What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Fall Camp Thread

I totally agree. But your offense also has to be able to adjust to the different skills/strengths of QB2. It’s frustrating AF when you put in a backup QB with a different skill set but continue to run the same type of offense that was used with QB1.

I do also believe we highly limited BLew’s mobility due to an absolute lack of of a back up. I can see them giving him a little (lot) more leash this year…whenever he plays.
Two observations here-One, I think the mobility conversation relates back to the plays he was making in the Alamo Bowl. I think you've gotta keep in mind that the vast majority of the reps he got were well after Texas had that game won. They played the same type of defense you see from NFL teams early in the preseason every year. Did that open up the door for Lewis to make some plays with his legs? Yes, but I think you have to discount that somewhat because those were garbage time reps to a huge extent. Two, Shrout and Lewis aren't as different as you think-Lewis is a better runner, but Shrout's a far better decision maker......at least basing that off Shrout's Tennessee film (dated a Tennessee alum in 19-20) and what we saw from Lewis LY.

That guy still has a job at CU? Shoulda been fired a long time ago.
Plati is deeply embedded with the Boulder CC Mafia who have always run this program as their little fiefdom!
(So is DeStefano. So was the worst ticket manager ever, J. Burianek. Coulda has access to Solich's $$$; Boulder CC Mafia didn't accept him!)

Two observations here-One, I think the mobility conversation relates back to the plays he was making in the Alamo Bowl. I think you've gotta keep in mind that the vast majority of the reps he got were well after Texas had that game won. They played the same type of defense you see from NFL teams early in the preseason every year. Did that open up the door for Lewis to make some plays with his legs? Yes, but I think you have to discount that somewhat because those were garbage time reps to a huge extent. Two, Shrout and Lewis aren't as different as you think-Lewis is a better runner, but Shrout's a far better decision maker......at least basing that off Shrout's Tennessee film (dated a Tennessee alum in 19-20) and what we saw from Lewis LY.
What did Shrout look like at Tenn?

rupauls drag race television GIF

Read the room.

Book on him at Tennessee was that he had the most arm talent & moxie among their QBs. The fans wanted to roll with him. The coaches didn't like his risk taking and decision making.
Thanks. I thought coaches were saying he beats himself up after mistakes. Don’t moxie guys not do that?

Book on him at Tennessee was that he had the most arm talent & moxie among their QBs. The fans wanted to roll with him. The coaches didn't like his risk taking and decision making.

Perhaps the reason why B-Lew would win the QB job.

I swore there used to be a thread for podcasts but I searched and couldn't find it so I thought I'd post here.

We introduced our new Buffs guy, Jake Schwanitz, on the podcast last night and I think it was a good show!

I think Jake will be a great addition to the beat because he really understands football through the Xs and Os and is extremely excited to be covering the Buffs which is refreshing to see :LOL:

Check it out!

Youtube:

Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/...-us-podcast-bsn-cu-buffs-podcast/id1070251776

Spotify:

Jake also dove into the film of JT and B-Lew for his first written piece: https://thednvr.com/buffs-film-room-what-the-tape-says-about-j-t-shrout-and-brendon-lewis/

FINALLY, I'm going to be hosting a Buffs pod once a week (probably Wednesday nights) where I'm planning to bring in guests from all around the Buffs world whether that be media people, players or like the Freeballin guys, so that should be fun.

Anyways, sorry for the plug, hope to see some of you guys around Folsom this year!

Woo boy, I never thought calling Alex Fontenot a mediocre RB, and that the coaches tried to upgrade from him with Jefferson, would cause as much drama as it has over on 247.

Maximus has all but guaranteed that is he stays healthy, he will rush for 1k, even though his best year as a Buff was 3 years ago when he rushed for 874 yards at 4.7 ypc and has been through hip surgery since then.

Woo boy, I never thought calling Alex Fontenot a mediocre RB, and that the coaches tried to upgrade from him with Jefferson, would cause as much drama as it has over on 247.

Maximus has all but guaranteed that is he stays healthy, he will rush for 1k, even though his best year as a Buff was 3 years ago when he rushed for 874 yards at 4.7 ypc and has been through hip surgery since then.
Even 1K yards rushing is attainable by mediocre college backs, but I don't imagine Fontenot will be used enough to gain 1k yards.

Really hoping D. Smith finally shines. He's got that second gear that Fontenot is missing. Also would love to see the Freshman carry the ball a handful of times a game.

He had better. Because I don't think there's 500 yards to be found from the rest of our ball carriers.

I think Smith can be solid. I don’t mean to say Fontenot isn’t a decent back, but he’s just nothing better than average.
He's not a power back but I think Smith can make a cut and break a tackle, don't see that combination with Fontenot and with what we will have up front we are going to need a back who can make something out of less than stellar blocking.

He's not a power back but I think Smith can make a cut and break a tackle, don't see that combination with Fontenot and with what we will have up front we are going to need a back who can make something out of less than stellar blocking.
I like Fontenot but sometimes he cuts and jukes even when defenders not around.

Back