What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2018 Fall Camp Thread

We desperately need Kaiser to be serviceable. I pull for the kid because from everything I have read he is a hard worker and solid young man, but last year he was a liability.
Josh is a friend and has had a tons of up and downs through his time at CU. The least recruited offensive lineman by far (which isn't even saying much) and had to earn respect from his teammates through hard work. Didn't pay off in playing time until 3 and a half years. Happy for him and hope he has a solid year with or without Moretti. There will be injuries and we will need both of them.

This is an impressive pick for a safety to be able to jump that.

Not thrilled with Montez for staring down KD from the snap, but perhaps the offense was attempting to run a specific play or a specific route.

Nick did make a great jump on the ball though.

Not thrilled with Montez for staring down KD from the snap, but perhaps the offense was attempting to run a specific play or a specific route.

Nick did make a great jump on the ball though.
you didn't even see the snap? From the way that video started, he could have been scrambling from the pocket and the route was readjusted by KD. The play also could have been a rollout and his first option (probably a quick out) might not have been open so he went to KD second. Very rarely is a long drag across the field a first option on a rollout pass, it's usually the 3rd. Not saying he for sure wasn't staring him down from the start, but there are many different ways this could have played out and there is absolutely no way to tell if he stared him down from the snap on that video.

With Nate, JVD, Akil and Chase all playing good football there is absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be a rotation to keep guys fresh at ILB this season.

Was wondering if the light would go on for Jones, finally. Seeing he's up 15 lbs made me hopeful that he has started taking this seriously, and it appears he has.

you didn't even see the snap? From the way that video started, he could have been scrambling from the pocket and the route was readjusted by KD. The play also could have been a rollout and his first option (probably a quick out) might not have been open so he went to KD second. Very rarely is a long drag across the field a first option on a rollout pass, it's usually the 3rd. Not saying he for sure wasn't staring him down from the start, but there are many different ways this could have played out and there is absolutely no way to tell if he stared him down from the snap on that video.
Breathe man.

What if it was the 4th time in a row the play was run?

With Nate, JVD, Akil and Chase all playing good football there is absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be a rotation to keep guys fresh at ILB this season.

Ummm, from our LB coach
"You make transitions (in coaching) and we're kind of used to that a little bit," he said. "Being able to understand the scheme better, personally I feel a lot more comfortable. I had not been in a true, 30-front scheme before (last season), so it was new for me.
"I felt bad at times last year because I didn't know the exact adjustment quick enough and now we're fine."
Yeah, no wonder we got absolutely gashed at times last year and looked like we had zero answers.

Holy cow.

Last edited:
Ummm, from our LB coach

Yeah, no wonder we got absolutely gashed at times last year and looked like we had zero answers.

Holy cow.

Having 3 new Defensive (out of 4) coaches last year, including your #1 and #2 in Leavitt and Tumpkin, not to mention Clark who had been with HCMM since Duke days was a big disruption. Plus you throw on the distractions of a legal defense....

Back