What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
just amazes me how these coaches move around getting fired drawing huge checks or having 1 good season drawing a huge check for a promotion.

There was facilities spending limitations as well, which could eliminate all this bull**** spending that is going on
I have mixed feelings on that. Those funds come from AD and boosters typically, while the Head Coach and assistant coaches are public money right? Or is it all AD?

I have mixed feelings on that. Those funds come from AD and boosters typically, while the Head Coach and assistant coaches are public money right? Or is it all AD?
It’s all AD money really, weather that is from boosters or revenue or whatever. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t be able to spend money on facilities just that there is so much excess **** that goes on now just because they have so much money based on paying student athletes a lower amount that they deserve.

So what? Coaches are not the bad guys here, the “amateur model” bull**** of the NCAA is the problem. Pay the players or eliminate scholarship football altogether.
Exactly. There's so much money coming in and the budget has to be spent where it can give a competitive advantage. As long as players aren't getting a piece of the pie, we'll see bigger and bigger salaries for coaches. If the NCAA wanted to actually serve the mission of amateur athletics and do something positive to funnel money to amateur participation -- the easy solution would actually be to raise the minimum number of varsity sports a university has to offer if it wants to participate in D1 football. Force schools to spend its football windfall money on more scholarship opportunities. Strange that we never see that be suggested.

As an aside on investing in coach salaries, I don't think anyone is going to conclude, after looking at Venables at $2M and Aranda at $2.5M, that it was money poorly spent. P5 programs, if they want to be competitive, have to be able to pay a coordinator more than G5 head coaches make if they want to keep top coaches.

Really hoping that new law trying to limit coaching salaries gains some traction, it’s outrageous.
That might be the most un-American law I’ve ever heard. That money will just be funneled somewhere else. If it got funneled to players, then I could be ok with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back