What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Fall Camp Thread

Good listen(not premium)

This is a nice bit of Kool-Aid. A lot of his assumptions rely on Sanford's scheme not only being drastically better than Chiv's but actually good in general. I can understand the rest of his conclusions if that huge assumption turns out to be true.

Hopefully he's right and we can enjoy some competitive football this year.

This is a nice bit of Kool-Aid. A lot of his assumptions rely on Sanford's scheme not only being drastically better than Chiv's but actually good in general. I can understand the rest of his conclusions if that huge assumption turns out to be true.

That's where you lost me. I think we just upgraded to significantly below average.

I like Adam, but whoever he has as his "analyst" is not very convincing. Lots of "well, Player X will probably be better this year" but not much rationale to support it.

The finger will be squarely pointed at Sanford if the offense is still mostly awful, but you shouldn't look any further than the head coach who has been an offensive coach his entire career.

Sanford usually has good first seasons. If the offense gets off to a poor start, the spotlight is on HCKD.

The finger will be squarely pointed at Sanford if the offense is still mostly awful, but you shouldn't look any further than the head coach who has been an offensive coach his entire career.
That and this roster is now almost entirely KDs, He hired his coaches, he recruited his players, he failed to keep some of the players who left.

If the offense, if the entire team, is bad there may be multiple reasons for that but all of them come back to the man in charge.

So some anonymous schmuck posts some unsubstantiated rumor about a supposed disagreement between Dorrell and Sanford over the starting QB should be and this board goes ballistic. Hilarious!

So some anonymous schmuck posts some unsubstantiated rumor about a supposed disagreement between Dorrell and Sanford over the starting QB should be and this board goes ballistic. Hilarious!
Anonymous poster talking about the dumpster fire dysfunction at CU has been very accurate over the last 10 years. I have also heard the rumor that it is going to be Lewis starting again (because KD likes him) vs Shrout who the players think is a better QB.

Anonymous poster talking about the dumpster fire dysfunction at CU has been very accurate over the last 10 years. I have also heard the rumor that it is going to be Lewis starting again (because KD likes him) vs Shrout who the players think is a better QB.
Fair enough. If the HC is overruling the OC over who should run the OC’s offense, then that would be unfortunate.

Boo birds will be out quick for b-lew

Personally, and not based on play because I haven't seen enough of Shrout to have an opinion I hope that Lewis has taken a big step forward this year and is ready to be our starting QB. Don't have a lot of hope though because he came in very raw and I haven't seen anything from our coaching staff that says they are developers of QBs (or any other position for that matter.) Throw a guy out there who is just learning behind a questionable OL and in an offense that doesn't protect him and after a few hits all the learning goes out the window.

There is also a lot of truth to the old saying about teams that have two QBs really don't have a QB. Neither is going to be able to play with comfort and confidence because they will always be waiting to get pulled for the other guy and neither stepped forward enough to make it clear that they are the answer.

For the record, I hope it is BLew. The little bit of film I have seen on Shrout shows he is a good to very good prostyle guy. But a QB who cannot pull it down and make the D pay with his legs is likely to get smacked early and often behind this OL.

I'm ready for more football.

talk let GIF

Personally, and not based on play because I haven't seen enough of Shrout to have an opinion I hope that Lewis has taken a big step forward this year and is ready to be our starting QB. Don't have a lot of hope though because he came in very raw and I haven't seen anything from our coaching staff that says they are developers of QBs (or any other position for that matter.) Throw a guy out there who is just learning behind a questionable OL and in an offense that doesn't protect him and after a few hits all the learning goes out the window.

There is also a lot of truth to the old saying about teams that have two QBs really don't have a QB. Neither is going to be able to play with comfort and confidence because they will always be waiting to get pulled for the other guy and neither stepped forward enough to make it clear that they are the answer.
Lewis simply couldn't read defenses, make any type of decision (good or bad), and when he did make a decision, was at least 1-2 seconds late. That is not something you can change in one offseason.

His legs are a plus, but I didn't see anything last year that tells me he is a game changer in that category (noting that they probably didn't want him running much last year).

Either CU has two very, very average to below average QB's, or Lewis has completely turned it around and is going to be a top half QB. We will see Friday

I thought Gardiner actually made some decent general comments in the first portion of that podcast. Once they got into the players, he tends to throw out “future All PAC 12” and “future NFL player” very liberally. Yes, the guy is a fan and is there to help Adam in the back and forth format.

In the end, he doesn’t get paid, so I prefer to reserve my ire for the arseholes at CU who collect a paycheck and have delivered nothing for two decades. Our Regents suck, our chancellor sucks, our presidents have mostly sucked, and our ADs and coaches have sucked.

Everyone at CU hits the Chardonnay and charcuterie boards by 3 as far as I can tell.

I thought Gardiner actually made some decent general comments in the first portion of that podcast. Once they got into the players, he tends to throw out “future All PAC 12” and “future NFL player” very liberally. Yes, the guy is a fan and is there to help Adam in the back and forth format.

In the end, he doesn’t get paid, so I prefer to reserve my ire for the arseholes at CU who collect a paycheck and have delivered nothing for two decades. Our Regents suck, our chancellor sucks, our presidents have mostly sucked, and our ADs and coaches have sucked.

Everyone at CU hits the Chardonnay and charcuterie boards by 3 as far as I can tell.
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry during all the conversation about our WRs, DLs and OLs hardly being coached at all last year. With OL being so bad the players in that group were seeking out McChesney during games to ask for guidance.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry during all the conversation about our WRs, DLs and OLs hardly being coached at all last year. With OL being so bad the players in that group were seeking out McChesney during games to ask for guidance.
Yeah, those were some of the things he said early on. Coordinators not focused on position groups, coach gumbo being useless. I think he made good points about Wiley being thrown to the wolves with zero coaching. At the same time, toss out all the player projections and record predictions ‘cause he’s way too much of a homer.

Back