What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming rights for CSU's new stadium - ideas?

"This is a university marked by excellence, forged in a focus of excellence — and that focus cannot have blind spots where we settle for less. That hasn't been our history, it isn't our present, and it should not be our future."--Tony Frank

"This is a university marked by excellence, forged in a focus of excellence — and that focus cannot have blind spots where we settle for less. That hasn't been our history, it isn't our present, and it should not be our future."--Tony Frank

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Politics. I'm a moron for stating facts on whats going on?

You seem mad. Need a tissue?

You are a moron because you are stating selective data from a feasability study and dialogue from CSU administration as factual evidence for a stadium, and claiming it is a done deal, the financing is in place, and it has been approved. Capn Jack has said it is not getting done over his dead body? Last time I checked, the university President is his boss, and the regents are HIS boss. I've never heard of a subordinate telling his boss, and his bosses boss that he is pulling rank on them.

Bookmark the thread and let's talk in 2016 - cause that is about when **** is gonna hit the fan

You are a moron because you are stating selective data from a feasability study and dialogue from CSU administration as factual evidence for a stadium, and claiming it is a done deal, the financing is in place, and it has been approved. Capn Jack has said it is not getting done over his dead body? Last time I checked, the university President is his boss, and the regent's are HIS boss. I've never heard of a subordinate telling his boss, and his bosses boss that he is pulling rank on them.

Tony Frank is for the stadium and that is the reason Graham was hired in the first place.

derp

Tony Frank is for the stadium and that is the reason Graham was hired in the first place.

derp

Tony Frank is probably for the stadium, even if he hasn't approved it yet, most likely he will, now go start collecting those paychecks. Strike while the iron is hot.

Politics. I'm a moron for stating facts on whats going on?

You seem mad. Need a tissue?

Kid, I don't know why you're being so difficult. You come to a Buff site and spout off about the stadium, which as far as I can tell no one here is actually against.

You cite only surveys, feasibility studies, and the word of God himself, Jack Graham and get irritated when people who are more educated and experienced than you ask about the validity of your claims.

The evidence you have provided does in no way prove that the stadium is a certainty. I wish you luck. A campus stadium would be great for you guys and probably provide a boost to your program, but take your smarmy attitude to Ramnation where it will be appreciated. You are a guest here and should behave as such.

Good luck with the stadium plans. I hope you get it built but so far all you have done is recite the party line as Truth and dodge questions about the Truthiness of your facts.

Kid, I don't know why you're being so difficult. You come to a Buff site and spout off about the stadium, which as far as I can tell no one here is actually against.

You cite only surveys, feasibility studies, and the word of God himself, Jack Graham and get irritated when people who are more educated and experienced than you ask about the validity of your claims.

The evidence you have provided does in no way prove that the stadium is a certainty. I wish you luck. A campus stadium would be great for you guys and probably provide a boost to your program, but take your smarmy attitude to Ramnation where it will be appreciated. You are a guest here and should behave as such.

Good luck with the stadium plans. I hope you get it built but so far all you have done is recite the party line as Truth and dodge questions about the Truthiness of your facts.
What other proof could I possibly have? I posted the information we have so far

Because it hasn't been officially announced yet. The concept seems pretty simple.

The silent phase has obviously already begun with the questionnaires. And actually they have already received over a million which was used on ICON and Populous etc

:rofl:

Graham is more lost than I thought.

So then what is he waiting for?

I expect CSU will get the stadium. I also expect that revenue streams presented by ICON will never materialize. Additionally, I predict that the attendance will increase for 2 years, before steadily declining. I also predict that in hindsight the CSU stadium will be viewed as a budgetary mistake.

Gasm, I don't think you fully understand what's happening here. And that's OK. Here's the deal - the vast majority of CU fans really do hope CSU builds their stadium. You may think I'm lying about that, but I'm not. It's the truth - I promise you. But stating that CSU "deserves" it and claiming Graham could pay for the whole thing are, to put it mildly, moronic. It's not based in reality. These kinds of comments are based in some kind of delusional fantasyland of multi-billionaire donors and insane expectations. If this happened anywhere else, say Wyoming for instance, you'd be asking the same questions we are.

Nah, all you guys have is cynisism and a defeatist attitude. Seems like you guys are jealous CSU football is being talked about more than CU football?

Envy. one of the 7 deadly sins

Nah, all you guys have is cynisism and a defeatist attitude. Seems like you guys are jealous CSU football is being talked about more than CU football?

See? This is what I'm talking about. CSU football talked about more than CU football? Where? In the Ft. Collins newspaper? What special kind of crack are you smoking today?

So then what is he waiting for?

I expect CSU will get the stadium. I also expect that revenue streams presented by ICON will never materialize. Additionally, I predict that the attendance will increase for 2 years, before steadily declining. I also predict that in hindsight the CSU stadium will be viewed as a budgetary mistake.

Budgetary mistake? It's going to increase revenue vastly over Hughes and its not even close. Not to mention Hughes is a nightmare for maintenance. Hughes would have to be replaced or vastly renovated within 20 years anyways....It would be a budgetary mistake to NOT build the stadium

Envious of CSU football? Really? You haven't beat us in 2 years, you have no one going to your games, you are never on television, your recruiting classes are still behind ours, even in our worst period in history, Boulder is superior to Fort Collins, we play in one of the best stadiums in CFB, our AD runs in the black, we have conference championships, national championships, and hesiman winners..... I could go on and on.... what are we jealous of?

Gasm, I don't think you fully understand what's happening here. And that's OK. Here's the deal - the vast majority of CU fans really do hope CSU builds their stadium. You may think I'm lying about that, but I'm not. It's the truth - I promise you. But stating that CSU "deserves" it and claiming Graham could pay for the whole thing are, to put it mildly, moronic. It's not based in reality. These kinds of comments are based in some kind of delusional fantasyland of multi-billionaire donors and insane expectations. If this happened anywhere else, say Wyoming for instance, you'd be asking the same questions we are.

he lost me on the whole attendance increase kind of things. He has the damn feasibility report as least he could read the thing and then post how they justify the numbers.

Tony Frank is probably for the stadium, even if he hasn't approved it yet, most likely he will, now go start collecting those paychecks. Strike while the iron is hot.

It's not "probably". He is for the stadium
http://www.denverpost.com/csu/ci_20...nk-will-have-final-say-colorado-state-stadium

"Unfortunately, I will basically own the decision," Frank said in an interview in his office. "I will talk to all my board members, of course, and make sure the board and I are aligned before I make a decision. ... But at the end of the day, the decision is mine about whether I think this is a good thing to do for the university, given the pros and cons and all the issues."

Frank smiled and added, "I've been trying to make that somebody else's decision, but I think it ends up on my desk."
Sounds like a guy who is just super gung ho about a stadium. :rofl:

Budgetary mistake? It's going to increase revenue vastly over Hughes and its not even close. Not to mention Hughes is a nightmare for maintenance. Hughes would have to be replaced or vastly renovated within 20 years anyways....It would be a budgetary mistake to NOT build the stadium

: shrug :

We will see. Again, you place faith in revenue predictions that make no sense

The only thing I am envious about is you posting more on Rams board than you do here. You are absolutely golden kid.

[video=youtube;UnkefjCES-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnkefjCES-4[/video]

: shrug :

We will see. Again, you place faith in revenue predictions that make no sense
Making more money off sponsorships, naming rights, increased attendance, multi-use venue make no sense to you? Those are things that increase revenue that Hughes doesn't have

Back