What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Men's basketball general off-seasons news thread

I don't think it can be overstated how bad this Grecia team is. I honestly think we could pull together a team of Allbuffs posters and beat them by double digits. 39-4 at the end of the 1st quarter

I'm starting to feel bad watching this massacre. Grecia just airballed a second free throw. Da Silva just threw down back to back dunks in transition. 56-4 run to start the game.

I don't think it can be overstated how bad this Grecia team is. I honestly think we could pull together a team of Allbuffs posters and beat them by double digits. 39-4 at the end of the 1st quarter
They could probably get better competition from a bunch of guys picked up in the student rec center.

Games like this you want to turn it off and not embarrass the opponent but even turning it off they would keep expanding the lead.

Grecia hits a couple shots and actually finished the half on a 10-9 run. Will Loughlin (walk-on) had a dunk.

80-17 at half. Did I say we might win by 80? I was joking at the time and now I think I underestimated it.

Buffs up 30-8 after the restart. Total margin is 85 (63 pt lead in the first half, 22 pt lead in the 3rd quarter)

A lot of posters here are more knowledgeable on the topic of sports media than me.

Can someone please confirm that Jon Rothstein has a solid reputation as being credible, honest, insightful and prescient?

Link

like, no way this isn't satire, right?

A lot of posters here are more knowledgeable on the topic of sports media than me.

Can someone please confirm that Jon Rothstein has a solid reputation as being credible, honest, insightful and prescient?

Link

He works for CBS sports as a basketball analyst. He’s fine. Not good. Not bad. He really annoys some people but I’m impartial about him.

Link

Rothstein has tried to position himself as the Woj of college basketball. Breaking news, he’s as good as it gets. Analysis, meh.

I get the Kin > Remy takes.

I don't understand the Remy = trash takes.

He led the Pac12 in scoring last year and was first team.

If anything, being away from Hurley should make him a better player.

He's not trash. He's also not great. Inefficient volume shooter on a high paced team is why he led the conference in scoring.
Sort of agree, the ~50% eFG is very pedestrian, but at volume it's good.

I'm interested to see how he looks at Kansas, maybe a good bump in eFG% with a sizable drop in usage / shot volume, and a few points per game less.

More of my point would be that he takes pre and post season awards, so the "Tex" tweet is a bit off.

I'm interested to see how he looks at Kansas, maybe a good bump in eFG% with a sizable drop in usage / shot volume, and a few points per game less.

More of my point would be that he takes pre and post season awards, so the "Tex" tweet is a bit off.
Also, Remy's defense is trash. The amount of times Kin posted him up. Ugh gonna miss that.

He's gonna piss off a lot of teammates this year. I can't wait for the implosion...

I get the Kin > Remy takes.

I don't understand the Remy = trash takes.

He led the Pac12 in scoring last year and was first team.

If anything, being away from Hurley should make him a better player.
He’s not trash. He’s just consistently over-rated.
His hype doesn’t equal his production.

UCLA just beat out Kentucky for Adem Bona 19th player in the nation according to 247. So their 2022 class has Amari Bailey #3 in the class, Bona, and Dylan Andrews #43. UCLA being good, is good for pac-12. Cronin has them firing on all cylinders.
We also need Arizona to be great.

UCLA-Zona should be a prime time ESPN broadcast that gets hyped as much as any game that's not UNC-Duke.

We also need Arizona to be great.

UCLA-Zona should be a prime time ESPN broadcast that gets hyped as much as any game that's not UNC-Duke.
If UCLA, Zona, and Oregon are Top 20 programs year in and year out. Really, Arizona is the last piece of that puzzle. Colorado's path to an at large big as the 4-6 best pac-12 program get's so much easier. Especially, if we can sneak a home upset or two against those programs in conference play.

If UCLA, Zona, and Oregon are Top 20 programs year in and year out. Really, Arizona is the last piece of that puzzle. Colorado's path to an at large big as the 4-6 best pac-12 program get's so much easier. Especially, if we can sneak a home upset or two against those programs in conference play.
Exactly. Them being consistently elite puts us in position to become like what Maryland or NC State were in the old ACC.

Exactly. Them being consistently elite puts us in position to become like what Maryland or NC State were in the old ACC.
And before people scoff at that! They've got 3 national titles, 5 final 4's, and 12 elite 8's between the 2 of them. Will help us get battle tested and give us higher seeding for the tourney!

Personally, I'd rather Utah join that group. They have a basketball history and being paired on the mountain road swing would be a big advantage if Utah is a perennial contender in the Pac-12. Plus, Utes fans seem to know basketball while Zona fans seem to only know entitlement.

Back