What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New DC Poll-Top 4 candidates

Rank order the top 4 candidates.

• D Gibbs

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • C Pendergast

Votes: 71 64.0%
  • DJ Durkin

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • G Gibbs

Votes: 13 11.7%

• Total voters
Not sure you would be happy with any hire

Yup, the fact that I'm not happy that we missed out on every single defensive coordinator that looked appealing means I wouldn't be happy with anyone, I have no idea why someone wouldn't be happy about that fact... hell, this shows that I probably wouldn't even be happy if Pete Carroll decided to be our defensive coordinator, huh?

Go play intramurals, brother. Seriously, you are to this board what Hawkins was as the coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I genuinely find it hilarious that everyone gets mad when I am negative about something negative happening to the team. It's why I stick around here, so amusing :laugh:.

Yup, the fact that I'm not happy that we missed out on every single defensive coordinator that looked appealing means I wouldn't be happy with anyone, I have no idea why someone wouldn't be happy about that fact... hell, this shows that I probably wouldn't even be happy if Pete Carroll decided to be our defensive coordinator, huh?
I'd be happy with Carroll as our DC.

Hobby is like the 3rd guy on the defensive totem pole at Clemson - he wouldn't be the worst guy we could hire, but would definitely mean we are way down the DC wishlist and on to plan b or c options.

Hobby is like the 3rd guy on the defensive totem pole at Clemson - he wouldn't be the worst guy we could hire, but would definitely mean we are way down the DC wishlist and on to plan b or c options.
I would tend to agree with this. And hope it is not the situation.

Just like our player recruiting. I still think Hobby would be a considerable upgrade to what we had. Shouldn't pay big$, though.

I genuinely find it hilarious that I add no value and people seem to get annoyed by my pessimism and complaining. It's why I stick around here, so amusing :laugh:.

FIFY

Seriously, at least try and mix in some sarcasm or humor when you have a take - don't be Phyllis from Alabama.

Does this mean you are giving credence to the rumor we might be looking at him? I am not sure I am opposed to him, but if true, it is certainly concerning that we may have struck out with our top 3/4 candidates.
Assuming we knew who the top ones were...

So much we don't know, right? I'm hoping this gets resolved soon. I hope we are all really excited. We had rumors of 4 great candidates. Maybe it's already a done deal with David Gibbs. Or maybe Durkin will be the man after the bowl game tomorrow?

At least it should he over soon?? Can't wait til we know.

Assuming we knew who the top ones were...

Apparently Clemson fans really like him. He's supposidly very good at developing players on top of being a good recruiter. Very good defensive lines without highly rated players.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Apparently Clemson fans really like him. He's supposidly very good at developing players on top of being a good recruiter. Very good defensive lines without highly rated players.

I am skeptical. This wreaks of trying to be the smartest guy in the room, along with our recruiting. At some point you have to bring in a proven entity in one form or another.

I am skeptical. This wreaks of trying to be the smartest guy in the room, along with our recruiting. At some point you have to bring in a proven entity in one form or another.

MacIntyre has coached with him twice, and once as a co-DC so if anyone knows his potential it's our coach. I'm not totally sold but I'm warming up to it

MacIntyre has coached with him twice, and once as a co-DC so if anyone knows his potential it's our coach. I'm not totally sold but I'm warming up to it

Potential is a fickle bitch. I want someone to step in and bring us to the next level.

I said early on it should be expected to be someone HCMM has worked with. That's almost always true.

I'd be more comfortable with an experienced DC who's had fast success. Recruiting chops is secondary To quick results, so on paper Hobby is not my guy. But every hot-**** got their start somewhere and HCMM might know it. A lot riding on this move IMO.

Last edited:
I said early on it should be expected to be someone HCMM has worked with. That's almost always true.

I'd be more comfortable with an experienced DC who's had fast success. Recruiting chips is secondary so on paper Hobby is not my guy. But every hot-**** got their start somewhere and HCMM might know it. A lot riding on this move IMO.

You have to admit this would be very underwhelming and slightly alarming. We expected better.

You have to admit this would be very underwhelming and slightly alarming. We expected better.

I expected Pete Carroll.

When you say better we don't know. He might be the next Pendergast circa Cal.

We expected more proven experience as a DC. Yes.

Last edited:
I expected Pete Carroll.

When end you say better we don't know. He might be the next Pendergast circa Cal.

We we expected more proven experience as a DC. Yes.

I might be the next J.D. Slainger if I keep posting on here.

My point is that we had our 2-3 names that were passed along as the list. All strong candidates. Then, in the last minute we are thrown this scrap and supposed to believe that it is a great hire full of potential?

If we end up with Hobby, we struck out.

I'd be more comfortable with an experienced DC who's had fast success. Recruiting chops is secondary To quick results, so on paper Hobby is not my guy. But every hot-**** got their start somewhere and HCMM might know it. A lot riding on this move IMO.
A lot of truth to this post. None of us know what is going on. Ultimately mac will have to live and die by these decisions.

These two qualities seem at odds with one another.

Somehow I envision a lot of "look what he walked into" type posts next season.

I just looked, they had plenty of talent on the DL, so I'm not sure what he was taking about

:lol:

Probably just a typical Clemson / southern football fan... if he had a couple 3* recruits who have started then they were under-talented.

Back