What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New DC Poll-Top 4 candidates

Rank order the top 4 candidates.

• D Gibbs

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • C Pendergast

Votes: 71 64.0%
  • DJ Durkin

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • G Gibbs

Votes: 13 11.7%

• Total voters
Notsomuch. But supposedly SI tweeted Gibbs to TT as well. I must admit I am surprised by this. Was sure he would leave UH, but thought we had the inside track on him. Wonder what happened behind the scenes b-c supposedly $ wasn´t a barrier to our search. Forgetting why we all think Boulder is a way better place to live, the fact that CU is his alma mater, I would have thought that would sway him. Guess not.
yes they are very credible boyd...

Gibbs picking TT over CU shows me location has very little to do with fast track, high quality coaches. No sane person would ever choose Flubbuck over Boulder.

My choice is still in the mix...come to CU Clancy!

more info coming in Gibbs is off the table if the reports are correct

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Houston DC David Gibbs &amp; DBs coach/recruiting coordinator ZacSpavitalexpected to join staff at Texas Tech per source.</p>&mdash; Thayer Evans (@ThayerEvansSI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ThayerEvansSI/status/552136160793722880">January 5, 2015</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Apparently, CU is still toxic within coaching circles, even among alums. Still holding out hope that we hire a quality coach who can recruit.

Gibbs picking TT over CU shows me location has very little to do with fast track, high quality coaches. No sane person would ever choose Flubbuck over Boulder.

About the obly positive spun I could see is that pendergast becoming available after LSU decides to go elsewhere is that we told gibbs no bc we are finalizing a deal with pendergast.

That does require rosy glasses and lots of kool-aid but it is possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the only positive spun I could see is that penderías becoming available after LSU decides to go elsewhere is that we told gibbs no bc we are finalizing a deal with pendergast.

That does require rosy glasses and lots of kool-aid but it is possible

Probably should have seen this one coming when Gary Gibbs name started popping up as a potential candidate.

Still, it's very disappointing. If there was one guy on that list that we should have an "in" with, it was David Gibbs.

We can't even throw money at the problem!

How many calories do you burn jumping to conclusions? We know nothing at this point except one of the speculative candidates is heading elsewhere. Let's hold off until we know something solid about OUR DC position.

How many calories do you burn jumping to conclusions? We know nothing at this point except one of the speculative candidates is heading elsewhere. Let's hold off until we know something solid about OUR DC position.

2 of our top 3 candidates are going elsewhere.

Pendergast or bust at this point

This. We know nothing about what's going on.

I think it's a little premature to say "Pendergast or bust" at this point. True, he's the only remaining member of the initial list, but we could still end up with a solid DC who is a plan B or plan C guy. Shooting high and missing is better than not taking the shot at all.

I think we want to be careful to not pollute the pond any more than it already is. Let's avoid jumping off bridges, regardless of who the new DC is.

54a8438bcf9f01016c2c67feb5fa4f38.jpg

Thanks for the smile. Part of the thing with Gibbs is other than AM, I never saw anything about him interviewing here like I heard about TT.

2 of our top 3 candidates are going elsewhere.

Pendergast or bust at this point

Nobody but Rivals reported that any of those names were even candidates, let alone our top 3. This process has been played very close to the vest and until we hear some more concrete news, why don't we curb the doom and gloom.

Nobody but Rivals reported that any of those names were even candidates, let alone our top 3. This process has been played very close to the vest and until we hear some more concrete news, why don't we curb the doom and gloom.

Not really considering those names were fed to Adam. It's quite clear those were out top 4

That's Slider's thing. That and loling, literally, and figuratively. Luckily, he's pretty explicit about which at the time.

Not really considering those names were fed to Adam. It's quite clear those were out top 4

Like I said, nobody but Rivals reported that any of those names were even candidates. Find me another source that has even mentioned possible candidates for our DC position and I'll lend credence to your statement.

Like I said, nobody but Rivals reported that any of those names were even candidates. Find me another source that has even mentioned possible candidates for our DC position and I'll lend credence to your statement.
Find any source in support of your argument before dissing the guy citing the most credible source on CU sports.

Here comes the spin...

Find any source in support of your argument before dissing the guy citing the most credible source on CU sports.

What are you talking about? There is no source for my argument. My statements are statements of fact that there has literally been nothing from any other publication that even speculates on potential candidates. I'm not "dissing" Adam or Rivals at all. I'm simply stating that nobody else has even speculated about candidates, so to state for a fact (like Slider is doing) that Durkin, Gibbs and Pendergast are our top 3 candidates is simply speculation based on one publication. Two sources should be cited before claiming fact.

The more time that passes - maybe Baer wanted to leave and was not "forced out", like we all want to believe. If a coach is forced out then the announcement for his replacement is timed out pretty quickly. The only teams still playing o and the st. I doubt we get coaches from them.

DOOM

The more time that passes - maybe Baer wanted to leave and was not "forced out", like we all want to believe. If a coach is forced out then the announcement for his replacement is timed out pretty quickly. The only teams still playing o and the st. I doubt we get coaches from them.

DOOM

No, Baer would not have had a job at CU in 2015. He was fired.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The more time that passes - maybe Baer wanted to leave and was not "forced out", like we all want to believe. If a coach is forced out then the announcement for his replacement is timed out pretty quickly. The only teams still playing o and the st. I doubt we get coaches from them.DOOM
Stop.

What are you talking about? There is no source for my argument. My statements are statements of fact that there has literally been nothing from any other publication that even speculates on potential candidates. I'm not "dissing" Adam or Rivals at all. I'm simply stating that nobody else has even speculated about candidates, so to state for a fact (like Slider is doing) that Durkin, Gibbs and Pendergast are our top 3 candidates is simply speculation based on one publication. Two sources should be cited before claiming fact.

Where the **** did you get this idea? This is the goddamn stupidest thing you've posted since the last really stupid thing you've posted.

Also, you are the one speculating without support about the identity of the top 4 being other than those posted on rivals. There is credible evidence in support of Slider's position, and absolutely none in support of yours.

Duff's the guy who sits on a pedestal, telling people not to put words in other people's mouths and then turns around and does it himself.
I think it does not take much of a leap to think we have had to move down our list of candidates. You apparently disagree.

Back