What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nate Landman appreciation thread

I may be the only Allbuffer to have experienced this injury? I tore mine at the ripe old age of 35.

Regardless, my recovery was about 10 months, but with the access to the Champions Center and age, I imagine Nate will recover quicker.

Three years on, I feel 100%, less the calf muscle atrophy. That is my only lingering issue. Nate will be fine and hopefully get the payday he deserves.

Back to the topic at hand.

I wasn’t around for Matt Russell or some others, but in my time, all other LBs will be judged by the Landman standard.

Thank you, Nate!

I may be the only Allbuffer to have experienced this injury? I tore mine at the ripe old age of 35.

Regardless, my recovery was about 10 months, but with the access to the Champions Center and age, I imagine Nate will recover quicker.

Three years on, I feel 100%, less the calf muscle atrophy. That is my only lingering issue. Nate will be fine and hopefully get the payday he deserves.
So you tore it today? I’m confused

But will be be healthy come September? I thought the recovery time was significant for surgery on an Achilles' tendon.

A young, motivated, athlete with the resources he’ll have available could return to light work in 7 months and theoretically return to action in 9. I could see him playing the last 4 or 5 games. Anything more than that would be gravy.

Definitely not unhappy about this, but curious as to why he is coming back to potentially play 4-5 games vs landing on an NFL roster?

I’m sure he weighed his options carefully and determined that returning to CU was the best move for him. It’s really hard to get drafted as a linebacker with a current Achilles tear. Let’s hope he makes a full recovery and returns for a great final season. It goes without saying that Nate has the full support of Buff Nation behind him.

Last edited:
Definitely not unhappy about this, but curious as to why he is coming back to potentially play 4-5 games vs landing on an NFL roster?
He probably sounded out the NFL scouts. Was a mid round draft pick before he got hurt. Would have gone undrafted. Might as well come back, get healthy and go through the draft process next year.

He's very tough person and hopefully will be fine in the end. Wishing him the besr.

Back