What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Transfer Portal and the Buffs

Mike MacIntyre's offensive line philosophy would like a word with you
Is this the same Mike MacIntyre who is no longer a D1 head coach?

Show me a college coach who has job security and I will show you a coach who most likely has recruited and developed guys who can block.

I was not meaning for my post to come off as "trust the coaches," more that they are clearly desperate to add at least one tackle in the transfer market. That should say a lot, especially since they have now seen the young tackles on the roster in action.

Really, I would think even the biggest sunshine pumpers can admit the depth at tackle is shaky at best and potentially an area that could cost us bowl eligibility at worst.

I was not meaning for my post to come off as "trust the coaches," more that they are clearly desperate to add at least one tackle in the transfer market. That should say a lot, especially since they have now seen the young tackles on the roster in action.

Really, I would think even the biggest sunshine pumpers can admit the depth at tackle is shaky at best and potentially an area that could cost us bowl eligibility at worst.
The staff is out there bringing in a backup Center from Iowa to compete at Tackle, and continuing to hit the portal hard for more Tackle options, but we should "wait and see" how Jake Wiley has developed.

Lol doesn't surprise me
I don't know why I engage, but I've been preaching about the issues at OT for most of the year and majority of that board sees no issues at that position (they think most of the guys are just not ready and don't see a problem with that). As duff said, this position could be the difference in this team bowling or not this year.

I don't know why I engage, but I've been preaching about the issues at OT for most of the year and majority of that board sees no issues at that position (they think most of the guys are just not ready and don't see a problem with that). As duff said, this position could be the difference in this team bowling or not this year.
Fillip hasn't played a down at LT, that I can think of, and nobody else on the roster has starting RT experience at this level. Everything is fine, though. No big deal.

Filip played all the snaps a RT. You can't get experience until you are given an opportunity. I like the tackles. There is a lot of potential there, just too much youth.

Filip played all the snaps a RT. You can't get experience until you are given an opportunity. I like the tackles. There is a lot of potential there, just too much youth.
stop no GIF by cerecdoctors

Our tackle group would probably rank 11th out 12 in the conference right now. That's based on potential and depth.

stop no GIF by cerecdoctors

Our tackle group would probably rank 11th out 12 in the conference right now. That's based on potential and depth.
I disagree, we don't know yet how good the tackles will be. Some one like Senn once he gets the technique down can be a solid RT. Wiley from the reports so far is playing well this spring. Filip is going to be a stud LT. But they are young. Wont hurt to add depth and competition.

That's because the "expert" Maximus tells them all how most of our linemen are NFL prospects and they gobble that **** up

I disagree, we don't know yet how good the tackles will be. Some one like Senn once he gets the technique down can be a solid RT. Wiley from the reports so far is playing well this spring. Filip is going to be a stud LT. But they are young. Wont hurt to add depth and competition.
And if the Tackle fairy comes by and drops off a miracle we could have the next Joe Thomas.

We don't know is Senn can ever get the technique down, Wiley has never played against a college opponent, Filip is underweight and has never played a real down of LT (and so I don't go my normal long post you can ask FlaBuff why playing LT and RT are not the same)

Da Lama is correct. If you aren't looking at it with hope in your heart and golden glasses over your eyes this is a group that is not impressive and may be far below par for a PAC12 program.

I want to be wrong but that doesn't change what is.

And if the Tackle fairy comes by and drops off a miracle we could have the next Joe Thomas.

We don't know is Senn can ever get the technique down, Wiley has never played against a college opponent, Filip is underweight and has never played a real down of LT (and so I don't go my normal long post you can ask FlaBuff why playing LT and RT are not the same)

Da Lama is correct. If you aren't looking at it with hope in your heart and golden glasses over your eyes this is a group that is not impressive and may be far below par for a PAC12 program.

I want to be wrong but that doesn't change what is.

Filip is 295, can get to 300 pounds by fall camp.

You can't get experience if you are not given an opportunity. I like the young tackles. My only concern is depth. Injuries can happen.

I'm all for letting kids develop, but bringing in more guys to compete for playing time is either going to make the young guys work harder and be better, or quit. We might have talented tackles, but they haven't done a damn thing yet to make anyone comfortable with our tackle situation.

And if the Tackle fairy comes by and drops off a miracle we could have the next Joe Thomas
Calling my shot: The tackle fairy already delivered us the OT we’ve always wanted in Tank.

I watched his camp footage and available tapes when he was coming out, and he was a man among kids. Now at 6’10” with his athleticism and feet, he may become an anchor at OT. Throwing out the unfounded projection... he starts as backup this year, and eventually takes over the position!!! :)))))

Still not sure why there is any argument over bringing in “ready to play” OL folks. Did anyone questioning this forget watching our OL spontaneously combust last year?

imagine what could be accomplished if the time spent discussing hypothetical tackle potential in this thread was channeled towards something else

imagine what could be accomplished if the time spent discussing hypothetical tackle potential in this thread was channeled towards something else
So what is an elite 40 time for a tackle?

UBL since we are doing that.

Back