What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said Luke found out he had been fired during a home visit with a current Ole Miss recruit.
200.gif

Said Luke found out he had been fired during a home visit with a current Ole Miss recruit.
I hope it was Eric Reed Jr.

Also, on an unrelated note it's tough to say which is funnier what's going on at USC (off to a classic Mike Bohn start) or CSU (complete radio silence).

One of the most pathetic things I have seen awhile. The CSU strength and conditioning coach:

I hope it was Eric Reed Jr.

Also, on an unrelated note it's tough to say which is funnier what's going on at USC (off to a classic Mike Bohn start) or CSU (complete radio silence).

It was not Reed.

Honestly, it sounded like Luke handled it really professionally.

It was not Reed.

Honestly, it sounded like Luke handled it really professionally.

Luke seems like a solid guy-but the dog piss stunt by their WR at the end of the Egg Bowl would piss me off and make me wonder about the discipline on a team if I'm their AD.

Cyber Monday Carousel Update:

dwyermj kicks off the spin of the carousel with the first carousel casualty, Chris Ash.

New stuff noted with an UPDATE tag. I thought the dust had settled by Sunday afternoon, boy was I wrong.

Open Jobs:

Rutgers- Chris Ash out (h/t dwyermj), Nunzio Campanile is interim. NJ HS coaches ass'n. Prez rip Rutgers a new one saying they are a disorganized clown show, or words of similar import. UPDATE: Schiano back in play (/t Jens) Probably for the best. Schiano has no where to go, and he is the only coach with chops who will take the Rutgers job.

Florida State- Willie Taggert out after less than two years. (h/t vinniew_11). FSU has spent roughly $30M (h/t sinkratz) on coaches over the last two years.Odell Haggins, longtime FSU AC is interim. Norvell a possibility (h/t Duff), Deion Sanders (h/t Sewall Beach), probably the silliest rumor out there right now. FSU insiders rumoring Bob Stoops has made a deal as of this afternoon (11/14/19) After a lot of chatter about Bob Stoops, nothing, he's allegedly out. Names being thrown around are Mark Stoops, you know, the other one, PJ Fleck, Norvell, current interim Haggins, and Matt Campbell, in no particular order. Apparently, PJ Fleck's massive buyout kicks in in December...hmmmm. Here is where it gets weird. Taggart did not sign his contract. He was coaching under a letter of agreement. FSU may be able to avoid a big chunk of his buyout. Somebody is getting sued. Noles 247 reporting James Franklin is target numero uno, and Matt Campbell #2. UPDATE: FSU boards says Franklin, Campbell and ND's Kelly, with a hire to be made Tuesday. Stay tuned. Based on the news from Arky below, I think it will be Campbell.

Arkansas- Chad Morris is out. Could not win even one SEC game. (h/t Duff). Names: Norvell, CarolinaBuff says Leach, could happen.:unsure: This one will be interesting as Norvell seems to be the #1 target of both FSU and Arky. Animosity between Malzahn and Arky is probably too high for Gus to return. (h/t hawg1). Norvell was the preferred candidate, but rumors are his agent has his sights set on a bigger landing strip than Arky. Lane Kiffen and Arky have talked, Bill Clark, Dave Clark and Butch Jones are other names. Norvell still their top target. Justin Fuente, Lane Kiffin and Mike Leach, in no particular order. UPDATE: Arky offered ISU's Campbell and he said no. It is going to be Lane Kiffin, second hand, but I have heard it is very, very likely to Kiffin.

UNLV- Sanchez does not survive. (h/t Jens). No winning seasons in five. Of note, Ced Cormier is WR coach on UNLV's staff, I hope he lands on his feet. UNLV could be a decent gig, now that they share the Raiders under construction stadium in Sin City. I was in LV last month, that stadium is pretty sweet. UPDATE: Food Cart and RichRod (h/t ahoelsken), (h/t BuffBronco) who adds a list of Rob Likens, Danny Gonzales, DII Danny Hawkins, Graham Harrell, MikMac, Jeff Choate, Rob Stitt and Troy Taylor. In other words, could be anybody.

University of Almost Mexico- Bob Davie out. (h/t Black Dynamite)

USF- Charlie Strong is out. How the mighty have fallen. Taggart wants the gig (h/t DeNiro)

Mizzou- Barry Odom out. (h/t Duff)

UTSA- Frank Wilson out. (h/t DeNiro)

Ole Miss- Matt Luke is out (h/t jeric) The University had told the AD buying out Matt Luke was too much and that he needs to stay through 2020. Apparently, hotter heads have prevailed. MikMac serves as interim while search is conducted. My money in on RichRod. Leach, Norvell, and RichRod are early names (h/t DeNiro).

Boston College- Steve Addizzio out. (h/t DeNiro)

Old Dominion- Bobby Wilder resigns (h/t DeNiro) Normally, ODU would not make the cut for the update, but damn, DeNiro putting in the work. You have to respect that.

Possibles:

Harbaugh- Hard to say. Jimbo had a rough start, but it may come down to tOSU. 9-3 probably good enough this year.

Derek Mason- below .400 at Vandy in year six. Rumors swirl, the Vandy AD is unhappy, despite a nice upset of Mizzou. Jeff Fisher, Dave Aranda, Willie Fritz, Ken Numaatoilolonamaalolliteamnaaomommlo, and last but not least, MikMac himself, getting some mention. UPDATE: Derek Mason is safe per the AD. (h/t jeric).

Clay Helton- Swann out, Mike Bohn in as AD. Bret McMurphy reporting Urban Meyer is target numero uno. Pete Thamel says look at James Franklin, and if not him, then: Bob Stoops, Kyle Whittingham, Matt Rhule, PJ Fleck and a cast of thousands. This one will be big. I wonder how Bohn will screw it up. And of course, Lane Kiffin has expressed interest...in the HC job, not some random coed, although you never know. Supposedly, Bohn wants Urban, Pres. Folt does not. Reports other AD's said no when they were told they could not hire Urban. My guess as to the SC hire is not novel, it is Jack Del Rio. Let me be the first, I think, to nickname him, Jack The River. Bohn officially in. With the season concluded at 8-4, the Clay Helton death march continues...Bohn and his plaid SC colored sport jacket gave Clay a big hug before the fUCLA game...maybe he survives. Articles in the mainstream reporting Bohn leaning towards keeping Helton. The path of least resistance is an irresistable shiny object for Mikey. UPDATE: Reports he is out (h/t Serenity), other reports he isn't, classic Bohn cluster.

Mike Bobo- CSU may not be able to afford to let him go yet. When you look at his overall record, it isn't that bad by CSU standards. But the losses to the flagship, AFA, Boise and Wyoming weigh heavily. Wins at UNM, UNLV and Fresno could save Bobo, but losing spectacularly at home AFA and loss number 12 under Bobo to CSU's rivals, this time in the form of Wyoming, puts CSU out of a bowl and winless against its four rivals. 4-8, probably out, with Alford a possible replacement (h/t RollTad21). UPDATE: AD Joe Parker could be headed out (h/t ), maybe to Cincy. Chaos ensues in the goat pen.

Will Muschamp- Received the dreaded vote of confidence from his AD. Columbia is in shambles. Football staffers now resort to alcohol and fistfights with Muschamp impersonators. DBT wants to do an intervention. Muschamp probably safe, but staff changes coming.

Michigan State- Mark D'Antonio looks worn out, so does his team. Pounding by rival Michigan and recent lackluster results could bring a retirement for 63 year old D'Antonio. UPDATE: D'Antonio says he is coming back. (h/t Duffman).

fUCLA- Could Kelly be on thin ice? Maybe. (h/t Duff) $9MM to buy Kelly out, he owes $9MM if he leaves. Sounds like a deal could be made for both parties to save face.

Tejas- Could Herman be on the carousel? (h/t Duff) UPDATE: Massive AC changes foisted on Herman. DC Orlando out, shopping ofr new OC including SC's Harrell and Joe Brady from LSU. (h/t DeNiro) Tim Beck out as OC (h/t Jens). The big cigars have spoken.

Mississippi St.- Joe Moorhead may need the Egg Bowl to keep his job, or he may just go to Rutgers. (h/t Duff) UPDATE: Moorhead and AD say he's staying (h/t DeNiro)

UTEP- I mean who cares, but (h/t DeNiro) points out Dimel has not had success, so UT-Juarez may be coach shopping.

Tulsa- Philip Montgomery may be cut. (h/t DeNiro)

Okie Lite- The yearly, will he or won't he leave drama of Gundy's Mullet begins anew (h/t DeNiro).

Other News:

Show me the Money- Cali leads the way to player pay, starting 2023. Hapless NCAA and Conferences clutch pearls.

Sheriron Jones- The well-traveled QB gets caught in a solo routine. CU dodged a bullet. (h/t sewallbeach)

Arizona- Gets defensive about its DC and fires him, and one defensive AC. (h/t Jens). Chuck Cecil now DC (h/t ahoelsken). Fired their DL coach, Sumlin dropping defensive AC's on a near weekly basis. (h/t DeNiro). UPDATE: Sumlin back for year three (h/t Jens)

ASU- Herm guns down his OC and pretty much the whole O staff. (h/t DeNiro) Hue Jackson as OC? (h/t MKBuffs)

Wazzu- Tracy Claeys "resigns". (h/t Tractor)

USC- hires Mike Bohn as AD (h/t ZKobalt), 11 other P12 programs chuckling uncontrollably.

Minnesota- PJ Fleck extended for 7 years, kNU in mourning.

Indiana- Tom Allen negotiating a raise, and presumably, an extension. kNU mourns more.

kNU- Frost extended by two years, then promptly loses, again, to Wiscy. (h/t blackdynamite), I think he had it first. kNU extends no bowl streak with loss to Iowa.

BYU- Kilani 'the Mushroom" Sitaki extended.

Willie Taggart- As noted in the FSU update, not so slick Willie never signed a formal agreement with FSU and the buyout provisions are up in the air. Willie needs to lawyer up and go after his agent and former attorney. This one cost him a bundle.

No. Colorado- Earnest Hollings gets the axe. (h/t ahoelsken)

UNLV-UN-R: Game erupts into a full blown brawl.

Norhtwestern- McCall the OC/QB canned. (h/t DeNiro)

Texas St.- Bob Stitt out (h/t DeNiro)

Last edited:
If Bobo goes I wonder if CSU would look at John Wristren out of CSU-Pueblo. Has been successful at a lower level but has P5 experience (NorthWestern and CU). Was a good recruiter. Probably a reach but I would not mind seeing him get a shot.
Wristen is an excellent coach who I think would do as well as anyone could in Ft. Collins. I wonder if he is ever going to get a shot at a D1 school though.

By all reports he is a very respected guy who has run a quality program. Unfortunately in 2000 he had an incident that resulted in him being arrested for domestic violence and a child abuse charge. I have no idea what the legal outcome was and he has had no similar incidents since but that kind of thing stays with a person who is going to be the public face of a university and one of if not it's highest paid employee.

Not real, but you never know.

Probably fake news. I’d be sad to lose Leach in the conference, but I have to admit that WSU hits above their weight and is a tough out with him there. I’d like to see them revert to their historical norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back