What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don’t know how you (or Prime) took “Since you’re set with Shedeur at QB1” as disrespectful. Is that statement not a fact? How does that imply that Shedeur didn’t earn it? It wasn’t a question about a QB competition between Shedeur and anyone else. It was a question about the backup job.

And nobody is asking about Travis because he’s a CB and WR and there are 2-3 of each on the field at any given time. Not to mention QB is the position and naturally gets the questions anyways.
It was a completely inoffensive (and 100% accurate) comment that for some reason triggered coach and I agree, I don’t get at all why that would cause such offense.

Since you’re set with Tom Brady at QB1, how do you feel with the competition behind him?

Idk what the problem is here. People being p***** tbh. Same with the ones calling Brian a racist and that one lady called him a Klan member. Wtf are we doing people? Grow up
That's completely unfair and ignorant. People should be much more thoughtful and careful about throwing such a damaging and hurtful accusation at someone.

Brian is someone who develops legitimate relationships and feelings towards the players and coaches he covers. Intellectually, he understands and accepts that major athletics is a bottom line business where good people lose their jobs in abrupt and sometimes cutthroat ways. He gets that it's the way it is and people get hurt in ways that are often outside their control. He accepts this. But emotionally he doesn't like it and is deeply bothered by seeing it happen to people he has come to care about.

He could have probably phrased some things better. But what I think he clearly meant was that he accepts & respects that Coach Prime and others are fulfilling their job responsibilities when they do everything within their ability and the rules to deliver a successful program. However, he disagrees with some rules because they don't do a good job of protecting the welfare of players who get caught in the wash.

That's completely unfair and ignorant. People should be much more thoughtful and careful about throwing such a damaging and hurtful accusation at someone.

Brian is someone who develops legitimate relationships and feelings towards the players and coaches he covers. Intellectually, he understands and accepts that major athletics is a bottom line business where good people lose their jobs in abrupt and sometimes cutthroat ways. He gets that it's the way it is and people get hurt in ways that are often outside their control. He accepts this. But emotionally he doesn't like it and is deeply bothered by seeing it happen to people he has come to care about.

He could have probably phrased some things better. But what I think he clearly meant was that he accepts & respects that Coach Prime and others are fulfilling their job responsibilities when they do everything within their ability and the rules to deliver a successful program. However, he disagrees with some rules because they don't do a good job of protecting the welfare of players who get caught in the wash.
Agreed. And according to RK on the video yesterday, he said that Brian cleared the air with Prime after the press conference and told him that he didn’t mean any disrespect to Prime in what he said. Just that he disagreed with the current NCAA rules. And he’s probably correct about that.

Maybe. I don’t know what that has to do with his question from yesterday

Serious answer: It likely didn’t. Have you ever had anyone that you are unhappy with trigger you over some seemingly small, nonissue? It looked to me that is what happened here. Rooney’s job is to write edgy, sports related op-ed pieces. His job is to piss people off. It looked to me like Coach Prime was upset with Rooney before the question was asked.

I can separate my thoughts on a journalists body of work and a specific question. I guess you can’t

I’ll bet you a dozen donuts to a dollar that Rooney wasn’t upset in the slightest about Coach Primes reaction. When a person has a job like Rooney, Kizla or all the mouth breathers on ESPN they thrive on the emotional disruption they cause or otherwise they wouldn’t last very long at what they are paid to do.

Serious answer: It likely didn’t. Have you ever had anyone that you are unhappy with trigger you over some seemingly small, nonissue? It looked to me that is what happened here. Rooney’s job is to write edgy, sports related op-ed pieces. His job is to piss people off. It looked to me like Coach Prime was upset with Rooney before the question was asked.
Has Rooney been edgy or critical of Prime over the last 9 months? If so, I can understand this take. If not, I don’t see how this is relevant

So glad football is actually going to be here in a few weeks.

Absolute nonsense going on right now.

south park GIF

Why are we even arguing about this? Lots of great coaches have someone they don't like in media and get triggered by random questions all the time. Who cares? If we win, no one gives **** about whether he is nice or mean to the media

I didn't get the vibe from CP that was negative or condescending. It was more a comment on all the hot takes to his tweet. Most of them ****ty hot takes.

The essence of what Brian said is true. Fact the NCAA allows new coaches to cut players. Fact, those players can maintain scholarships, but have to give up the sport.

So why shouldn't the NCAA allow free transfer after a coaching change. I could see a potential lawsuit here if one would press it and based on recent SCOTUS attitudes towards the NCAA I think the rule would fail under an unfair restraint of trade. It is a one way no-compete clause which says the school can get rid of you but you can't leave without being punished.

Anytime there is a coaching change, players should be free to go where they want. They shouldn't have to wait until the new coach evaluates them, if there are offers, they should be allowed to take them.

The whole 1-time free transfer is bull**** anyway. It has been proven numerous times that the exemptions are arbitrary and tend to get approved for high profile players to big time programs. It is just another archaic holdover to a time when the NCAA controlled every aspect of the player.

What we need is reform in the player contracts to make it both fair to the schools and players, including the right to terminate by each party after a coaching change without change in eligibility regardless of prior transfer status.
Kopp is on his 3rd school in three years. Could've stayed at UH and CU and worked hard and found his place. No sympathy at all.

Brian Howell has covered CU football through a lot of miserable seasons. It’s not a fun job and now we have some hope. So I think he deserves some credit for hanging on with the program.

But at the same time, don’t add to the negativity about how CP is building a team. We all know that some people outside the program and outside of Boulder keep criticizing Coach Prime for cutting players and using the portal. But those people don’t seem to criticize schools like Bama or other programs at the top for taking in transfers through the portal. Where is the outrage about USC last year? Seems like some people don’t want Prime to be successful. Brian isn’t one of those people but there is so much positive stuff to focus on, I hope he just gets to write some good stuff and enjoy a great season. As for the haters from outside of Boulder and our program, CP is going to show them how it’s done and win. And Brian is gonna have a good time covering it.
Fvck that. Howell has been here for so long because he's topped out in his career. He's lucky he hasn't been sent back to covering the SVVSD HS game of the week.

Why are we even arguing about this? Lots of great coaches have someone they don't like in media and get triggered by random questions all the time. Who cares? If we win, no one gives **** about whether he is nice or mean to the media
Agree with your last comments here, but not dismissing it as a valid topic on a fan MB.

The long term, top beat reporter for CU, who likely has as much team access as any credentialed media, appears to get on the bad side of the HC.... It's a topic I find interesting.

I honestly don’t know how you (or Prime) took “Since you’re set with Shedeur at QB1” as disrespectful. Is that statement not a fact? How does that imply that Shedeur didn’t earn it? It wasn’t a question about a QB competition between Shedeur and anyone else. It was a question about the backup job.

And nobody is asking about Travis because he’s a CB and WR and there are 2-3 of each on the field at any given time. Not to mention QB is the position and naturally gets the questions anyways.
No reason for preamble.

Sounds like Sal and Bartolone are going to be in the booth.
I get the reasoning for having both coordinators on the sidelines but I'm questioning the decision to have the analysts there as well. The analysts' highest value seems to be analyzing the game from the best position possible, informing the coordinators of what they see, and the coordinators making decisions based on that intel. I think Sal and Bartolone will be fine in the booth but why not put the guys who can't talk to the players up there?

I get the reasoning for having both coordinators on the sidelines but I'm questioning the decision to have the analysts there as well. The analysts' highest value seems to be analyzing the game from the best position possible, informing the coordinators of what they see, and the coordinators making decisions based on that intel. I think Sal and Bartolone will be fine in the booth but why not put the guys who can't talk to the players up there?
this

Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re there to handle clock/timeout management, etc.

Jon the Liquidator is a complete waste of YouTube space. Comes across like he has the scoop, but doesn’t ever really say anything at all and never says anything we don’t already know. Total clickbait.

Most of the time, yes. He was helpful in breaking down practice vids, identifying pllayera before they had numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back