What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

Tech may have resigned themselves to never being able to match what Mike Leach did ever again, but the 12-23 conference record in 4 years is Hawkins-esque. I think he's on his third defensive coordinator in that time and the majority of that mediocre conference has been clowning him on the scoreboard. They've put too much money into the facilities there to be a perennial eighth place team.
Finding a coach who actually cares about defense would be a start for them.

LSU fans scared Herman could hire Aranda away. Herman - Applewhite - Aranda would be incredible my goodness.

It's 2016 and I'm still reading Gruden to Tennessee rumors.

If JMFL leaves for a HC job, Strong for D.C.?

I'd want Mac to make a push but Strong as a DC will be coveted. Since he took over the playcalling his defense got progressively better but the offense sputtered. I would bet Jimbo Fisher is going to make a push for Strong to be his DC next year either at Florida State or LSU and geographically the southeast is Charlie's bread and butter for recruiting so it would make more sense than Boulder. I can still dream.

I'd want Mac to make a push but Strong as a DC will be coveted. Since he took over the playcalling his defense got progressively better but the offense sputtered. I would bet Jimbo Fisher is going to make a push for Strong to be his DC next year either at Florida State or LSU and geographically the southeast is Charlie's bread and butter for recruiting so it would make more sense than Boulder. I can still dream.
Or we just keep JMFL....

jV1kMlw.png

I don't think those boosters are smart enough to understand what a great coach MM is. Charlie Strong is a good football coach, and UT people wanted to can him before he coached a game.

The issue with that tweet is not more so about the MM Texas/LSU stuff rather than Coach Chiv retweeting the other comment

A 4-8 season looks very real for Texas Tech right now and the points allowed have been embarrassing. Think Sonny Dykes is looking closely at that situation?
I am not sure Sonny Dykes does anything about limiting the other teams scoring....

it is a little odd....Fran Fraschilla, a Big XII hoops analyst for ESPN....implying that LSU and UT football fans lack savvy. i kind of enjoy it with parts of myself i'm less proud and it's an endorsement of MM which i like. i'd be shocked if MM is anywhere but Boulder next season.

Or we just keep JMFL....

And that would be wonderful. There are so many programs big and small where he would be a huge upgrade as a head coach and I really think it's something he wants to do again before he retires. The way this season has gone I would expect almost every assistant to be contacted.

And that would be wonderful. There are so many programs big and small where he would be a huge upgrade as a head coach and I really think it's something he wants to do again before he retires. The way this season has gone I would expect almost every assistant to be contacted.

Even Bernardi?

Cody would be one hell of a better hire than Dan, that's for sure. I can't believe this clown keeps getting jobs.

I don't think Strong will get a P5 job coming off what just happened. Looking around G5, I think Cincinnati would be a great spot for him to have big success pretty quickly so he can get another shot at the big tent.

Here's something official on Strong (he's fired but he's not officially fired):

I feel like HCMM is a foundational type of builder and needed his own guys in here to get it going. I'm not sure he's a quick fix guy to take over a loaded program like LSU or Texas. The right guy will win immediately at either place. But I don't think that's a coach Mac type of job.

As for JMFL, if he wants to be a HC again, he will be one in 2017. His stock won't get any higher. His reputation is fully rehabbed. He'd be my #1 guy for any job in the country, not matter how high profile. He's the type of personality that wins right away at an LSU. Just needs to get the right coordinators and staff and boom.

If Tom Herman grabs Aranda, look for Orlando (Houston DC) to land in a good spot as well. He's a young up and comer that myself and a couple others were mentioning before the dream DC fell in our laps.

And Thank God HCMM didn't vibe with Rick George's personal pick of David Gibbs. He'll be unemployed yet again next week as well.

Back