What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Fall Camp Thread

Who knows. Feels like there won't be an official announcement, at least not until closer to the 2nd. Apparently, Lewis didn't scrimmage or at least the media didn't comment on how he looked on Saturday, and due to the rules put in place, the media hasn't been able to really comment on it. Of course, there's plenty of speculation, with the 4 most common scenarios being thrown around...

1. "He wont the QB1 job and was given the day off along with some of the other entrenched starting veterans"
2. "He lost the QB1 job and isn't handling it well/possibly exploring entering the portal"
3. "The QB1 job isn't necessarily decided, but Lewis has some specific packages being installed and he was exclusively running those, and schematic details are prohibited from being shared publicly"
4. "Lewis has a minor injury he's recovering from"

No matter what, I just can't see KD making an official announcement with how closed off and guarded practices and scrimmages have been

No mention of Lewis in the cubuffs.com article for the second scrimmage. I know Lewis was the QB last season leading that bad offense but he still got to earn the job. Shrout & McCown are QBs mentioned in that article and I don't have a 247 account so what do I know? I'm already bracing myself for Lewis entering the transfer portal since Lewis was not recruited by the current staff.

If you are unable to win the starting job at the worst team in the PAC 12, what other teams would you be looking to transfer to?

He'd have to go to a G5 team or FCS in that case. Fair or unfair, that offense performance last year is going to go with him anywhere he goes.

UB -****ing- L!!!!
Unimpressed So What GIF

Man, give it a rest. If he were winning the camera shove would have been forgotten the next day.
Dont agree...coaches have been fired for far less...but irrelavant..we suck. We are an 11 point dog to a team picked 8th in the Big 12..at home....
RG had a chance to purge KD ... instead he was the idiot who apologized on behalf of KD after the game...
Dumpster fire...

Last edited:
Dont agree...coaches have been fired for far less...but irrelavant..we suck. We are an 11 point dog to a team picked 8th in the Big 12...
RG had a chance to purge KD ... instead he was the idiot who apologized on behalf of KD after the game...
Dumpster fire...
When has a coach been fired for far less? Again you’re using it as an excuse to fire him not a reason on its own.

When has a coach been fired for far less? Again you’re using it as an excuse to fire him not a reason on its own.
A coach in Illinois was fired for putting an All Lives Matter poster on his door...a coach in Georgia for a tweet comparing Stacey Abrams to Fat Albert..and coach Jimmy Lake for apparently pushing a player...
Go try knocking the camera out of the hand of a media member covering your company...then disappear for 24 hours while your boss apologizes on your behalf..
It made national news..embarrassing the University. Was played many times on ESPN. Damaging enough that RG immediately apologized. But the arrogant KD ....waited 24 hours.

If he worked for me and embarrassed my company like that... he'd be gone.

Dont agree...coaches have been fired for far less...but irrelavant..we suck. We are an 11 point dog to a team picked 8th in the Big 12..at home....
Dumpster fire...
Don’t pick on RG. He’s the sole reason we were ahead of this NIL thing.

A coach in Illinois was fired for putting an All Lives Matter poster on his door...a coach in Georgia for a tweet comparing Stacey Abrams to Fat Albert..and coach Jimmy Lake for apparently pushing a player...
Go try knocking the camera out of the hand of a media member covering your company...then disappear for 24 hours while your boss apologizes on your behalf..
It made national news..embarrassing the University. Was played many times on ESPN. Damaging enough that RG immediately apologized. But the arrogant KD ....waited 24 hours.

If he worked for me and embarrassed my company like that... he'd be gone.
Let’s not leave out the details. First guy you mentioned was an assistant at Illinois State who took down a BLM poster and replaced it with an ALM poster. And by the way he sued based on his first amendment rights - is that the bar you want to set? Second guy, another assistant at UT Chattanooga, mocked a woman on Twitter calling her “Fat Albert”, “Big Girl”, and “enjoy the buffet”. Lake was suspended for hitting his own player in the head on the sideline and during the subsequent investigation, other allegation of physical misconduct were uncovered and he was fired.

All 3 of those were arguably more serious than what Dorrell did which was less of a shove and more grabbing the dude’s lense and pushing it out of the way - he didn’t actually touch the photographer. It was bad but still don’t believe any P5 head coach (where winning is more important than pretty much anything) has been fired for less.

Let’s not leave out the details. First guy you mentioned was an assistant at Illinois State who took down a BLM poster and replaced it with an ALM poster. And by the way he sued based on his first amendment rights - is that the bar you want to set? Second guy, another assistant at UT Chattanooga, mocked a woman on Twitter calling her “Fat Albert”, “Big Girl”, and “enjoy the buffet”. Lake was suspended for hitting his own player in the head on the sideline and during the subsequent investigation, other allegation of physical misconduct were uncovered and he was fired.

All 3 of those were arguably more serious than what Dorrell did which was less of a shove and more grabbing the dude’s lense and pushing it out of the way - he didn’t actually touch the photographer. It was bad but still don’t believe any P5 head coach (where winning is more important than pretty much anything) has been fired for less.
Lol..eye of the beholder..the poster and Stacy firings were ridiculous imho...but you are entitled to your opinion...I communicated my protest by dropping CU season tickets...

knocking the camera out of someones hand could be considered assault... the photographer could have filed charges...I know I wouldnt let that go without consequence...

Carpe diem....

Man, give it a rest. If he were winning the camera shove would have been forgotten the next day.

But he isn’t winning and won’t win this year or next. Your hypothetical isn’t relevant. We are judged based on what we do in the real world, not some fantasy world.

Lol..eye of the beholder..the poster and Stacy firings were ridiculous imho...but you are entitled to your opinion...I communicated my protest by dropping CU season tickets...

knocking the camera out of someones hand could be considered assault... the photographer could have filed charges...I know I wouldnt let that go without consequence...

Carpe diem....
So you think those firings were ridiculous but they are your basis for arguing Dorrell should be fired for something of similar severity? Hot take.

Veni, Vidi, Vici

But he isn’t winning and won’t win this year or next. Your hypothetical isn’t relevant. We are judged based on what we do in the real world, not some fantasy world.
That’s my point, if you want to fire him for poor performance, do it and own that decision, don’t hide behind that cameraman incident as some justification for a firing a guy you really want to fire for other reasons.

Dorrell was hired with almost zero initial support from the fan base, so people look for any justification to get out of his bad contract.

Jimmy Lake was not fired for smacking around a few players. He was fired for sucking as a head coach, but the shoving allowed the school to terminate what became a bad contract (edit: I should add that UW ultimately did not terminate for cause).

Rick George was not looking to exit with Dorrell. He will get four years, maybe five.

Last edited:
This thread has me excited for CU football again...glutton for punishment.

Back