What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Sanford – OC/Interim Head Coach University of Colorado

nice-high-jump.gif

I feel bad for him. He didn't get a fair shake. Under Sanford we beat Cal and were competitive with ASU. Other than that he was given a ****ty team recruited by an uninspiring nobody of a HC and told to play Oregon, USC, Utah, and Washington. Could have been Mike Sanford or Nick Saban: that's a no-win scenario. Would I prefer him over coach prime? Obviously no but if dorrell can get a permanent P5 HC job then Sanford should be able to as well.
Holding my breath for @LesGrossman response to this one.

no skin off my back that you all think he sucks now; maybe you ought to reply to that twitter post and tell him directly.

maybe the truth for Sanford is somewhere between a P5 head coach and a volunteer assistant high school coach.

I'm all about directing that kind of vitriol at karl dorrell who actually got us in that situation. Sanford was the guy to finish out the season so prime can come in and fix things starting this weekend.

I have nothing against Sanford as a person but he was a part of that fiasco that was the most embarrassing moment (or better put time period because it dragged on) in my memory as a Buff fan and I go back a long time.

He and the rest of the staff were paid very well for a job that was very poorly done. Dorrell should have a hard time sleeping at night when he looks at his bank account because he absolutely mailed it in and his staff followed his lead.

Sanford does care about the players but has repeatedly shown that he can't coach at a P5 level.

If he wants to be a head coach he might do well at a D2 of FCS level where millions of dollars aren't on the line and he can do most of his recruiting within a one day drive of the school.

Mike Sanford got paid boat loads of money as an offensive coach by several schools. Every school’s offenses got worse while he was hired. Yet, this guy thinks that our focus should be on this privileged sucko (who’s being paid monster money to sit at home) right before Prime coaches his first Colorado game.

Last edited:
To be clear, I really like Sanford as a person and as a person in a position of leading young people. I have felt, though, that major college football has become such a cutthroat business that his values have made him a fish out of water. He seems like the kind of guy who would be at home in more of a Dan Hawkins situation at a level on that Willamette to UC Davis spectrum where he could make a home, be a pillar of a community, and spend a decade or more running a program in a way that doesn't compromise too much from what he wishes his profession could be.

To be clear, I really like Sanford as a person and as a person in a position of leading young people. I have felt, though, that major college football has become such a cutthroat business that his values have made him a fish out of water. He seems like the kind of guy who would be at home in more of a Dan Hawkins situation at a level on that Willamette to UC Davis spectrum where he could make a home, be a pillar of a community, and spend a decade or more running a program in a way that doesn't compromise too much from what he wishes his profession could be.
That seems like a fair take, and I think I probably agree.

Back