What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 All-in-One Assistant Coaches Compendium Thread - hagan in, bernardi to te, adams ol -

I imagine we'll hear news about the S&C coach any day now

Yeah. Students start returning this week to handle all their registrar stuff, get moved in, and on Friday to enroll in classes. Classes begin a week from Monday.

One would think that it would be important to have the spring S&C program in place yesterday.

Clay Helton is underwhelming so far in putting his staff together at USC (just my opinion).

A lot more coaching changes coming in the assistant ranks. Musical chairs all around.

A lot more coaching changes coming in the assistant ranks.

I suppose I'll wait to see who Todd Graham's replacement hires are before I make a final judgment on this, but the departure of Chip Long and Chris Ball to Memphis to join Norvell seems like a diminished threat to recruiting competition.

I suppose I'll wait to see who Todd Graham's replacement hires are before I make a final judgment on this, but the departure of Chip Long and Chris Ball to Memphis to join Norvell seems like a diminished threat to recruiting competition.
Plus Norvell was a good recruiter. ASU will definitely take a hit with this staff change.

Clay Helton is underwhelming so far in putting his staff together at USC (just my opinion).

A lot more coaching changes coming in the assistant ranks. Musical chairs all around.

That's how I've felt about it. But maybe the problem a lot of times at places like USC is that they spend too much time and money chasing big name hires who make a splash in the LA Times and then those guys bring too much ego to have a functional coaching staff. Seems to me that they might be getting back to fundamentals (blocking & tackling, as they say) while figuring that USC pretty much markets and recruits itself when they're winning.

Heck, a group of Allbuffs all-stars could sign a Top 25 class to USC. So there's something to that strategy if they look like an in sync, well-coached team this coming season.

On a coaching staff, it seems to work out. Stoops/Pelini/Petrino brothers, Bowden/Paterno/Snyder and sons, etc.

Sometimes. Sometimes not. Kiffin son/papa, Briles/Lebby papa-in-law/son-in-law, Graham papa/son, Bernardi/LaRussa papa-in-law/son-in-law, etc.

Sometimes. Sometimes not. Kiffin son/papa, Briles/Lebby papa-in-law/son-in-law, Graham papa/son, Bernardi/LaRussa papa-in-law/son-in-law, etc.

Which, in the final analysis, simply means that it doesn't matter other than the fact that some people get their panties in a bunch over it.

What? Nepotism isn't the best move?
That really is not the basis of my observation. USC is a program that can go out and get top coaching talent. Plucking coaches from Western Kentucky did not impress me. But time will tell if it works out.

Pendergast back at USC as DC, as discussed earlier.

And a big deal for UCLA we'll likely know about tomorrow:

USC: Former Trojans special teams coordinator John Baxter, who spent this past season at Michigan, has been announced as the new special teams coordinator at USC.

Arizona State: Todd Graham has formally announced the hire of Kodi Burns as running backs coach.

Utah: Sharrieff Shah and Justin Ena will serve as co-special teams coordinators, the program has announced.

Back