What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Fall Camp Thread

Like this

Again, where is my Boner button, I am not thumbs up, I am not smiling or laughing or sad or shocked, I am.......
Dog Meme GIF by DogeBONK

Haven't been on here for months. Dorrell and admin officially killed my passion (didn't think anything could for Buff football, yet here we are). Saw the PMT guys visited campus which made me reluctantly come by. Anything notable giving hope this season? Or still totally hopeless? If there is hope, please lie to me so I can continue not caring anymore and resume my new found masochist free life.

Haven't been on here for months. Dorrell and admin officially killed my passion (didn't think anything could for Buff football, yet here we are). Saw the PMT guys visited campus which made me reluctantly come by. Anything notable giving hope this season? Or still totally hopeless? If there is hope, please lie to me so I can continue not caring anymore and resume my new found masochist free life.
We are recruiting well enough to win the conference, if the conference is the Mountain West.

We have some interesting young talent that could develop into P5 quality starters, then transfer to some other P5 school and start.

We aren't Nebraska.

Other than that I got nothin'.

Dorrell has a vision. the team is building chemistry, GPA's are good and power clean numbers are unreal.

In other words, if you are enjoying staying away, you are probably good to keep doing so.

Someone will PM you if circumstances warrant.

Dorrell has guaranteed a bowl game, and he has close to an 85% success rate in that endeavor.

If you're hoping for 4 wins, there's some hope. Beyond that, character is being built, sportsmanship taught, life friendships forged, memories of the Flatirons being made. So much more than mere winning. The main thing is the fellows are (mostly) staying out of trouble. A minimal number of students have been beaten and there have been no reports of mass impregnations of undergraduate or high school females. It's all good. Check back in early November.

Last edited:
247 team recruiting ranks on the Composite:

2019: CU #44; best MWC (BSU) #54
2020: CU #36; best MWC (BSU) #64
2021: CU #64; best MWC (SDSU) #62
2022: CU #47; best MWC (BSU) #62
2023 (so far): CU #42; best MWC (CSU) #64

It is not true. CU would be, by far, the deepest and most talented team in the MWC.
with the worst coach

247 team recruiting ranks on the Composite:

2019: CU #44; best MWC (BSU) #54
2020: CU #36; best MWC (BSU) #64
2021: CU #64; best MWC (SDSU) #62
2022: CU #47; best MWC (BSU) #62
2023 (so far): CU #42; best MWC (CSU) #64

It is not true. CU would be, by far, the deepest and most talented team in the MWC.
Outside of 2016. When was the last time we even played up to our recruiting rankings? 2002? Maybe? That's an absolutely remarkable stat.

Outside of 2016. When was the last time we even played up to our recruiting rankings? 2002? Maybe? That's an absolutely remarkable stat.
I'm trying to think about what that even means. When was the last time we were the 44th, 36th, 64th, 47th, and 42nd best team in the country in this context? That 5 year average ranking is 46.6

2019, CU finished 5-7 which was good enough for around 45th nationally among P5 programs (keeping G5 records out of it). I assume in a given year a 5-7 record puts you in that 40-50 range, with the 4-8 dropping into the 50-55 range. Even if you use conference record instead of overall record, CU's 2019 conference record was 3-6, which is good for about 40th in the country among P5 programs.

I think CU's performance on the field is pretty much right in line with its recruiting rankings.

I'm trying to think about what that even means. When was the last time we were the 44th, 36th, 64th, 47th, and 42nd best team in the country in this context? That 5 year average ranking is 46.6

2019, CU finished 5-7 which was good enough for around 45th nationally among P5 programs (keeping G5 records out of it). I assume in a given year a 5-7 record puts you in that 40-50 range, with the 4-8 dropping into the 50-55 range. Even if you use conference record instead of overall record, CU's 2019 conference record was 3-6, which is good for about 40th in the country among P5 programs.

I think CU's performance on the field is pretty much right in line with its recruiting rankings.
I was thinking more along the lines of advanced stats. Which take out things like close wins and blow out losses, fluke wins, etc.

I was thinking more along the lines of advanced stats. Which take out things like close wins and blow out losses, fluke wins, etc.
I guess over a 5 year period, excluding 2020, when the program's record was 10-4, 5-7, 5-7, 5-7, and 4-8 across 3 different coaching staffs, they kind of were who their record says they were, which over that period, was a team with an average record of 5.8 - 6.6, probably good enough for ~40th in the country, which would be in line with their recruiting rankings.

Back