What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Transfer Portal and the Buffs

Taylor looked good during spring ball. Too early to say either way if there is a problem at corner back.

Someone brought up on another board that Dorrell is up against the 25 counter for this last class which includes transfers. I am not sure if that is right or not, but if it is, that means we are done with transfers this year.
I don't believe transfers count against this class, but rather the class they originally entered with (in terms of the 25).

I don't think the coaching staff are too concerned about the transfer of Oats and Luckett. The Transfer portal and new rules have changed College football forever.
Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t the rule that you have to sit out a year after transferring come back next year? If so, I think that transferring might return to more normal levels. I agree that the portal sure does streamline the transfer process though.

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t the rule that you have to sit out a year after transferring come back next year? If so, I think that transferring might return to more normal levels. I agree that the portal sure does streamline the transfer process though.
Nope, it's a new rule where every player is now allowed one transfer with immediate eligibility going forward.

Pretty much a game changer then. Gotta have a staff member keeping up with the portal all of the time. I’m sure it’s driving most coaching staffs crazy right now, but it will seem old hat in a few years.
The only thing that is unique about this year is that last year didn't count for anyone's eligibility due to COVID whether they played or not. Thus, this year's transfers will have an "extra" year of eligibility left.

The only thing that is unique about this year is that last year didn't count for anyone's eligibility due to COVID whether they played or not. Thus, this year's transfers will have an "extra" year of eligibility left.
I think also even if you’ve already transferred, you can transfer again this year without sitting out.

I don't think the coaching staff are too concerned about the transfer of Oats and Luckett. The Transfer portal and new rules have changed College football forever.
No Way Wow GIF

If anything, this brave new world of the transfer portal should help teams like CU. We’ve already gotten players transferring here from Alabama, Ohio State, Tennessee and Oklahoma. Those were all guys we would have never gotten straight out of high school. Some will work out, others won’t (Alfano). All this to say I’m totally fine with the system the way it is. If we can find a baked in advantage, take it.

Back