What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, I grew up a Cowboys fan. There was a time I could probably name the whole roster, I kind of doubt I could name anyone other than Prescott now. I don't watch the No Fun League anymore, but I have to admit, I still like running America's Team up the flagpole to watch fans of other, lesser, teams squirm.
So Browns fans?

“Lesser teams”… very few NFL franchises should legitimately be considered lesser than the Cowboys at this time
Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

One of the teams of all time!
The 90's Cowboys were damn good, but it all ended in 1996 and has been bleak at best, stop saying America's team.

Let's put it this way... since 1995, the last time the Boys won a Super Bowl, or even played in a Conference Championship game, the Broncos have won 3 Super Bowls, Lost 1 Super Bowl, and lost a Conference Championship Game. 5 big-time relevant seasons, compared to ZERO...

The freaking Chiefs have done something similar in the last 5 years, so the Cowboys are nothing burgers

Everyone ****ting on the Cowgirls needs to understand their futility and timeline perfectly syncs with CU and this is how I see y’all when you’re chest thumping about **** that happened before color was invented

Everyone ****ting on the Cowgirls needs to understand their futility and timeline perfectly syncs with CU and this is how I see y’all when you’re chest thumping about **** that happened before color was invented
And it all comes down to LEADERSHIP and DECISION MAKING

CU had poor leadership and DECIDED to screw up the football program

Dallas has a poor LEADER and he has made crappy DECISIONS for a long time, cause he is the smartest man in the room of idiots

The 90's Cowboys were damn good, but it all ended in 1996 and has been bleak at best, stop saying America's team.

Let's put it this way... since 1995, the last time the Boys won a Super Bowl, or even played in a Conference Championship game, the Broncos have won 3 Super Bowls, Lost 1 Super Bowl, and lost a Conference Championship Game. 5 big-time relevant seasons, compared to ZERO...

The freaking Chiefs have done something similar in the last 5 years, so the Cowboys are nothing burgers
All that is true. Man, I am convinced. Not just by what you post, but the fact the Broncos also have two of the biggest beatdowns in SB history. They were on the wrong side of the beatdown, but man, they were there, and that says something.

All that is true. Man, I am convinced. Not just by what you post, but the fact the Broncos also have two of the biggest beatdowns in SB history. They were on the wrong side of the beatdown, but man, they were there, and that says something.
I am sensing sarcasm....
Those beatdowns were emotionally scarring, thanks for bringing them back up

Doug Williams did not visit practice did he?
I did hear Jerry Rice and that is scarring

I am sensing sarcasm....
Those beatdowns were emotionally scarring, thanks for bringing them back up

Doug Williams did not visit practice did he?
I did hear Jerry Rice and that is scarring
I'm just joking around. I cannot wait for CFB. I am liking what I see out of fall camp.

The NFL died to me back around 2000 or so. Lots of reasons why, but I really am pumped there are big names coming to fall camp and charging the guys up. Getting to the League is the brass ring for elite players, and man, does CU finally have a stable full now.

I mean, the GM of the Rams, Terrell Owens, Michael Irvin, scouts, Byron Leftwich. Great recruiting tools and I certainly would practice harder with those dudes watching me
Hmmmmmmm. None of the current recruits have probably heard of these guys, but their parents have. I'm not sure what Prime is doing here other than juicing up his social media cred and his videos.

I'm just joking around. I cannot wait for CFB. I am liking what I see out of fall camp.

The NFL died to me back around 2000 or so. Lots of reasons why, but I really am pumped there are big names coming to fall camp and charging the guys up. Getting to the League is the brass ring for elite players, and man, does CU finally have a stable full now.
No biggie, just hated how those Super Bowls were so important to me, and had butterfly's all day, made some yummy food, all the family at the party, and shyt the bed game, a national embarrassment. The 49'ers were better, Redskins caught fire, and the Seahawks were on Steroids, cause Pete Carroll would cheat on anything.

This is the year of the Buffs, the year of Prime

Funny story, was in Iowa yesterday working on a project, and I decided to wear my Buffs ballcap since it was hotter than crap on the construction site. Then, went to a local bar looking for camaraderie with the Iowa fans who equally hate the team in Red, and low and behold 40% of the old boys were Husker fans and gave me the stankiest looks, while the Iowa and Iowa State fans were super nice. Can you say inferiority complex? One Husker fan had to talk about "Dirty Play" when the Buffs and Skers play, and I was like, it has always been tough games, but if you are talking about Collier, **** off

No biggie, just hated how those Super Bowls were so important to me, and had butterfly's all day, made some yummy food, all the family at the party, and shyt the bed game, a national embarrassment. The 49'ers were better, Redskins caught fire, and the Seahawks were on Steroids, cause Pete Carroll would cheat on anything.

Funny story, was in Iowa yesterday working on a project, and I decided to wear my Buffs ballcap since it was hotter than crap on the construction site. Then, went to a local bar looking for camaraderie with the Iowa fans who equally hate the team in Red, and low and behold 40% of the old boys were Husker fans and gave me the stankiest looks, while the Iowa and Iowa State fans were super nice. Can you say inferiority complex? One Husker fan had to talk about "Dirty Play" when the Buffs and Skers play, and I was like, it has always been tough games, but if you are talking about Collier, **** off

So, you're saying that Nebraska fans don't like us...? 😰 🥺 Were that it wasn't so. They must be depressed to see a Buff cap. Way to go.

Last edited:

I moved to CO in 12/87. So I was invited to a SB party with people I had just met. Everyone was a big Bronco fan (no surprise) so they ask me "Who are you rooting for?". Being generally a knucklehead, I said "Well, my team (Cowboys) didn't make it, but I will pull for the 'skins since they are NFC". Everyone chuckled since, of course, the 'skins stood no chance. Then the game began...

After Timmy Smith had run farther than an Olympic 200 meter sprinter by half time, and Doug Williams had sprained his arm throwing TD's, I was reduced to sitting in the corner nursing the one beer I was likely to be given, with nobody talking to me.

Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back