What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New DC Poll-Top 4 candidates

Rank order the top 4 candidates.

• D Gibbs

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • C Pendergast

Votes: 71 64.0%
  • DJ Durkin

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • G Gibbs

Votes: 13 11.7%

• Total voters
Let´s call a spade a spade. IF D Gibbs was the guy we were trying to close on, and he chose TT over us, especially in light of what we have heard that $ was not going to interfere with this search, D Gibbs going to TT is a major fail on RG and HCMM. We may never know if that is indeed the case, and what were the real reasons he didn´t come, but for god´s sake his a a freaking alum.

Has a chance to come and resurrect a terrible defense at his alma mater, and who knows could eventually take the reigns if HCMM moved to the SEC or whatever.

Now, what we don´t know for sure is if he was our 1st choice and if perhaps we let up on D Gibbs b-c for example Pendergast became available. I would love for that to be true but that doesn´t seem probable, especially because there are no reports we have even interviewed Pedergast.

Where the **** did you get this idea? This is the goddamn stupidest thing you've posted since the last really stupid thing you've posted.

Also, you are the one speculating without support about the identity of the top 4 being other than those posted on rivals. There is credible evidence in support of Slider's position, and absolutely none in support of yours.

I simply made a statement of fact, that no other source has speculated about any candidates about our DC position. There is literally no speculation to that...

I think you've got to make a play for Pendergast if you're CU.
That may be the biggest understatement of the year. Pendergast is a world-class hire who has been rumored for jobs from LSU and aTm among others. From all the scoop sites, etc. it sounds like he is still available. Rivals had him as a top 4 candidate from the beginning.

Judging from our opinion poll here, I can´t imagine many Buffs fans being disappointed about Pendergast whether he was our #1 or #2 target. There is still a chance we get a splash hire though, perhaps someone making an unexpected lateral move or an ex-stud DC who was fired as a HC.

Poor undefeated. I feel like it has been a rough 230 posts start for that guy.

Meh, I'm a big fan of debate and obviously my opinions spark plenty of it. It's OK that people disagree with me, in fact, it'd be quite boring if they didn't. Contrary to what many people think, though, I'm not some Skip Bayless, troll trying to stir things up.

Super interesting article about Pendergast being crossed off the list at LSU. I was worried it was a personality thing or that he was more NFL than college football now, but this article claims the reason he is not in the running is because he is not familiar enough with the SEC. This is interesting b-c a.) he has more familiarity with the PAC, and b.) it contributes to the debate we have had on AB with how relevant it might be whether a coordinator has familiarity with the conference footprint.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/01/clancy_pendergast_no_longer_ca.html

Pendergast, out of coaching for the 2014 season, did not have enough familiarity with the SEC and recruiting in the South to encourage LSU coach Les Miles to bring him aboard after meeting with him over the weekend, the sources said.

Find any source in support of your argument before dissing the guy citing the most credible source on CU sports.
While I love Adam's work, he is the only one that has mentioned any names or have seen anything. There could have been others.

Marion Hobby makes sense to me, though he is far from a sexy choice. Has worked a lot with Mac, he's fairly young, African American, a DE/DL coach which we truly need. While I was the first to bring up David Gibbs and wanted him here, Hobby is not a bad option, but do we know who the candidates truly are and what is going on, nope. We will see in the next few days we'd hope.

Still, I think we need someone else and that if this is to replace Jeffcoat and we add some other guys, great. Jeffcoat was a great pro, but still trying to see his recruiting and coaching paying any dividends.

Can we just bring Baer back and pretend none of this ever happened? We'll try again next year.

Also, the whole reason I made that factual statement is because I completely disagree with "Pendergast or bust", like no other candidate would be a good hire. Even if we don't get one of our "top 3 choices" (which should be nothing new to this program in any aspect), that doesn't mean the guy we end up hiring is a bust. I simply choose to take the wait and see approach.

I simply made a statement of fact, that no other source has speculated about any candidates about our DC position. There is literally no speculation to that...

If you don't realize what you are saying, I think that explains a lot about your posts.

How many calories do you burn jumping to conclusions? We know nothing at this point except one of the speculative candidates is heading elsewhere. Let's hold off until we know something solid about OUR DC position.

Like I said, nobody but Rivals reported that any of those names were even candidates. Find me another source that has even mentioned possible candidates for our DC position and I'll lend credence to your statement.

If you don't realize what you are saying, I think that explains a lot about your posts.

I think I've been pretty consistent on this topic. If you don't realize that, I think that explains a lot about your biased against me and my opinions. (Which is OK :thumbsup:)

I think I've been pretty consistent on this topic. If you don't realize that, I think that explains a lot about your biased against me and my opinions. (Which is OK :thumbsup:)
The day you back up your opinions with a basis in fact will be the day I need a bias to dismiss them.

Now it's getting ugly...
I'm done, for now, I swear :lol:. Shouldn't spend time on the dimmest bulb. Can we just replace it? Also his ignorance of other "sources" is hilarious.

How would you react if Gary Gibbs ended up being the hire as DC + LBs with Hobby brought in as DE and Co-DC?
Unless it came from the trough, not gonna believe it.

The day you back up your opinions with a basis in fact will be the day I need a bias to dismiss them.

If you can't name a source, other than Rivals, that has given Durkin, Gibbs and Pendergast as candidates, than my opinion on this topic is fact. It's not that hard Darth, try and keep up.

​DOOM!!!!

So, we're going to hear something today, right?

This seems to have taken longer than it should have.

Thats because no one wants to work here.

Someone will claim that Boulder is a great place to live. As if a football coach, prone to moving to new jobs every 2 years like the military is a factor.

Up, there it is...

Notsomuch. But supposedly SI tweeted Gibbs to TT as well. I must admit I am surprised by this. Was sure he would leave UH, but thought we had the inside track on him. Wonder what happened behind the scenes b-c supposedly $ wasn´t a barrier to our search. Forgetting why we all think Boulder is a way better place to live, the fact that CU is his alma mater, I would have thought that would sway him. Guess not.

Im convinced that all these coaches all know each other and go to that conference every year and compare notes. CU Boulder is or was still on their **** list apparently. At least for the top tier guys. I really have to wonder whats being whispered to make so many coaches avoid coming here. :bang:

If you can't name a source, other than Rivals, that has given Durkin, Gibbs and Pendergast as candidates, than my opinion on this topic is fact. It's not that hard Darth, try and keep up.

What other source would there possibly be? Adam is the only one who gives a **** about CU enough to actually bother covering a story before it breaks.

What other source would there possibly be? Adam is the only one who gives a **** about CU enough to actually bother covering a story before it breaks.
The trough was another source. Multiple other posters with inside knowledge on rivals as well. But as far as journalists go, spot on.

I'm done, for now, I swear :lol:. Shouldn't spend time on the dimmest bulb. Can we just replace it? Also his ignorance of other "sources" is hilarious.

Unless it came from the trough, not gonna believe it.

Totally spitballin' here.

Seems unlikely Hobby would leave Clemson for basically the same job

I'd agree. Hobby is a southern guy, so it's out of his comfort zone. Unless he and MacIntyre are pretty much best buds, it would be hard to see happening.

The trough was another source. Multiple other posters with inside knowledge on rivals as well. But as far as journalists go, spot on.

I assumed random internet posters, even ones with a lot of credibility, would not breach the high standard undefeated has set.

Plenty of publications reported Baer and La Russa leaving, why can't other publications report their possible replacements? Plenty out there about Durkin and UM, why isn't there anything else about Durkin and CU? Plenty about Pendergast and LSU and A&M, but why nothing about CU? Plenty about Gibbs and UH and TT, but why nothing about CU?

All I'm saying is that one publication reported a list of candidates when Baer was "fired". That list grew and then shrunk and somehow we all managed to believe it was down to those 3 guys, when literally nobody else has even mentioned them connected to the CU job. I'm not saying Rivals is wrong, I'm saying they aren't the end all, be all of college football information and there is likely other candidates being interviewed than the ones mentioned so far.

Back