What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Why do you relentlessly make excuses for MacIntyre??????? This is year 5, and CU sucks, likely the 2nd worst team in the PAC 12. CU has one of the very worst defensive lines I have seen in almost 30 years as a season ticket holder. And defensive line recruiting is horrific.

The low expectations of many CU fans is one of the main things that kills both the football and basketball programs.
If you told me in 2012 that we would win the P12 South four years later, I’d call you crazy. Going from the absolute worst team in D-1 to a division champ in four years is nothing less than miraculous. Yet, here you are, acting as though none of that happened.

I’m not happy about this year, but that’s because my expectations have been elevated, not lowered. That said, im not so myopic that I am unable to see the obvious improvements in this program. It’s been said a lot, but under Embree, we were historically bad. Like, one of the ten worst D-1 programs of all time. Not just bad in 2012, bad in comparison to some of the all time worst programs in the history of college football. Four years later, we were playing in the Alamo Bowl. If you are unable to see the dramatic improvement in the program, you have an agenda. Saying that doesn’t let the staff off the hook, but it’s also a long way from “killing” the program, which is simply absurd.

You're wrong Nik. If he can't pull off a bowl with this OOC schedule, that's a huge problem.....especially with talent that is almost exclusively his recruits.
And I think we will go to a bowl this year. I suppose I understand where people are coming from if they've given up on the season (although I don't understand why they've given up on the season).

If you told me in 2012 that we would win the P12 South four years later, I’d call you crazy. Going from the absolute worst team in D-1 to a division champ in four years is nothing less than miraculous. Yet, here you are, acting as though none of that happened.

I’m not happy about this year, but that’s because my expectations have been elevated, not lowered. That said, im not so myopic that I am unable to see the obvious improvements in this program. It’s been said a lot, but under Embree, we were historically bad. Like, one of the ten worst D-1 programs of all time. Not just bad in 2012, bad in comparison to some of the all time worst programs in the history of college football. Four years later, we were playing in the Alamo Bowl. If you are unable to see the dramatic improvement in the program, you have an agenda. Saying that doesn’t let the staff off the hook, but it’s also a long way from “killing” the program, which is simply absurd.

Yeah, it definitely happened AFTER Leavitt and Chiaverini were rammed down MacIntyre’s throat by the AD, with assistance from Embree’s DL recruits, since Jeffcoat cannot recruit. In year 5, we will likely have 1 or 2 conference wins. That’s unacceptable in my mind, but obviously ok with you.

The CU job has never been better - this is the first coach with 200 mm in beautiful new facilities, and more lax admission standards for jucos than ever before. Also, CU can now offer long-term contracts to assistant coaches, which MacIntyre just wasted on Eliot. We just have the wrong guy IMO, so we are going nowhere with him here.

And I think we will go to a bowl this year. I suppose I understand where people are coming from if they've given up on the season (although I don't understand why they've given up on the season).
Watch a little of Pac 12 play and you will see that it is completely wide open. No reason to think CU has no chance at a bowl. They've looked really bad in certain areas, but they still have a great chance at a bowl, which is really most people's goal this season.

Last edited:
Watch a little of Pac 12 play and you will see that it is completely wide open. No reason to think CU has no chance at a bowl. They've looked really bad in certain areas, but they still have a great chance at a bowl, which is really most people's goal this season.

It is week to week in the Pac-12, bowl game is definitely in reach. That said, given how pretty much everyone agrees staff changes need to be made after the season, there is definitely some gray area between "MacIntyre is a victim of his own success" and "Fire MacIntyre."

I agree, but heaven forbid we don't.....MM belongs on the hot seat going into 2018.
Sure. And if CU runs the table he probably deserves another raise. Is it too much to ask that we just watch the games and root for our team?

Sure. And if CU runs the table he probably deserves another raise. Is it too much to ask that we just watch the games and root for our team?

I'm also going to be critical after halves like this one. Montez can't stop this hero stuff. This is his 12th career start, and he's been in this program for two and a half years. What kind of coaching is he getting? We're constantly showing our hand pre-snap defensively. We're getting worse as the year goes on. We go from hanging with UW and holding UCLA to their lowest point total of the year to not being able to stop anyone. It's not that we're going to likely be 4-4......it's how we got there. I have a hard time seeing two more wins right now.

I'm also going to be critical after halves like this one. Montez can't stop this hero stuff. This is his 12th career start, and he's been in this program for two and a half years. What kind of coaching is he getting? We're constantly showing our hand pre-snap defensively. We're getting worse as the year goes on. We go from hanging with UW and holding UCLA to their lowest point total of the year to not being able to stop anyone. It's not that we're going to likely be 4-4......it's how we got there. I have a hard time seeing two more wins right now.
No arguing with Montez having an awful 1st half. I also don't think Lindgren did him any favors. Should have tried to get him comfortable with some easy throws.

No arguing with Montez having an awful 1st half. I also don't think Lindgren did him any favors. Should have tried to get him comfortable with some easy throws.
he did... then quit until the last drive of the first half. Montez missed all the early throws. Remember the sprint out he threw into the ground? Lack of confidence in the OC in the QB and the QB in himself.

Still think MacIntyre is the answer? His team is increasingly pathetic and getting worse, likely going 4-8 with wins over powerful CSU, UNC, Texas St and Oregron State.

But, he ratched-up his failures last night and terribly embarrassed himself, the program and university last night on National TV, losing his **** and arguing with referees while losing focus on the game. Great example to set for his coaches and players - a total lack of leadership.

Still think MacIntyre is the answer? His team is increasingly pathetic and getting worse, likely going 4-8 with wins over powerful CSU, UNC, Texas St and Oregron State.

But, he ratched-up his failures last night and terribly embarrassed himself, the program and university last night on National TV, losing his **** and arguing with referees while losing focus on the game. Great example to set for his coaches and players - a total lack of leadership.
MM has earned a lot of rope, yes. You have an obvious agenda. You give him no credit for the positives in the program while assigning all blame for all failures to him. Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

MM has earned a lot of rope, yes. You have an obvious agenda. You give him no credit for the positives in the program while assigning all blame for all failures to him. Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

And I think you have an agenda, though I am not sure why and what it is. If you are still a defending a head coach who produces this horrific product in year 5, and embarrasses himself, the program and university on National TV, you are not remotely objective. Fortunately, RG is not like you, Buffnik, etc, who will endlessly make excuses for ****show. He has much higher aspirations for the football program than much of the CU fan base, thank god.

And he's no fan of MacIntyre - I am not sure what will happen, but this disaster won't be allowed to continue much longer.

Ok new non-CU nugget. Dennis Dodd threw out Sparkles bolting UF to take the Oregon State job. Got it off footballscoop.com......opine away gentlemen.
Does Dennis Dodd ever get anything right? I haven't read much of him in the past few years, mostly I think he just stirs the pot in ways that generate clicks, without actually having any info.

I think that MacIntyre is a victim of his own success with CU fans this season. If last year had been 7 or 8 wins the attitudes about being 4-3 would be a lot different right now. But folks seem to think that 1 season makes a norm and that this program should be able to reload at this stage.

MacIntyre set those expectations. He is the one that said that this season (2017) was when the team was going to turn the corner, but they peaked early least season. To me that means that he still expected this years team to be pretty good, so if he doesn't make a bowl game this year then he needs to face the firing squad.

And I think you have an agenda, though I am not sure why and what it is. If you are still a defending a head coach who produces this horrific product in year 5, and embarrasses himself, the program and university on National TV, you are not remotely objective. Fortunately, RG is not like you, Buffnik, etc, who will endlessly make excuses for ****show. He has much higher aspirations for the football program than much of the CU fan base, thank god.

And he's no fan of MacIntyre - I am not sure what will happen, but this disaster won't be allowed to continue much longer.
Fire a coach one year after winning the division and you’ll find yourself in the same spot as Nebraska, with a lot of porptential coaches saying “no thanks”.

Fire a coach one year after winning the division and you’ll find yourself in the same spot as Nebraska, with a lot of porptential coaches saying “no thanks”.

Would you agree that a coach who can't go 6-6 with an OOC that featured two gimmes and a G5 he's owned during his time here the year after winning the division belongs on the hot seat going into next year?

Last edited:
Would you agree that a coach who can't go 6-6 with an OOC that featured two gimmes and a G5 he's owned during his time here the year after winning the division belongs on the hot seat going into next year?
I think I’d have to see how next year turns out first.

Back