What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. After two years, both bowl years too. Where does Miss St see itself in the SEC West?
This years bowl was a little misleading thought don't you think. They beat Louisiana-Lafayette, Southern Miss, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Abilene Christian and then the ending to the egg bowl. Yes they have a tough schedule being in the SEC West but that program didn't appear to be headed in the right direction.

Seems like they will have trouble finding someone though while LSU, Bama and Auburn are doing what they do and A&M recruiting so well.

This years bowl was a little misleading thought don't you think. They beat Louisiana-Lafayette, Southern Miss, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Abilene Christian and then the ending to the egg bowl. Yes they have a tough schedule being in the SEC West but that program didn't appear to be headed in the right direction.

Seems like they will have trouble finding someone though while LSU, Bama and Auburn are doing what they do and A&M recruiting so well.
They had an extreme feast or famine schedule during a rebuilding year.

They had an extreme feast or famine schedule during a rebuilding year.
Yes but as Duff said, he didn't exactly set the world on fire in year one either. 8 wins including 2 G5 and 1 FCS. When you are an offensive guy and your defense is that good you would think the team would be better.

Joe Moorhead fired

That was an odd hire from the get-go to me, and I can't say I'm shocked he's gone after two years. He had no experience in that part of the country before he went down there, and he's taking over the one of the three toughest jobs in the SEC IMO. If I'm them, I'm raiding the Florida staff for my new HC. Billy Gonzales, John Hevesy, or Todd Grantham (all of whom worked for Mullen there and followed him to Florida) would be my guess.

Yes but as Duff said, he didn't exactly set the world on fire in year one either. 8 wins including 2 G5 and 1 FCS. When you are an offensive guy and your defense is that good you would think the team would be better.

They averaged four (!!!) points in four SEC losses in 2018.

Joe Moorhead may have some baggage now based on the disciplinary stuff at Miss State, but damn is he one hell of an OC if someone has an opening. I think he'd be a great fit for Jeff Hafley's new Boston College regime.

Joe Moorhead may have some baggage now based on the disciplinary stuff at Miss State, but damn is he one hell of an OC if someone has an opening. I think he'd be a great fit for Jeff Hafley's new Boston College regime.
Rutgers maybe?

Would be great for them. His whole life before MSU was in PA/OH/NY/CT. With all the success he's had prior to MSU, if I was a program in that region looking for an OC he'd be right at the top of my list.
Yeah Feldman said they are looking at the okie state OC but nothing official and FB scoop said it was because the buyout might Ben too high.

Has CSU hired any staff beside the head coach? Just did a search to find out who they are putting in as OC and DC and only pulled up stuff from the past staff?

I don't think that gets Cal to the next level, they'll still have a nasty defense and pedestrian offense. I know they want to run the ball and not have any turnovers, but yikes they could do better.
I disagree. The general consensus amongst us west coast hippies it that he’s raised the floor and hopefully the ceiling of our offense. Not sure if he has any recruiting chops but he’s got some decent talent on the roster to work with next season.

Has a program ever gone back to the guy it just fired and said: “just kidding!!!”

Has a program ever gone back to the guy it just fired and said: “just kidding!!!”

Heh.

The off-field stuff on him is kinda crazy, I am just confused why they waited. How did the Egg Bowl win over a team who got a dog piss celebration penalty save him for a month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back