What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

I don't remember all the details, but I know much of the hate toward the AD was due to the fact that Bohn got to fire Barnett, hire Hawkins, fire Hawkins, hire Embree, fire Embree and hire MacIntyre. That's 6 different decisions he was afforded to make pertaining to the most important coaching job in the AD.

It's one thing to oppose a firing... It's another thing to lead a smear campaign against the university, the athletic department and the AD - with claims of racial bias, and some ugly performances at press conferences. It was ****ing shameful.

Plus - while Bohn deserved plenty of criticism - Embree was flat out among the worst coaches in the history of the world. He absolutely deserved to be fired for performance - and then they have the nerve to lead a self serving PR campaign against the school while trying to then get Mac named head coach.

THEN Klatt actually has the nerve to call these Tennessee fans overly emotional. Guy is a douche, Buff or not.

It's one thing to oppose a firing... It's another thing to lead a smear campaign against the university, the athletic department and the AD - with claims of racial bias, and some ugly performances at press conferences. It was ****ing shameful.

Plus - while Bohn deserved plenty of criticism - Embree was flat out among the worst coaches in the history of the world. He absolutely deserved to be fired for performance - and then they have the nerve to lead a self serving PR campaign against the school while trying to then get Mac named head coach.

THEN Klatt actually has the nerve to call these Tennessee fans overly emotional. Guy is a douche, Buff or not.
Bitching about bohn should be fired and using facts are very different than using false accusations to prevent a coach from being hired.

Bohn was not wrong in firing Embree for really bad results, but he should have lost his job as well. It was a very valid complaint.

And Dr. Phil is the one who should have been at the top of the firing list. He was the one who delayed the Hawkins firing, forced Bohn to go cheap resulting in Embree and Co. then allowed the firing of Embree to become a cluster (including putting Embree in front of a microphone and cameras right after being fired from his dream job, what did they expect him to do, kiss and hug the administration.)

And now a few years later we have Dr. Phil allowing RG and MM to take the brunt of the blame for the Tumpkins situation instead of standing up and supporting them.

Bohn was not wrong in firing Embree for really bad results, but he should have lost his job as well. It was a very valid complaint.

Bohn deserved to be fired, but you will not convince me that the way Klatt and Mac went about it was ethical, acceptable or honorable. They fanned the racism claims, and they purposely harmed the reputation of the university. I still don't understand why they get a pass (OK maybe I understand why Mac gets a pass, but not Klatt).

Bitching about bohn should be fired and using facts are very different than using false accusations to prevent a coach from being hired.

False accusations you say? So Greg Schiano isn't hated by virtually everyone who has ever worked with him and he doesn't have this testimony against him on the record? And I suppose it was fine to claim racial bias when Embree got fired, because that was factual? Give me a break.

Bohn deserved to be fired, but you will not convince me that the way Klatt and Mac went about it was ethical, acceptable or honorable. They fanned the racism claims, and they purposely harmed the reputation of the university. I still don't understand why they get a pass (OK maybe I understand why Mac gets a pass, but not Klatt).

False accusations you say? So Greg Schiano isn't hated by virtually everyone who has ever worked with him and he doesn't have this testimony against him on the record? And I suppose it was fine to claim racial bias when Embree got fired, because that was factual? Give me a break.
You need to do a little research on the Schiano and Penn State situation. If fans just complained about his coaching style or record that is one thing but they used something that wasn’t true to prevent him from getting a job he already agreed to.

You need to do a little research on the Schiano and Penn State situation. If fans just complained about his coaching style or record that is one thing but they used something that wasn’t true to prevent him from getting a job he already agreed to.

I frankly don't give a **** about Schiano, Penn St. or the Vols. I just think that Klatt is a hypocrite for criticizing this fan base for voicing their opinion when he used his platform to rail against CU and perpetuate false claims over the firing of Jon Embree, the world's worst coach.

I frankly don't give a **** about Schiano, Penn St. or the Vols. I just think that Klatt is a hypocrite for criticizing this fan base for voicing their opinion when he used his platform to rail against CU over the firing of Jon Embree, the world's worst coach.
Klatt was a local radio host calling for one of the worst athletic directors in the country to be fired because he shouldn’t be able to hire the next coach. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and people don’t just sit back and pump sunshine into fans asses when things aren’t going well. Sorry he did his job. He didn’t say **** about racism or really if embree should be the coach, just that the decision maker needed to go.

Done Stallworth saying a Lane HC, Martin OC, Steele DC package was rejected.

It really might be Martin or Steele for Vol HC.

In other news, Peter Burns and Klatt are calling out the wannabe Vol AD from Fox now.

I always wondered why the AD held a press conference and had the HC there to announce the HC firing.
That may have been the dumbest idea in the history of dumb ideas.

Even the UT clown who is currently working really hard to get the award for stupid ADs named after him was actually smart enough to not do that.

That may have been the dumbest idea in the history of dumb ideas.

Even the UT clown who is currently working really hard to get the award for stupid ADs named after him was actually smart enough to not do that.
I really like Bohn as a person, but he deserved every bit of backlash for doing that. You’ll never see an AD do that again, anywhere.

So if Tennessee goes for Doeren they get a guy who’s 15-25 in the ACC and they didn’t want a guy who won at Rutgers?

Reports that Doeren is picking between the Vols and an improved offer from NCSU eith a decision expected tomorrow.

Also sounds like Fisher to A&M is a done deal and could be announced sooner than Saturday. FSU lost two commits today and they want an answer one way or the other.

This lane kiffen stuff is hilarious but just another example of why you don’t want him to be your coach.
Sure he's immature but college football is supposed to be fun. He's hilarious and I'm sure his players love it. He's the antithesis of every other college football coach out there, and I mean that in a good way. Simultaneously trolling a repressive dictator and a former employer while their down on their luck and doing so for the world to see? Phenomenal. And at the end of the day he's 44-24 in his collegiate head coaching career including 9-3 this year despite taking over a bad program. And there is a reason why the best coach in college football wanted him to be his OC.

My boss has been playing hardball for a raise so I applied for the Tennessee job yesterday and used the offer to double my salary. I recommend giving it a shot, guys.

P.S. I'm glad that JWP303 felt it was necessary to attempt to dampen the mood of the otherwise most entertaining thread of the year.

Sure he's immature but college football is supposed to be fun. He's hilarious and I'm sure his players love it. He's the antithesis of every other college football coach out there, and I mean that in a good way. Simultaneously trolling a repressive dictator and a former employer while their down on their luck and doing so for the world to see? Phenomenal. And at the end of the day he's 44-24 in his collegiate head coaching career including 9-3 this year despite taking over a bad program. And there is a reason why the best coach in college football wanted him to be his OC.
Yeah, hard pass. Outside of one 10 win season at USC he really struggled at two big time programs. He wants too much of the spotlight and loves the attention he is getting right now, eventually it will hurt him.

Klatt was a local radio host calling for one of the worst athletic directors in the country to be fired because he shouldn’t be able to hire the next coach. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and people don’t just sit back and pump sunshine into fans asses when things aren’t going well. Sorry he did his job. He didn’t say **** about racism or really if embree should be the coach, just that the decision maker needed to go.

Disagree. I couldn't stand Mike Bohn, and I get the frustration with him. However, Klatt and former Buffs were all on board with Embree. Bohn was the spineless idiot that let them sway him to hire Embree. Klatt and other former Buffs took it personally that Embree got fired, and it showed all too clearly at the press conference. Doing your job does not mean acting like a spoiled, petulant brat at a professional press conference, interrupting the speaker and yelling. He's always come off as pompous and arrogant to me, and that press conference really confirmed it. You can respect someone as a player for having suffered blood, sweat and tears for the football program, but as a person, especially after graduation, is a different matter. Klatt was not just doing his job... ....completely unprofessional at the press conference. I can accept anything he may have said on his radio show, but the raw, immature emotion he displayed at that press conference was....awkward and immature.

Man. I have never seen a fan base work so hard to destroy their program. Garbage AD and insane fans equals Tennessee being a smoking crater now.
tumblr_oiasuaubpn1ue779no2_400.gif

Back