What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you're saying that Nebraska fans don't like us...? 😰 🥺 Were that it wasn't so. They must depressed to see a Buff cap. Way to go.
Wore the hat completely on purpose to solicit responses
Iowa and Iowa State fans chuckled and nodded, we get each other. Husker Fans, mind you living in Iowa, were tense and crabby. I think they wanted to show confidence, but who the **** knows what is going to happen on 9/9. The Iowa fans mentioned that their really is no rivalry with Nebraska, they just hate them and feel sorry for them. Iowa was not playing Nebraska when they were in their prime from 1970 to 1998, so to them everything is in the now, and now they suck

I moved to CO in 12/87. So I was invited to a SB party with people I had just met. Everyone was a big Bronco fan (no surprise) so they ask me "Who are you rooting for?". Being generally a knucklehead, I said "Well, my team (Cowboys) didn't make it, but I will pull for the 'skins since they are NFC". Everyone chuckled since, of course, the 'skins stood no chance. Then the game began...

After Timmy Smith had run farther than an Olympic 200 meter sprinter by half time, and Doug Williams had sprained his arm throwing TD's, I was reduced to sitting in the corner nursing the one beer I was likely to be given, with nobody talking to me.

Good times.

Yes. Those early Elway SBs were just brutal. Denver (the town) went into huge depressions for a week after each one, yet teflon Dan Reeves emerged, Georgia accent and reputation relatively intact. Actually Reeves was hard to totally hate. The ultimate high floor / low ceiling kind of coach. A grinder with utterly no creativity, but he got the team into the big time.

Last edited:
Nothing like reminiscing about the good old times in the no fun league in the camp thread.
Tired Back To School GIF by Originals

Feely can boom it. Good height on it too!
Feely can boom it... but he doesn't know his FG history. He seems to forget that Justin Tucker & Matt Prater beat the several guys (Elam, Dempsey, Janikowski, Akers, Gano, Maher) who were at 63 yards. Tucker is at 66 and Prater is at 64.

Temple U's own Brandon McManus is somewhere up there in the 60's also.

What was the incident?

Sounds like he went from Texas to Tennessee to ASU and now to CU. From two weeks ago:

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — Arizona State coach Kenny Dillingham has dismissed linebacker Juwan Mitchell from the team.

The school did not disclose the reason for Mitchell's dismissal.

“Juwan Mitchell is no longer with the team,” Dillingham said after practice Monday. “Culture wins. It is very, very simple, culture wins. You are either going to practice how we practice, live how we live, be a good person, compete, say yes sir and no sir, open doors for people. Be genuinely a good person or do things right, or you are not."

Mitchell was expected to be a starter at Arizona State after transferring from Tennessee. The sixth-year linebacker played 12 games over two seasons with the Vols after two seasons at Texas, where he was the team's leading tackler in 2020.

Dillingham, in his first season as the Sun Devils' coach, also dismissed cornerback Isaiah Johnson from the team last week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...e&cvid=491761b538554d91b94a828044b8d757&ei=31

Interesting! I’ve been wondering because there’s definitely some new numbers in the Well Off vids, idk if they’re new players or just players changing their numbers but the CU official roster doesn’t have them updated. There’s a new #91 working in the DL group as well. Would be nice if there are still some reinforcements we can bring in.

Interesting! I’ve been wondering because there’s definitely some new numbers in the Well Off vids, idk if they’re new players or just players changing their numbers but the CU official roster doesn’t have them updated. There’s a new #91 working in the DL group as well. Would be nice if there are still some reinforcements we can bring in.

According to Howell, many of those were current CU players in scout team jerseys.

What was the incident?
Eating cottage cheese with a fork?

Seriously, it will be interesting to see how this goes. CP has been very vocal on videos saying he expects exactly what Dillingham expects (yes ma’am, no ma’am, opening doors, etc). If he was kicked off for not being a good person (which is what seems to be insinuated) I’m curious how CP would handle that, and the signal that will send to the rest of the team. I think I remember CP telling the current team that there would be no second chances for that stuff.

Seriously, it will be interesting to see how this goes. CP has been very vocal on videos saying he expects exactly what Dillingham expects (yes ma’am, no ma’am, opening doors, etc). If he was kicked off for not being a good person (which is what seems to be insinuated) I’m curious how CP would handle that, and the signal that will send to the rest of the team. I think I remember CP telling the current team that there would be no second chances for that stuff.
And it was a plastic fast food fork at that.

Are we looking ASU rejects? Ugh.

Would he need a waiver from the NCAA since he's transferred multiple times? Or is he a grad transfer so that rule doesn't apply?

Prime has emphatically been about second and even third chances for guys. It’s the domestic violence stuff he has stated gets zero tolerance or second chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back