What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 All-in-One Assistant Coaches Compendium Thread - hagan in, bernardi to te, adams ol -

Some tact is definitely required, but the reality is the schedule is pretty tight from Thursday all the way through signing day. Keep in mind MacIntyre still has most/all of his in-home visits to conduct with both committed and uncommitted prospects. He might be able to get away for a day or two when he travels south. Hopefully he can take a little more time between signing day and Spring practices.
Interesting situation since work isn't exactly an "escape" when you played for your dad and followed in his footsteps. Typically, work is a welcome distraction for most persons after they've lost a loved one. I hope MM will be able to contain his emotions when necessary and accomplish what he set out to accomplish this week.

Some tact is definitely required, but the reality is the schedule is pretty tight from Thursday all the way through signing day. Keep in mind MacIntyre still has most/all of his in-home visits to conduct with both committed and uncommitted prospects. He might be able to get away for a day or two when he travels south. Hopefully he can take a little more time between signing day and Spring practices.

I would think so. Looks like Leavitt is on a plane to Tampa.

Sounds like him and Lindgren welcomed the team back in a meeting last night since they both referenced a meeting in the same time frame.

I'll guess that Leavitt is going to do some networking and preparation. Then maybe he'll try and close Watts.

So, neither assistant were at the conference. If you are an assistant at this thing does that mean your looking for work?

I'm sure Mac will do what needs to be done. But his mom is still there and will need help with a lot of matters. His mom comes first. Losing one's spouse after 60 years is pretty tough and she'll need support and assistance. . But I'm certain Mac will handle all of this professionally and keep his finger on the pulse of things and designate as needed. He also has a brother who I'm sure will help. What is more important than the coach's convention is that he's up and running when recruiting opens up again.

I'm sure Mac will do what needs to be done. But his mom is still there and will need help with a lot of matters. His mom comes first. Losing one's spouse after 60 years is pretty tough and she'll need support and assistance. . But I'm certain Mac will handle all of this professionally and keep his finger on the pulse of things and designate as needed. He also has a brother who I'm sure will help. What is more important than the coach's convention is that he's up and running when recruiting opens up again.

Thats kind of where I was at. Frankly, my gut thinks were done with staff changes this cycle. It was bad timing for his dad to pass so close to the conference.

I guess we'll know soon enough if he went and was successful.

I know MacIntyre is a professional and will balance as best he can in a difficult time. I would be surprised if he skipped the convention altogether, but yeah, being ready to roll on Thursday is pretty important. Big recruiting weekend coming up and likely starts with in-home visits next week. Like I said, hopefully he can work in a couple days away when he swings South.

Either that or our guys haven't touched a weight since November.

That wouldn't be too unusual, especially for starters, to take a month off after the season to let their bodies recover while only doing light workouts.

That wouldn't be too unusual, especially for starters, to take a month off after the season to let their bodies recover while only doing light workouts.
I'm sure they're still on a lifting/conditioning program, but nothing too rigorous. They have to be self-motivated to actually do those workouts, though.

I'm sure they're still on a lifting/conditioning program, but nothing too rigorous. They have to be self-motivated to actually do those workouts, though.
When it comes to the weight room, Kelley is self-motivated. Thus my earlier agenda remark...

After tonight, another potential upgrade to Neinas may be available:

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=205529412
DANNY PEARMAN
Assistant Head Coach / Special Teams Coordinator & Tight Ends
NUPURVHEIEOAONQ.20120829141802.jpg

I'm not sure about the assistant head coach, but I'm sure that lots of Clemson fans are calling for the special teams coordinator to be fired.

You could blame him for that one play. His special teams pasted Alabama inside the 20 several times. What killed the game for Clemson were the 2-3 big yardage plays the Clemson defense gave up after that kick recovery that led to two more touch downs. Clemson looked like a world beater but their mobile QB offense really only did two things most of the night; screen plays and QB runs. When they tried to stretch the field Alabama was mostly there to stop them.

It was a great game.

I didn't watch Clemson all that much this year, but Herbstreet was saying that they haven't been great on ST all year. With that said, I think the coordinator can really only be blamed for the onside kick due to his alignment strategy. Keeping contain, missing tackles on kickoff and having a FG partially blocked is not something a coordinator can really control. Those are personnel issues.

Special teams were the difference last night. A recovered on-side kick and a KO return for a touchdown against a team like Alabama and you're lucky the game was as close as it was.
I thought Clemson outplayed Alabama on offense and defense. The difference was special teams.

I didn't watch Clemson all that much this year, but Herbstreet was saying that they haven't been great on ST all year. With that said, I think the coordinator can really only be blamed for the onside kick due to his alignment strategy. Keeping contain, missing tackles on kickoff and having a FG partially blocked is not something a coordinator can really control. Those are personnel issues.

I didnt watch them at all either. So we have that going for both of us.

That being said when you are stacked with talent like both teams were sooner or later someone will break contain and make a play. The antithesis of CU.

Special teams were the difference last night. A recovered on-side kick and a KO return for a touchdown against a team like Alabama and you're lucky the game was as close as it was.
I thought Clemson outplayed Alabama on offense and defense. The difference was special teams.
See my post in the NC thread, but Clemson's defense gifted Bama two long TDs because of secondary brain farts. Defense is just as much to blame.

See my post in the NC thread, but Clemson's defense gifted Bama two long TDs because of secondary brain farts. Defense is just as much to blame.
I saw those plays, but that kind of thing happens in football. Bama gave up some big plays, too.

I saw those plays, but that kind of thing happens in football. Bama gave up some big plays, too.
Bama gave up some plays because Clemson simply outplayed them on those specific ones. The difference is the 2 TDs that Clemson gave up were 100% avoidable. Not knowing your assignment on defense is unforgivable.

In a close game, any one or two big plays can be said to be the difference. That said, I do believe in the "momentum" theory of sports, and the special teams plays were what shifted the momentum in that game to Alabama.

In a different direction: it appears to me that in TSchekler's world, coaches are only responsible for scheme and recruiting, and if a player misses what was his assignment and responsibility within that coaches' scheme, it's always the players fault. It's not that the coach didn't spend enough time on it in practice. It's not that the coach may have designed a scheme that was beyond his players' grasp. It's definitely not because that coach isn't good at teaching players what their responsibilities are within that scheme. It's always the players' fault for failing to execute and missing their assignment on that play.

Back