What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New DC Poll-Top 4 candidates

Rank order the top 4 candidates.

• D Gibbs

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • C Pendergast

Votes: 71 64.0%
  • DJ Durkin

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • G Gibbs

Votes: 13 11.7%

• Total voters
Reed would be a friend of Walters (NC State). If we are going to hire someone from Clemson I would rather get Venables.

Reed would be a friend of Walters (NC State). If we are going to hire someone from Clemson I would rather get Venables.

We can't and won't get Venables, you know that. Anyway, color me unimpressed if we hire a guy with zero DC experience. Talk about flop.

We can't and won't get Venables, you know that. Anyway, color me unimpressed if we hire a guy with zero DC experience. Talk about flop.

Well if we are wishing - I want a pony! I know we won't get Venables but that is the chasm here - a proven DC at the P5 level versus a position coach getting a promotion to DC.

And I'm not worried yet anyway. FLounder tends to get a little excitable when posting stuff.

This type of a hire as a DC would make me wonder about MacIntyre. Zero experience west of the Mississippi, and zero DC experience. Better not be him for anything other than a secondary coach. Venables isn't coming.

This type of a hire as a DC would make me wonder about MacIntyre. Zero experience west of the Mississippi, and zero DC experience. Better not be him for anything other than a secondary coach. Venables isn't coming.

Just took a look at his bio and he definitely isn't coming here as a position coach. Maybe we're going a co-coordinator route

I think I have heard that before. JUST TO BE CLEAR - I did not start any Brent Venables rumors (or Scoop) I just said if we are going after a Clemson assistant I would choose Venables.

I think I have heard that before. JUST TO BE CLEAR - I did not start any Brent Venables rumors (or Scoop) I just said if we are going after a Clemson assistant I would choose Venables.

I wouldn't. BV had ample talent at ou yet his defenses were porous at best. Not sure how he's done at Clemson.

The bigger question that should be on everyone's mind, who is this BigJim? He is liking everyone's posts. Come out of the shadows BigJim!

I wouldn't. BV had ample talent at ou yet his defenses were porous at best. Not sure how he's done at Clemson.

You have to be kidding me. His defense leads the nation this year and he is considered one of the TOP DCs in the nation PLUS (even though the AllBuffs wisdom says DCs don't recruit) - he is a top recruiter.

I would take him in a heartbeat even with the Million $ price tag.

Clemson led the nation in total defense (260.8-yard average) in 2014 and ranked fourth in scoring defense (16.7-point average)• In his 18 years as a full-time assistant coach, his teams have 18 winning seasons, have been to 18 bowl games and have won at least 10 games 14 times.

• His 2013 defense, which was 24th in the nation in scoring defense and 25th in total defense, led the nation in tackles for loss (122). He also coached All-ACC linebackers Stephone Anthony and Spencer Shuey.
• Named one of the top-25 recruiters in the nation in 2013 by Rivals.com.
• Named one of the top-50 recruiters in the nation in 2013 by 247Sports.com.
• Named one of the top-10 recruiters in the ACC in 2013 by Rivals.com.
• His 2012 defense held opponents to just 34.0 percent on third down, 24th-best in the nation.
• A big reason Clemson was co-champion of the ACC Atlantic Division and won 11 games in 2012.
• Coached 13 years (1999-11) at Oklahoma and three years (1996-98) at Kansas State. He was also a graduate assistant coach at Kansas State for three seasons (1993-95).
• Has coached in 10 bowl games that are currently considered BCS bowls.
• Served as co-defensive coordinator at Oklahoma (1999-03) and defensive coordinator at Oklahoma (2004-11).
• Linebackers under his direction were named Big 12 Defensive Player-of-the-Year five times and Big 12 Defensive Newcomer-of-the-Year five times. He also coached two Butkus Award winners and two other Butkus Award finalists.
• In 2008, his defense was in the top three in nearly every Big 12 defensive category despite facing 11 of the top-50 scoring offenses in the nation.
• Broyles Award finalist in 2006 when Oklahoma led the Big 12 in total defense and scoring defense.
• Oklahoma was first in the nation in total defense, first in passing defense, second in pass efficiency defense, third in scoring defense and fifth in turnover margin in 2003.
• His 2002 defense was in the top 10 in the nation in scoring defense, passing defense and total defense.
• His 2001 defense was fourth in the nation in scoring defense, fourth in total defense, fifth in pass effiency defense and seventh in rushing defense.
• Owns a National Championship ring as co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Oklahoma in 2000.

Back