What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Men's basketball general off-seasons news thread

clutch299

I don't think it can be overstated how bad this Grecia team is. I honestly think we could pull together a team of Allbuffs posters and beat them by double digits. 39-4 at the end of the 1st quarter

clutch299

I'm starting to feel bad watching this massacre. Grecia just airballed a second free throw. Da Silva just threw down back to back dunks in transition. 56-4 run to start the game.

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
I don't think it can be overstated how bad this Grecia team is. I honestly think we could pull together a team of Allbuffs posters and beat them by double digits. 39-4 at the end of the 1st quarter
They could probably get better competition from a bunch of guys picked up in the student rec center.

Games like this you want to turn it off and not embarrass the opponent but even turning it off they would keep expanding the lead.

clutch299

Grecia hits a couple shots and actually finished the half on a 10-9 run. Will Loughlin (walk-on) had a dunk.

80-17 at half. Did I say we might win by 80? I was joking at the time and now I think I underestimated it.

clutch299

Buffs up 30-8 after the restart. Total margin is 85 (63 pt lead in the first half, 22 pt lead in the 3rd quarter)

hokiehead

Gobbler on the Mountain!
Club Member
A lot of posters here are more knowledgeable on the topic of sports media than me.

Can someone please confirm that Jon Rothstein has a solid reputation as being credible, honest, insightful and prescient?

Link

like, no way this isn't satire, right?

FM-Buff

Club Member
Club Member
A lot of posters here are more knowledgeable on the topic of sports media than me.

Can someone please confirm that Jon Rothstein has a solid reputation as being credible, honest, insightful and prescient?

Link

He works for CBS sports as a basketball analyst. He’s fine. Not good. Not bad. He really annoys some people but I’m impartial about him.

torerobuff

Dancing is forbidden
Club Member

Link

Rothstein has tried to position himself as the Woj of college basketball. Breaking news, he’s as good as it gets. Analysis, meh.

Robert Sorell

I get the Kin > Remy takes.

I don't understand the Remy = trash takes.

He led the Pac12 in scoring last year and was first team.

If anything, being away from Hurley should make him a better player.

Robert Sorell

He's not trash. He's also not great. Inefficient volume shooter on a high paced team is why he led the conference in scoring.
Sort of agree, the ~50% eFG is very pedestrian, but at volume it's good.

I'm interested to see how he looks at Kansas, maybe a good bump in eFG% with a sizable drop in usage / shot volume, and a few points per game less.

More of my point would be that he takes pre and post season awards, so the "Tex" tweet is a bit off.

Buffsbball

I'm interested to see how he looks at Kansas, maybe a good bump in eFG% with a sizable drop in usage / shot volume, and a few points per game less.

More of my point would be that he takes pre and post season awards, so the "Tex" tweet is a bit off.
Also, Remy's defense is trash. The amount of times Kin posted him up. Ugh gonna miss that.

Da Lama

He's gonna piss off a lot of teammates this year. I can't wait for the implosion...

FM-Buff

Club Member
Club Member
I get the Kin > Remy takes.

I don't understand the Remy = trash takes.

He led the Pac12 in scoring last year and was first team.

If anything, being away from Hurley should make him a better player.
He’s not trash. He’s just consistently over-rated.
His hype doesn’t equal his production.