape against women and girls. This is the reason they had such slight interest in the job despite offering top 15 compensation. And they ended up hiring someone with no integrity. They are not owning it.

I think what happened is that someone plagiarized me and tweeted that at someone in Tucker's family, which was not a cool thing to do if that's what happened.
They are weird about it. I had a guy tell me Nassar wasn't a big deal because he did it all over america. Wtf?

They are weird about it. I had a guy tell me Nassar wasn't a big deal because he did it all over america. Wtf?
And I get it. Hell, fans are fans. Plus, I'm sure just like happened during the CU scandal there is information they have heard that those of us on the outside have not. There's probably some stuff out in the national stories & perceptions that is unfair. And they're probably sick and tired of hearing about it since so much of it has been addressed, people have been fired or prosecuted, etc. I'd also assume that they've been dealing with a ton of smack talk.

That said, I wasn't running normal smack talk.

MSU had long-term enabling and coverup. They thought that pressuring otherwise good people and throwing money at it would make their problems go away. Hiring a man who revealed questionable character and has made it clear that he'll do whatever for money is a clear indication that the underlying attitude that allowed the situation at MSU has not changed. MSU and Tucker deserve each other.

Obviously Nassar is a sensitive topic. Hiring MT and the way it happened should also be a sensitive topic, but MSU fans are treating it like a competitive victory. I saw a different reaction from Penn State fans after the criminal fiasco there - they were embarrassed and ashamed rather than defensive. At least the ones I encountered.

Obviously Nassar is a sensitive topic. Hiring MT and the way it happened should also be a sensitive topic, but MSU fans are treating it like a competitive victory. I saw a different reaction from Penn State fans after the criminal fiasco there - they were embarrassed and ashamed rather than defensive. At least the ones I encountered.
I've been ignoring the responses celebrating the "we're rich" stuff. That's just smack talk from dumbasses who can't see past the smack talk stuff to deal with the real issues. They're not worth our time and don't deserve our attention. I'm going with the assumption (rightly or wrongly) that this is a vocal minority of their fans who are active on social media and embarrass most of their fan base. That is usually the case, anyway.

Back