What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Fall Camp Thread

Travon McMillian ran for 1000 yards, don't think Fontenot is far off of that from a talent standpoint
Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that 1k was some monumental achievement. I just find it funny that it's simply a no brainer for a guy who has never actually done it and hasn't really been all that effective as a runner since 2019

I swore there used to be a thread for podcasts but I searched and couldn't find it so I thought I'd post here.

We introduced our new Buffs guy, Jake Schwanitz, on the podcast last night and I think it was a good show!

I think Jake will be a great addition to the beat because he really understands football through the Xs and Os and is extremely excited to be covering the Buffs which is refreshing to see :LOL:

Check it out!

Youtube:

Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/...-us-podcast-bsn-cu-buffs-podcast/id1070251776

Spotify:

Jake also dove into the film of JT and B-Lew for his first written piece: https://thednvr.com/buffs-film-room-what-the-tape-says-about-j-t-shrout-and-brendon-lewis/

FINALLY, I'm going to be hosting a Buffs pod once a week (probably Wednesday nights) where I'm planning to bring in guests from all around the Buffs world whether that be media people, players or like the Freeballin guys, so that should be fun.

Anyways, sorry for the plug, hope to see some of you guys around Folsom this year!

And now the home of the official ForeverBuffs Denver watch party! All away games (excluding the Air Force game - get on the bus if you have not)!

He's not a power back but I think Smith can make a cut and break a tackle, don't see that combination with Fontenot and with what we will have up front we are going to need a back who can make something out of less than stellar blocking.
Smith’s got acceleration like I haven’t seen from a CU back in like, forever. And yes I’m including Broussard, Lindsey, and Stewart.

Any one of our RBs can get 1000 yards if our OL is decent. Really, OL will be key to everything. Even BLew might surprise us how good he can look with a little confidence that his head won't be ripped off each play.

I presume our OL will be a lot better than last year, due to the coaching change. But last year was below bad. I've never seen an OL that bad.

I think if everyone were to stay healthy up front and our LT makes a huge stride forward in one year, we could be decent. 2 big ifs. I have no way of knowing if Wiley can play that position. I'd assumed all along that Brown would take it? I haven't seen anything on this and refuse to read the in-house CUBUFFS fluff material. Spend that money on recruiting Rick.

The chances of both of those being true for more than a handful of games is not real high. I think the OL is probably 6 deep. Maybe 7 if Tank has come along? No i

Injury at safety (or targeting eviction) is also a glaring risk. It's likely we will see some guys get reps who haven't had many there for sure.

laugh at the fusker vomit count, but way back when i watched a newly hired Coach Mac work the o-linemen in the weight room so hard that they were puking everywhere. one of the many things Mac was screaming at them was whether they really ever wanted to be tough enough to beat the fuskers. i knew right then we were definitely going to see a much much more physical team than the Fairbanks teams.

Giving your players Rhabdomyolysis from overwork is about as helpful as putting them all on chemo. What an idiot, I hope they don’t fire him
raiola was one of the dirtiest cheap shot o-linemen in the history of college football so it is no surprise he is now a fusker coach. fired? ****, these hicks will be screaming to make him head coach when frosty gets off to his usual awful start in conference.

Giving your players Rhabdomyolysis from overwork is about as helpful as putting them all on chemo. What an idiot, I hope they don’t fire him
This approach is so ridiculously old school, pre-year long, organized, controlled strength and conditioning programs run by professionals who understand fitness on a much different level.

It’s also seems really a inefficient way to spend the limited time you have “on field” with your whole team. Sure there’s “football shape,” but as someone who trains for ultra marathons, I believe there’s a huge difference between what we call “heat training” and getting enough work in to be able to even start to handle heat training. There are fitness plateaus. The puking sort of thing happens when you mix levels of training that you aren’t prepared for yet: i.e., the first days you try running stairs at the stadium always end up in puking. But after a couple weeks or month or two, you get faster and stronger without puking. You aren’t surprising your body, just pushing it.
I’m very comfortable with Turley (?) getting us in great shape, even great football shape, the modern way. Limited puking. Certainly not bragging about how many pukes we get a day.

This approach is so ridiculously old school, pre-year long, organized, controlled strength and conditioning programs run by professionals who understand fitness on a much different level.

It’s also seems really a inefficient way to spend the limited time you have “on field” with your whole team. Sure there’s “football shape,” but as someone who trains for ultra marathons, I believe there’s a huge difference between what we call “heat training” and getting enough work in to be able to even start to handle heat training. There are fitness plateaus. The puking sort of thing happens when you mix levels of training that you aren’t prepared for yet: i.e., the first days you try running stairs at the stadium always end up in puking. But after a couple weeks or month or two, you get faster and stronger without puking. You aren’t surprising your body, just pushing it.
I’m very comfortable with Turley (?) getting us in great shape, even great football shape, the modern way. Limited puking. Certainly not bragging about how many pukes we get a day.
Yeah exactly…. there’s not a single qualified professional that would point to puke rate as anything but majorly concerning beyond the very start of a new regiment.

Classic Corn though. Scott frost 4 more years!

Yeah exactly…. there’s not a single qualified professional that would point to puke rate as anything but majorly concerning beyond the very start of a new regiment.

Classic Corn though. Scott frost 4 more years!
F the Nubs! Everyday all day.

They have, however, brought in talented transfers and significant upgrades at assistant coaching positions.

The Buffs - welp... We do have an incoming transfer doing underwear ads, so there's that

raiola was one of the dirtiest cheap shot o-linemen in the history of college football so it is no surprise he is now a fusker coach. fired? ****, these hicks will be screaming to make him head coach when frosty gets off to his usual awful start in conference.
Tren, HGH and D-bol have enter the chat in Lincoln...

Back