What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could a P5 AD ever justify that hire? One season on six when he didn’t finish in last place in his conference at his only other P5 HC gig. His final two seasons at CU heavily discount his one good season. He’s had two winning seasons in nine as a HC overall. Any P5 AD trying to sell that to their alum and fans would be crucified.

Whether you want to admit it or not, he left this thing better off than it was when he got here. His opportunities for HC gigs this offseason are probably the two MWC gigs that are open right now and CSU if they dump Bobo if he doesn't stay in Oxford.

Maybe. But money talks.

Not in that case. LSU's been working on a deal with Brady for the last month that would pay him $1.5m/year or thereabouts. For comparison's sake, Tim Beck was making a little over half that. I'd be stunned if he leaves for Texas-especially given Herman also fired his DC today. Guessing on the Texas OC gig-I think Chad Morris gets it. If Helton stays at USC, Harrell probably isn't leaving there for Texas. He'd be going from working for one guy who is on the hot seat to another who might be going into 2021 with another clunker of a year.

Last edited:
Who would argue otherwise? And how is that applicable to a P5 AD putting their career on the line by hiring him now?

Did you read the rest of my post, brosef? I said his best chances to get an HC gig are the two MWC openings and CSU if what we're hearing about Bobo is true. No P5 school with an opening is going to touch him. He's probably staying at Ole Miss anyway-they dumped Luke so they wouldn't lose RR.

Update on Joe Brady-something tells me the only way he leaves LSU is a good Power 5 HC job.'

It will be interesting to see where Levitt lands. Don’t be surprised to him on the list at CSU

Lets wait to see what actually happens there. Joe Parker possibly leaving may make it hard for them to send Mike Bobo packing.

Last edited:
True, but if he thought he had a lot of people to answer to at CU, he will find that number is doubled at USC.

Agreed. I just think we should remember he was made to keep Hawk for a 5th season.

If Bobo goes I wonder if CSU would look at John Wristren out of CSU-Pueblo. Has been successful at a lower level but has P5 experience (NorthWestern and CU). Was a good recruiter. Probably a reach but I would not mind seeing him get a shot.

Lets wait to see what actually happens there. Joe Parker possibly leaving may make it hard for them to send Mike Bobo packing.

Very true, but seeing approx 12,000 budding agronomists along with their scrapbooking girlfriends show up for the Boise State game had to be disappointing. I don't think Bobo is a terrible coach/recruiter but when CSU is mediocre the interest on the part of its potential fans just goes into the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back