What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Transfer Portal and the Buffs

Odds that he starts at RT day one?
Low, but that’s because I think there will be at least one other OL transfer that will be more of a natural college Tackle. If the other transfer doesn’t work out, I think he probably is the odds on favorite to be a starting Tackle

Low, but that’s because I think there will be at least one other OL transfer that will be more of a natural college Tackle. If the other transfer doesn’t work out, I think he probably is the odds on favorite to be a starting Tackle
Interesting.

Because he’s a Guard that they? 4 years of eligibility left I assume. What’s not to like about a guy who is ready to compete for a starting job day one?
If he's competing for a starting job day 1, then we're 100% ****ed. Dude was an afterthought recruit.

If he's competing for a starting job day 1, then we're 100% ****ed. Dude was an afterthought recruit.
Yes, he was lightly recruited, aside from one of the better OL programs in the BIG, and he was #2 on the depth chart behind a Remington Finalist. I don’t know if he can be an effective Tackle at this level, but it’s not like CU has too much talent on the interior either.

End of the day, he’s a guy who has spent two years in a P5 program and is physically and mentally ready to compete.

I am skeptical he ends up at Tackle.

Iowa knows what they are doing at OL and they had him at Center

Because CU is flush with talent at the offensive line?
CU isn't even totally flush with HUMANS on the offensive line. This is a good get.
Furthermore, how many players have bailed as a backup to go on to be excellent at their new school? I think Wisconsin and Ohio State have some former QBs that would like to discuss this. Not saying Fenske will, but it's not impossible.

CU isn't even totally flush with HUMANS on the offensive line. This is a good get.
Furthermore, how many players have bailed as a backup to go on to be excellent at their new school? I think Wisconsin and Ohio State have some former QBs that would like to discuss this. Not saying Fenske will, but it's not impossible.
Agree that it's at least nice to add an O lineman with P5 experience, who is already physically ready to compete.

Paying athletes a share of revenue is a tough sell. Football players would make a lot more than basketball players, who would make a lot more than tennis players and skiers. You have title IX issues with that as well. It’s a non starter.

However, a system whereby a percentage of conference distributions are paid to student athletes would work. In the end, any direct payment to athletes will have to originate with conferences or the NCAA itself in order to avoid inequities between male and female athletes and high revenue generating sports and non-revenue generating sports.
I don't dislike the idea. One issue I'm seeing is that it could trend to where schools reduce their varsity sports to the minimums required by their conference, to make the percent distribution higher to players in revenue sports, which would certainly be a factor in recruiting.

CU should only take players that are better than the guys we currently have on the roster. I like our tackles.

Oh boy
If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

so how would revenue sharing work? Does a starter make more than a second teamer? Is special teams play considered starting? What about kickers and punters? Does percentage count? ranking? Do players get 1099s or W2s? redshirts? where do they fit in? Will universities have to provide financial advisors related to tax burden? Will there be bonuses for leading QBR, yards rushed, yards received, most tackles? What if SDSU (south dakota) rusher wins title...but SDSU doesnt have funds to pay bonus?

Asking for a friend

so how would revenue sharing work? Does a starter make more than a second teamer? Is special teams play considered starting? What about kickers and punters? Does percentage count? ranking? Do players get 1099s or W2s? redshirts? where do they fit in? Will universities have to provide financial advisors related to tax burden? Will there be bonuses for leading QBR, yards rushed, yards received, most tackles? What if SDSU (south dakota) rusher wins title...but SDSU doesnt have funds to pay bonus?

Asking for a friend
It’ll all be based on 100m times.

Back