What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming rights for CSU's new stadium - ideas?

I can't believe CSU has already sunk $1MM into this boondoggle :lol:

Who has paid for that thus far - Graham?

Politics. What do you want him to say? he has to be professional about the debate.

Like I said, he hired Jack Graham with sole reason that we build an on-campus stadium. A move that cost CSU over a million dollars.

so why didn't he hire his as a consultant to build the thing and get an experienced AD in there. In fact what does Graham know about building stadiums or being an AD?

Politics. What do you want him to say? he has to be professional about the debate.

Like I said, he hired Jack Graham with sole reason that we build an on-campus stadium. A move that cost CSU over a million dollars.
A man who says one thing in private to one specific sub-group of constituents and another in public...
Sounds trustworthy to me.

Nah, all you guys have is cynisism and a defeatist attitude. Seems like you guys are jealous CSU football is being talked about more than CU football?

Envy. one of the 7 deadly sins
Just terribly envious.
http://www.collegian.com/2012/06/08/csu-football-players-under-investigation-for-sexual-offense/

Fort Collins Police Services is investigating CSU football player DeAndre “Dre” Elliot and other football players for an alleged sex offense occurring at the Zeta Tau Alpha sorority house in Fort Collins.
The incident allegedly took place on March 31 at 1 a.m., according to the police report. The report states that a ZTA member contacted FCPS on the that night, claiming a male entered her bedroom wanting to have sex with her. Two ZTA members reported two other similar incidents, according to the report.

Outside of Fort Collins (and this hilarious thread) your team is getting far more publicity for this sort of **** than you are for the stadium.

so why didn't he hire his as a consultant to build the thing and get an experienced AD in there. In fact what does Graham know about building stadiums or being an AD?

Because Graham is a successful businessman, has connections, and it seems pretty obvious he knows how to lead.

See record RamClub donations

Making more money off sponsorships, naming rights, increased attendance, multi-use venue make no sense to you? Those are things that increase revenue that Hughes doesn't have

Offset against the cost of building and maintaining a new stadium - and of course offset against paying off the financing. I realize you claim that financing will not be needed, but we just have to wait and see on that as well.

You've already demostrated in this thread that you are just posting numbers. You couldn't explain how there was going to be $10MM in additionall sponsorship revenue, or how much actual revenue the 'premium' seating would generate, or how much attendance would be increased, and whether that increase would be students or other people who actually buy tickets...... you exposed a whole lot of 'I'm not sure' answers when we tried to figure out how ICON came up with their numbers - which are 100% accurate 20% of the time

Because Graham is a successful businessman, has connections, and it seems pretty obvious he knows how to lead.

Can you please give us a link to these record donations? You tell us to "see" them but provide no backup to your claim.

Thanks,

Offset against the cost of building and maintaining a new stadium - and of course offset against paying off the financing. I realize you claim that financing will not be needed, but we just have to wait and see on that as well.

You've already demostrated in this thread that you are just posting numbers. You couldn't explain how there was going to be $10MM in additionall sponsorship revenue, or how much actual revenue the 'premium' seating would generate, or how much attendance would be increased, and whether that increase would be students or other people who actually buy tickets...... you exposed a whole lot of 'I'm not sure' answers when we tried to figure out how ICON came up with their numbers - which are 100% accurate 20% of the time

And like I said, Hughes is a nightmare for maintenance. Maintaining a brand new stadium will cost significantly less than Hughes. Especially since it will be the highest rated LEED certified stadium in the world

and that has what to do with being an AD? Why didn't you guys go for Bill Gates or that nerdy facebook kid to be the AD?

CSU may be better than any of the 3 you mentioned, but they have a case and certainly aren't universities that CSU should look down its noses upon.

Fresno State:
National rankings

• Forbes Magazine ranked Fresno State as one of "America's Best Public Colleges in the U.S." in 2009

• Washington Monthly magazine ranked Fresno State as one of "America's Top 50 Master's Universities" (22nd out of 50) in 2010

• Placed at Tier 1, ranked 37th among the best Master's Universities in the West, according to the 2011 edition of “America’s Best Colleges” from U.S. News & World Report.

• Fresno State was named one of the Top 100 Entrepreneurial Colleges and Universities in the nation, in the May 2004 issue of Entrepreneur magazine. It is placed in the first tier of the list of the top 50 regionally recognized academic programs in the country.

• Washington Monthly magazine ranked Fresno State as one of "America's Top 50 Master's Universities" (15 out of 50) in 2011

• Listed in The Princeton Review 2009 for "Best 282 Business Schools".

• 14th in the US News Ranking of Rehabilitation Counseling Programs (2011).

• Craig School's MBA program is a top-45 business school in the nation (The Princeton Review).

• Kremen School's Rehabilitation Counseling Program was placed among the top 20 in the country (U.S. News & World Report’s 2004 rankings on “America’s Best Graduate Schools”).

• Ranked 24th in the Best Business Schools Rankings - Finance (Princeton Review 2008).

San Jose State:
Rankings

• According to U.S. News and World Report's college rankings (2012), San Jose State ranks 39th among regional universities in the western United States[SUP][37][/SUP] and 10th among western regional public institutions.[SUP][38][/SUP] The 2012 rankings represent a slight improvement since 2011, in which SJSU ranked 44th overall and 14th among western regional public institutions.[SUP][39][/SUP] U.S. News and World Report consistently ranks SJSU among the top 20 public regional universities in the west, with SJSU achieving its highest overall ranking to date in 2008, when the university placed 8th among western regional public schools.[SUP][40][/SUP][SUP][41][/SUP]

• SJSU’s Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering ranks 7th in the nation among public engineering programs offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees (excluding service academies), and 27th overall among all 193 engineering schools on the list, according to U.S. News and World Report (2012).[SUP][42][/SUP][SUP][43][/SUP]

• SJSU's graduate school of Library and Information Science ranks 22nd in the nation, and its School Library Media specialty ranks 4th nationally, according to U.S. News and World Report (Best Graduate Schools 2012).[SUP][44][/SUP]

• SJSU's graduate program in occupational therapy ranks 31st in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report (Best Graduate Schools 2012).[SUP][45][/SUP]

• SJSU's graduate program in social work ranks 71st in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report (Best Graduate Schools 2012).[SUP][46][/SUP]

• SJSU's graduate program in fine arts ranks 81st in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report (Best Graduate Schools 2012).[SUP][47][/SUP]

• SJSU's graduate program in speech language pathology ranks 87th in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report (Best Graduate Schools 2012).[SUP][48][/SUP]

• SJSU's graduate program in public affairs ranks 100th in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report (Best Graduate Schools 2012).[SUP][49][/SUP]

• SJSU's graduate program in nursing ranks 193rd, in the nation according to U.S. News and World Report (Best Graduate Schools 2012).[SUP][50][/SUP]

• SJSU ranks 3rd among regional universities in the West for least amount of student debt at graduation, according to U.S. News and World Report (2012).[SUP][42][/SUP]

• The Princeton Review lists San Jose State's Lucas Graduate School of Business among the best 300 business programs in the nation (2011).[SUP][51][/SUP]

• SJSU made the Forbes list of "America's Best Colleges" in 2008,[SUP][52][/SUP] 2009,[SUP][53][/SUP] 2010[SUP][54][/SUP] and 2011.[SUP][55][/SUP]

• SJSU ranks 15th nationally by salary potential among all state schools in the nation, according to the PayScale, Inc. annual salary survey (2010–2011). According to the survey, the median annual starting salary for SJSU alumni is $51,700. The median annual mid-career salary for SJSU alumni is $92,900.[SUP][57][/SUP]

• In 2009, the city of San Jose was named the nation's top mid-size metro college destination, according to the American Institute for Economic Research College Destinations Index for 2009-2010.[SUP][58][/SUP] The index analyzes the academic environment, quality of life, and professional opportunity in more than 360 cities across the U.S.

• Computerworld magazine named SJSU's computer engineering program an "IT School to Watch" in 2008.[SUP][59][/SUP]

• As of 2007, SJSU's School of Art and Design appears on BusinessWeek's list of the "60 Best Design Schools in the World."[SUP][60[/SUP]
UNLV:

The university has been deemed a "research-intensive university" by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
New initiatives

In 2005, the university received over $95 million in extramural research funding, about a 30 percent increase over the previous year. Its fund raising campaign, "Invent the Future", reached its $500 million goal in 2009.[SUP][9][/SUP]
In 2009, a $59.7 million Advanced Clinical and Research Training Center was constructed under architect Carpenter Sellers. This LEED equivalent building is expected to be completed by summer 2010. It will serve to consolidate the University of Nevada Health Sciences System programs through the shared use of classrooms, teaching labs, and simulated patient lab space.[SUP][10]

[/SUP]
The Atlantic recognized UNLV's English Department as having one of the nation's most innovative Master of Fine Arts programs and one of the top five doctoral programs in creative writing.[SUP][19][/SUP]

Down Beat Magazine, the internationally recognized industry standard trade publication for jazz music, recognized the work of the 2010 UNLV Jazz Ensemble as "Outstanding Large Jazz Ensemble Performance" among graduate college-level jazz bands in their annual Student Music Award issue of that year.[SUP][20][/SUP]

In 2006, UNLV opened its first international campus in Singapore. The UNLV Singapore campus is housed on the 10th and 11th floors of the National Library of Singapore, a prestigious building comparable to the United States Library of Congress. The campus offers bachelor’s degree programs in Hotel Administration and Hospitality Management. UNLV Singapore is offering the college's upper division courses, which include Hotel Administration, Hospitality Marketing, Food & Beverage Management and Hotel Law. Students may also earn an executive master's degree in hospitality.[SUP][21][/SUP]

But do they have new shrubs and pavement at their football stadium, that is what truly defines a great school.

And like I said, Hughes is a nightmare for maintenance. Maintaining a brand new stadium will cost significantly less than Hughes. Especially since it will be the highest rated LEED certified stadium in the world

That is really cool! Can you provide a link about the LEED cert? That would be one hell of an accomplishment.

and that has what to do with being an AD? Why didn't you guys go for Bill Gates or that nerdy facebook kid to be the AD?

Because Jack Graham was the one who pitched the idea of an on-campus stadium to Tony Frank in the first place?

What kind of numbers are you talking about? My neighbors kid just set a new record for shooting free throws. He's 7, before yesterday the most he had ever made in a row was 2, now he hit 3.

You keep talking like you have something really special going on but all we want is to see some actual dollars. The trouble is you have great ideas but no substance. Money talks, B.S. walks. You've been doing a lot of walking here.

Tony Frank is for the stadium and that is the reason Graham was hired in the first place.

derp

Because Jack Graham was the one who pitched the idea of an on-campus stadium to Tony Frank in the first place?

so lets get this straight. Tony Frank is looking for a new AD and this guy comes in and says "Look I have no experience in being an AD, but I'm rich and want to build a stadium" Tony Frank looks at him and thinks this guy is ****ing nuts, I love it. "That seems like a great idea, what experience do you have at building stadiums" and then Jack says "Look dude, I don't know where you get your info but I'm a successful businessman, I have connections, and it seems pretty obvious I know how to lead".

Then Tony Frank says "holy **** this makes too much sense, your hired, let's make out I want to OMFGasm all over you"

What else would I have? They don't hand out the certification without the building finished

Oh, ok. I was just confused.

So you know it will have the highest LEED cert of any stadium in the world before it has received the certification and before plans have even been drawn up?

That sounds feasibly awesome!

Oh. So this is just another promise/statement that is being assumed to be the absolute truth?
Hey look, another cynic and conspiracy theorist.

You guys are 100% right. We will not increase attendance at all, $, donations, improve the team, get LEED certification, build the stadium, get any donations.

CYNICS

You guys are 100% right. We will not increase attendance at all, $, donations, improve the team, get LEED certification, build the stadium, get any donations.

CYNICS

Actually negativity is proven to be the most accurate thought. Hmmm

guys I am going to get fired. I am laughing my ass off here at work and people are starting to ask me what is going on. I might apply to be AD of CSU after Jack leaves. I'm good enough. I'm start enough and doggone it, People like me.

CYNICS
See, now you are just being negative. I'm sure SOME of those things will happen. For instance, can your attendance really get any lower? You gotta be close to losing Div1 status :rofl:

guys I am going to get fired. I am laughing my ass off here at work and people are starting to ask me what is going on. I might apply to be AD of CSU after Jack leaves. I'm good enough. I'm start enough and doggone it, People like me.
Say what you want but Graham is obviously doing a good job

I'm tapping out guys, I can't take any more. His naivete was funny at first, but it's has morphed into obstinant stupidity. I can feel myself getting dumber reading his posts.

Say what you want but Graham is obviously doing a good job

It isn't obvious. I get you're excited, and you should be. But so far all he has done is pissed money down the drain with nothing to show for it. No wins in MBB or FB, and a potential stadium with plenty of question marks (whether you want to acknowledge it). He has also gone about this entire process ass-backwards. Ask Sackman - you secure 90% of your funding, then you go public. You don't secure 0% of your funding, then go public - when you do it that way you end up with the cluster that we're seeing now

Back