What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2018 Fall Camp Thread

Having a few true freshman in the two deep shows a sign of healthy recruiting. Having majority of your players play as true freshman typically means you are re-building and probably going to have a bad year. Its not that hard to understand

Special teams might be the most overlooked aspect of football. I got spoiled year in and year out during the "Glory Days" because I knew that part was tight. We've had some very good ones over the years, whether that big the kicking or return game. It's a nice weapon to have.

Antwine was easily the most heavily sought after front seven recruit currently on our roster, save for maybe Lang. Not Sure why it’s so hard to understand that he might be better than many of the older guys as a true freshman?

And yet they are contrasts.
Lang has high ceiling but was nowhere near ready to play (USC thus offered the Gray shirt option).
Antwine not only has the high ceiling, but was instant help due to his physical readiness.

Antwine flipped to come here because of Early PT, but also due to some well documented other issues that Katie helps with. In the end, she's a big reason he's here and something we can credit MM for as he brought her from SJSU.

Our Academic Support system is crazy good.

Good stuff on JVD. Howell also reports that Chev will call plays from the booth with Roper on the sideline.

You can talk about the freshmen playing at Alabama being top 100, top 50 type recruits, we aren't getting those.

You have to realize though that the guys who are sitting, who would be playing if the freshmen weren't are also at least top 250 type recruits. They recruit the best players they can then try to recruit over them.

The recruits we are getting aren't top 50 or 100 type but they aren't being ask to replace top 250 recruit upper classmen.

To get better you recruit players who are better than what you have then you play them as soon as they are better than the players ahead of them. Not a hard concept.

Nobody is saying that if a freshman plays at CU that he is automatically an all-PAC type of player. It is simply saying that we have some guys playing who aren't as good as some guys we should be recruiting.

In general for us because our talent level both upper classmen and recruits is not at that level I prefer that we RS the majority of our classes. Most are not going to be good enough to go pro early so developing them can give us a better year at the end than the beginning.

The exception to that though is when playing the freshman makes us a better football team right now. What a guy is going to do in five years doesn't matter much when you are a team that won 5 games including one against a mediocre FCS team.

Looks like Blackmon has the edge on JMac to be our punt returner.
"Ronnie did really well at the end of the year last year and he has been catching really well (this year) so (we'll) probably use Ronnie at first, "MacIntyre said. "It is a situation where you could see them both back there in a game, and we're looking at a couple freshmen that catch them really well. Sometimes they get dinged up, things happen, so we're going to need two or three guys to be able to do it."

Antwine flipped to come here because of Early PT, but also due to some well documented other issues that Katie helps with. In the end, she's a big reason he's here and something we can credit MM for as he brought her from SJSU.

Our Academic Support system is crazy good.
Someone, I think Chev, retweeted her on Twitter. I went and looked at her Twitter. The players love her, and you can tell she genuinely cares about these kids and she's great at what she does. As far as I'm concerned, she should be making more than some of the assistant coaches we've had. You don't think about it, but some support positions like hers and Drew Wilson's are just as, if not more, important to a team's success than some assistant coaches.

Not Cu related but there’s a series airing on ESPN about Bama’s “Training Camp”. That place is just a ****ing machine. Absolute football factory that is basically an NFL team with the way they’re run.

Those who have gone in the past, is this scrimmage worth going to? Mostly, is it a legit full speed /contact scrimmage or a lot of walk through stuff and kind of boring? I'm just a little gun-shy to make the drive up with MM's history of dumbing down open practices.

Contact scrimmage with QBs not getting hit. Legit otherwise.
OgiZ.gif

ill-be-there-man-the-big-lebowski-jeff-bridges-gif-5017277

Those who have gone in the past, is this scrimmage worth going to? Mostly, is it a legit full speed /contact scrimmage or a lot of walk through stuff and kind of boring? I'm just a little gun-shy to make the drive up with MM's history of dumbing down open practices.

It's worth it. Arrive a little late, because they do boring drills for awhile prior to the live scrimmage. The fun part is you get to go on the field afterwards and hear the position coaches give their assessments to the player groups.

Definitely worth it from my point of view. It’s a little like pre season nfl but the younger ones are much more fun to watch because they are basically high schoolers.

First live football for me in like 9 months. Yeah its worth it

Back