What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA & NIT Auto-Bids - Bubble Buster Thread

Not sure where to post this, but the NIT will be worth checking in on to see these rule changes in place:

Experimental rules to be used at NIT
NCAA.com
Last Updated - Feb 27, 2018

The 2018 NIT will feature four rules modifications:
• The three-point line will be extended by approximately 1 foot 8 inches to the same distance used by FIBA for international competition (22 feet 1.75 inches).
• The free throw lane will be widened from 12 feet to 16 feet, consistent with the width used by the NBA.
• The games will be divided into four 10-minute quarters as opposed to two 20-minute halves. Teams will shoot two free throws beginning with the fifth foul of each quarter.
• The shot clock will reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound instead of the full 30 seconds.
Love all of it. Anything that spreads out the defense and opens the lane is good by me. Need to give athletes the advantage. Would love to add the defensive 3 second rule too. No camping in the lane.

Love all of it. Anything that spreads out the defense and opens the lane is good by me. Need to give athletes the advantage. Would love to add the defensive 3 second rule too. No camping in the lane.

Zone defense is not going to be removed from NCAA basketball in the foreseeable future.

I love extending the 3 point line.

I'm not sure about widening the lane, it will be interesting to see how any teams with guys who camp out in the low post on offense are impacted.

4 x 10' minute quarters has media timeouts at the first stoppage after 5' in each quarter and the quarter break, that's two less per game than the 16', 12', 8', 4' format for the Men's game. I wonder if that would fly for the Men's broadcasts. I like getting rid of the 1-and-1 free throws.

20" after the offensive-glass is great, I wonder how many times the clock operators will reset it to 30" on accident though.

Former Illinois St guard Zach Lofton has led NMSU to the tournament with a win tonight.

Last edited:
Former Illinois St guard Zach Lofton has led NMSU to the tournament.

Another ISU transfer, Mikyle McIntosh had 10.8/6.5 for Oregon this year. Deonte Hawkins, another ISU transfer, led Boston College in scoring and rebounding until he got an ACL. Then there was Reggie Lynch, who became the big 10 defensive player of the year before they discovered he was too rapey and showed him the door.

Lots of ISU players kicking ass around the country.

Huge year for NMSU. First they get their first bowl game in 57 years then they get a trip to the tourney in basketball. The basketball success isn't a surprise since they were the #1 seed in the conference tourney and this will make their sixth trip in eight years. They could make it memorable though by winning their opening game, something they haven't done since 1993 (Nebraska.)

SDSU winning the MWC tourney is probably a good thing for that conference. A few years ago they were seen as one of the better "mid-major" conferences in MBB usually counted on to get 2-3 teams in the tourney. This year the only team they had that could have been considered a likely selection was Nevada. Runner-up Boise won 23 games but probably wasn't getting in.

With this tourney win this puts SDSU in and Nevada should still not have to worry about getting in so the conference gets two. SDSU by the way is on a roll with nine wins in a row. Might be a team to look at for an early upset bid.

Seems like UVA, Villanova, and Kansas have three #1s locked up....two questions going into tomorrow-Who is the fourth #1? Does North Carolina drop a line with their 10th loss now?

Harvard is now within 2 points of Penn. We need Harvard to win this and avoid getting an auto-bid to the NIT.

Also today, we need Rhode Island to beat Davidson because a Davidson win would push a NCAA bubble team into the NIT and shrink that field.

Harvard is now within 2 points of Penn. We need Harvard to win this and avoid getting an auto-bid to the NIT.

Also today, we need Rhode Island to beat Davidson because a Davidson win would push a NCAA bubble team into the NIT and shrink that field.

Harvard had what looked like a clean steal in the corner, but the ref blew the whistle. Penn win.

I don't really get why 4 loss Michigan St isn't being looked at as a 1 seed.
RPI is #15 because they played the #216 non-conference schedule. That and being too rapey will keep them off the 1 line. Probably off the 2 line.

Also, if Cincinnati wins today I'd make them a 1 seed. Kansas has too many losses and Duke didn't finish strongly enough.

I’ve been harping that we are in the NIT for the last week. I no longer feel that way. Too many small tournaments didn’t go to the regular season champ.

Alphabetic order of at large bids. What is this ****. This show isn’t difficult, yet they insist on ****ing it up.

That was atrocious.

Also, did I see it right that ASU is in but USC is not?

Back