What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NET Watch 2020

Yesterday:

Clemson with a huge win over Syracuse. Now #81 NET.
Wyoming continues to suck sweaty donkey balls.

Today, Jan 29, games we care about:

Dayton at Duquesne (5pm, CBSSN). Tough conference road game at the 15-4 (5-2) Dukes. A-10 is deep this year.

Northern Iowa hosts Missouri State (5pm, ESPN+). Should be a win. Needs to be.

CSU hosts Nevada (7pm, ESPN3). Pretty even game, with the Rams a slight favorite.

Arizona State at Washington State (9pm, ESPNU). ASU is much more likely to move up in Quads & we have both a road & neutral win over them - so technically I want them to win even though I hate them so very, very much. SIT DOWN, BOBBY! SHUT UP, BOBBY!

Yesterday:

Dayton at Duquesne (5pm, CBSSN). Tough conference road game at the 15-4 (5-2) Dukes. A-10 is deep this year.

CSU hosts Nevada (7pm, ESPN3). Pretty even game, with the Rams a slight favorite.

Arizona State at Washington State (9pm, ESPNU). ASU is much more likely to move up in Quads & we have both a road & neutral win over them - so technically I want them to win even though I hate them so very, very much. SIT DOWN, BOBBY! SHUT UP, BOBBY!

Dayton vs Duquesne should be a good game. The St Louis vs Dayton game may have been the best game I have seen this year. I am hoping the A-10 gets more than one bid this year, I know it likely will not happen but there are some great teams in there this year.

Dayton vs Duquesne should be a good game. The St Louis vs Dayton game may have been the best game I have seen this year. I am hoping the A-10 gets more than one bid this year, I know it likely will not happen but there are some great teams in there this year.
A-10 right now:

Dayton: #5 NET
VCU: #33 NET
Rhode Island: #45 NET
Richmond: #58 NET
Saint Louis: #67 NET
Duquesne: #94 NET
Davidson: #99 NET
St. Bonaventure: #133 NET
Massachusetts: #162 NET
La Salle: #173 NET
George Mason: #174 NET
George Washington: #195 NET
Saint Joseph's: #220 NET
Fordham: #272 NET

Dayton's a tourney lock. The next 5 (VCU through Duquesne) should all end up with 20ish wins since all have at least 15 right now. VCU likely on the right side of the bubble and Rhode Island is just missing the Dance. Definitely a path for the A10 to get 3 bids this year. I'd be surprised if they only get 1. This isn't like the Mountain West where SDSU is #2 NET and the next team doesn't show up until Utah State at #57 and Nevada in 3rd at #84. The A10 has 5 teams that are Q1 or Q2 opponents when you play them at home and 8 that fall in those categories for road games. It's a very strong basketball conference.

Yesterday:

You forgot:
Get off the court bobby
and
Lick my balls, bobby

would much prefer to see a few A-10 teams in the dance than the current TWELVE Big Ten teams Lunardi has in it

Yesterday:

Dayton held off Duquesne for a 4pt win.
Northern Iowa destroyed Missouri State.
CSU got a big 1pt win over Nevada.
Wazzu took down ASU by 2 on an Elleby trey with under 5 seconds left.

Today, Jan 30th, games we care about:

COLORADO at UCLA (9pm, ESPN2). They suck and we will crush them.

Oregon at Cal (7pm, PACN). This one doesn't impact us much. Maybe on standings.

Arizona at Washington (7pm, ESPN2). This one doesn't impact us much. Maybe on standings.

Utah at USC (7:30pm). This one doesn't impact us much. Maybe on standings.

UC Irvine at UC Davis (8pm). UCI with an opportunity for a conference road win to continue its drive to win the Big West (currently 4-1).

Loyola Marymount at Pacific (8pm). Surprised to see Pacific only favored by 6. Maybe there's a chance at an upset tonight.

Oregon State at Stanford (9pm, PACN). This one doesn't impact us much. Maybe on standings.

** Tonight, all the other Pac-12 games are ones whee we play each team the same number of times so the only real thing that matters in the conference tonight is whether CU can get some breathing room at the top of the standings while taking down UCLA.

Yesterday:

Dayton held off Duquesne for a 4pt win.
Northern Iowa destroyed Missouri State.
CSU got a big 1pt win over Nevada.
Wazzu took down ASU by 2 on an Elleby trey with under 5 seconds left.

Today, Jan 30th, games we care about:

COLORADO at UCLA (9pm, ESPN2). They suck and we will crush them.

Oregon at Cal (7pm, PACN). This one doesn't impact us much. Maybe on standings.

Arizona at Washington (7pm, ESPN2). This one doesn't impact us much. Maybe on standings.

Utah at USC (7:30pm). This one doesn't impact us much. Maybe on standings.

UC Irvine at UC Davis (8pm). UCI with an opportunity for a conference road win to continue its drive to win the Big West (currently 4-1).

Loyola Marymount at Pacific (8pm). Surprised to see Pacific only favored by 6. Maybe there's a chance at an upset tonight.

Oregon State at Stanford (9pm, PACN). This one doesn't impact us much. Maybe on standings.

** Tonight, all the other Pac-12 games are ones whee we play each team the same number of times so the only real thing that matters in the conference tonight is whether CU can get some breathing room at the top of the standings while taking down UCLA.
We need Cal to pull off a Miracle against Oregon. Oregon has a LOT of home games remaining and needs to start dropping games if we are going to catch them.

We need Cal to pull off a Miracle against Oregon. Oregon has a LOT of home games remaining and needs to start dropping games if we are going to catch them.
Bradley's a nice player and Cal also has some guys who can make 3s. Pretty athletic roster, too. But I'm expecting Oregon to roll. Pritchard & Duarte have been so dominant lately.

I'm only concerned about the time of tip-off, what a late freaking game for our Buffs tonight

Oregon State is turning into a bad loss. They are 2-5 in conference. With wins against us and Arizona (2 of the 3 top 25 teams in conference). They have played quite a bit on the road, so hopefully they can put together a win streak at the second half of conference play.
What do you mean “is turning into?”

What do you mean “is turning into?”
It was always a "bad" loss due to choking it away in an unbelievable display of bad basketball the final 8 minutes. But it wasn't "bad" for our NET selection sheet until OSU started losing so much and plummeting in the NET ranks.

It was always a "bad" loss due to choking it away in an unbelievable display of bad basketball the final 8 minutes. But it wasn't "bad" for our NET selection sheet until OSU started losing so much and plummeting in the NET ranks.
I get the NET thing.

Some observations and of course things will change by the end of season.

There are three teams in the top 16 in Net rankings that are not in Kenpom's top 16 . They are Fla. St. 18, Creighton 20, and Villanova 24.

There are four teams in Net that are not in RPI's top 16. They are Colorado 17, Gonzaga 20, Butler 23, Michigan St. 28.

Last year 14 of the top 16 teams in Net went to the Sweet 16 and Auburn was at 18.

This morning we find ourselves at #16 in NET rankings. The USC win helped more than the UCLA loss hurt :giggle:

I was just thinking the same thing in the game thread, that if we were to get a split on this trip the USC game was the better one to get since that's a Quad 1 win and UCLA wouldn't have been.

Back