What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

Mendenall will be given time at UVA, but it's just not working out. He is not a fit for ACC football. He'll be back out West in a year or two. He can't recruit Virginia, where he has no ties. Good coach, wrong location.

Mendenall will be given time at UVA, but it's just not working out. He is not a fit for ACC football. He'll be back out West in a year or two. He can't recruit Virginia, where he has no ties. Good coach, wrong location.

He'd actually be a great fit at Cal.

Yeah, that wasn't really my point. I just used us as an example. My point was that for some schools, they can't just hire the guy who is the best coach. They are forced to hire a guy who will draw attention to the program.
That always works out so well.

I have long suspected Dykes to bailer...and the pun opportunities will be glorious if it happens.

Didn't he bring all but one guy from his BYU staff?

Didn't he bring all but one guy from his BYU staff?

Pretty much. There's only one holdover who understands how to recruit VA and has the connections + Ruffin McNeil is a big asset. Mendenhall may well still
yet turn this into a 7 win program, but he didn't see himself sitting at 2-8 right now. This rebuild was bigger than he knew and recruiting is far more of a challenge trying to have BYU guys go into areas in which the culture couldn't be more different

Les Miles supposedly in the mix at Purdue and bailer.

Troy Calhoun and Greg Olson of the Jags other candidates at Purdue.

The hat must be the leader in the clubhouse. Footballscoop says he's pitching them on Sarkisian as his OC
I read somewhere he wants to bring Locksley as well.

Edit: Just read the snippet on footballscoop and it mentions the same thing. Miles will be able to recruit like Purdue has never seen if that is the beginning of his staff.

Last edited:
A 4-8 season looks very real for Texas Tech right now and the points allowed have been embarrassing. Think Sonny Dykes is looking closely at that situation?

A 4-8 season looks very real for Texas Tech right now and the points allowed have been embarrassing. Think Sonny Dykes is looking closely at that situation?
He will have his pick of jobs in the state of Texas. Probably 4 will be open.

Is Kingsbury really getting pushed over the Kliff?

Tech may have resigned themselves to never being able to match what Mike Leach did ever again, but the 12-23 conference record in 4 years is Hawkins-esque. I think he's on his third defensive coordinator in that time and the majority of that mediocre conference has been clowning him on the scoreboard. They've put too much money into the facilities there to be a perennial eighth place team.

Back