What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Season Prediction Thread

How many wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you may be onto something. I think we're going to beat TCU. They weren't very good on the road last year, and Dykes bringing the air raid from one end of the metroplex to the other means this is a transition year. Air Force isn't happening. We were probably more talented than they were in 2019, and its probably the same scenario this year. They win for two reasons-One, they run an offense that nobody outside of Navy and Army use. Two, they're more disciplined than everybody they play. They should have probably beaten us by 14-17 points at a minimum here in '19. We could not stop them at all. Felt like they were getting 5-7 per rush attempt. I don't think we get embarrassed, but I do think we get beat.

Conference play you're right on too-I think we probably should beat both the Arizona schools. They're paying for the COVID recruiting **** now. Herm's probably out after this year. Arizona's a year away I think. Cal? If we can the 5.5 ppg improvement you mention.....that's a winnable game too. Same with UCLA and Oregon State. Washington's not likely, and I don't see any chance at beating Oregon/USC/Utah.

Most likely scenario is a record that is close to the 4-8 last year, but one that they'll sell as progress because of better offense.
bored christopher walken GIF
Also, we beat AFA

The Kool-Aid pitcher is empty, a lot of folks have been drinking it this week.
The only information that has been released is from the media members who are to afraid to report reality. Go back and look at every article over the past two weeks that seem to have suddenly given folks hope. Each article says this group is building "depth". Maybe a mention that a player or two should be better (which is true for 95% of all players across the country with more knowledge and experience). No mention of game changers, elite talent or anything above mediocre talent. This team may very well be worse than the 2012 squad. That is more realistic than Dorrell actually moving the needle in an upward trend. I would bet $ that Dorrell walks out if a newsconference or punches someone before he wins 5 games. I would make the same bet with 4 wins. I would much rather have the HC for the Lambs then Dorrell. Too much sugar in that Kool-Aid pitcher...
I'm very confident that this team is not 2012 bad.

I honestly look at the schedule and can only point to Arizona as a high confidence W

TCU I can see a case. Air Force is a MWC school, a case can be made there. Minnesota just bent us over last year. The rest of the P12 slate just seems better than we are.

UCLA seemed to turn a corner a bit under Chipper last year, running QBs scare me forever

Cal is at home so that's nice, but I just think Wilcox is a much better coach than KD. I am a bit of a Wilcox fan, though

Oregon St was oddly decent last year and it's on the road. I don't hate our chances there, though.

ASU is a mess and at home, that could be a W

Oregon and USC will steamroll us

Who knows with Washington, their new HC is a bit of an unknown for me. Do they still have a pretty awful QB situation?

Utah is probably pretty good again, unlikely W there

So I'll go with 3 wins over Arizona, ASU, and TCU. Only low-medium confidence in the ASU and TCU games

39 people have so far guessed 4+ wins. I wonder how many of those 39 would place a four figure+ wager on Buffs OV 3.5 season wins (getting serious plus money).

Line should be O/U 2 people? 3 people?
Counting serious answers only, more people think we win 2 games or fewer (52), than 3 or 4 games (49).

You may play your best golf when there are no expectations but shooting 115 when you normally shoot 130 means you still suck at golf.

Paint it how you want to this is still a team that lacks P5 talent at multiple positions. It could play much better than last year and still lose to most of the teams on our schedule, get blown out by a number of them.
I need beverages to stay relaxed and “not care”. But by the 11th hole I’m tired and want to go home.

This narrative has been one of the more comical ones on AllBuffs this offseason.
I get the frustration with what we witnessed last year on offense. That was unlike anything I've seen from an offensive team at CU. That was inexcusable.

I also get looking at the roster and what they lost versus what they brought in, probably doesn't match up talent wise. You lost, at least, one mega star in Gonzalez and a potential star in Rice.

They brought in some decent transfers, but it didn't address all of the needs (notating that some of this is out of KD's control).

However, KD can coach circles around Embree. KD's staff is probably the best I've seen in a very long time. The talent on that 2012 team, coupled with some of the worst coaching you'll find, was a ticking time bomb. I mean, that 2012 team was rolling out walk-on WR's playing corner back and slow walk-ons playing at WR.

The 2022 team won't set anything on fire, but it's not remotely close to that 2012 team bad.

How many wins? 5 (I really think they win 4, but this is what CU does)

Conference record? 3-6

Offensive leaders: passing yards, receiving yards, rushing yards? Shrout, Arias, Fontenot

Defensive leaders: tackles, interceptions, sacks? Chandler-Semedo, Reed, Thomas

Avg points scored? 25

Avg points allowed? 27

I think there have been some clear upgrades at certain positions on the coaching staff, but I am skeptical that the coordinators even rise to the level of competent.
Agreed. I should have prefaced that as assistant coaches. Coordinators are wait and see, but not trending good

How many wins?

Conference record?

Offensive leaders: passing yards, receiving yards, rushing yards?

Defensive leaders: tackles, interceptions, sacks?

Avg points scored?

Avg points allowed?
Wins: 3
Conf: 2-7
Shrout
Fontenot
Russell
Semedo
Moore
Lang

DC Wilson becomes public enemy #1 and we fire him during or after season. Dorrell gets one more year

I think there have been some clear upgrades at certain positions on the coaching staff, but I am skeptical that the coordinators even rise to the level of competent.
And we have a head coach who couldn't even get a coordinators job before he came to CU. He is the one who the coordinators are supposed to answer to.

Wish I could find reasons to be optimistic but every time I do reasons for concern pop up.

I think I would call Sanford competent. He has coordinated multiple years for decent teams but his record as a coordinator certainly doesn't say special or difference maker, Minnesota fans weren't sad to see him go.

Wilson as well has some experience as a coordinator but most of it a decade ago. Why does a guy who has been around as long as he has not have a coordinator job before coming to CU. Again probably competent but not a guy who is going to lift or elevate a group above it's (marginal at best) talent level.

Coaches maybe but that was his decision on guys like Rodrigue. Players, this thing was not a rebuild from a players standpoint. Not at all. In fact what he has done with player mgmt has been abysmal and which led to this whole we are young narrative that never seems to end with him

Sept. 2 – TCU (Friday) W
Sept. 10 – at Air Force W
Sept. 17 – at Minnesota W
Sept. 24 – UCLA W
Oct. 1 – at Arizona W
Oct. 8 – Bye
Oct. 15 – California W
Oct. 22 – at Oregon State W
Oct. 29 – Arizona State W
Nov. 5 – Oregon W
Nov. 11 – at Southern California (Friday) W
Nov. 19 – at Washington W
Nov. 26 – Utah W

**** it. We run the table and then piss on the PAC 12 out the door on the way to the Big 10.

Back