What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Allbuffs CFB gambling thread

The line has already moved to 18.5 at Circa. If it gets 16.5 offshore, Clemson will be a go.

I'm going to do the same thing with that game. Other lines that popped out at me:

Michigan giving 23 at home against Army
Washington giving 13.5 to Cal at home
Hawaii -5 at home against the Beaver

Also taking the under tonight in Notre Dame-Louisville.

Really like A&M covering and South Florida got blanked last week, I see G tech covering that 5.5 easily

Line down to -3.5. Money line coming into as preferred bet, not just an emotional play.

Cash those tickets.
I feel like I do enough gambling on CFB to be mostly knowledgeable, but I'm not really sure what you mean by it's a preferred bet not just an emotional play?

I feel like I do enough gambling on CFB to be mostly knowledgeable, but I'm not really sure what you mean by it's a preferred bet not just an emotional play?
A CU fan (or a joe) taking 2.5 is an emotional bet to me, driven often by perceived biases. For many professional betters, they will pass on a 2.5 line in search of better value, or prefer to play a live dog than a short dog.

Just my 2 cents. There are many approaches to betting. This one just reflects my betting values approach. Others may differ or disagree.

If any of you enjoy pick'em's for honor, not money, now is your chance!

Sign up here for a straight up pick'em with confidence points for the top 15 college games of the week as determined by CBS Sports.

Thoughts on Stanford going to USC at a +1?
I took Stanford the minute I found out that Daniels tore his ACL. I feel really bad for the kid, but when both starting QB's go down, I would lean towards "who has the better staff to gameplan for that" and that was about the easiest answer to any question ever.

I took Stanford the minute I found out that Daniels tore his ACL. I feel really bad for the kid, but when both starting QB's go down, I would lean towards "who has the better staff to gameplan for that" and that was about the easiest answer to any question ever.

Yeah agree-Seems like a 17-14 Stanford kind of game. Parlaying Cardinal and the point/the under.

Couldn't disagree more, and I've got money on Tom Herman already. Can't wait for that one.

The sharp line movement away from Texas disagrees with your assessment. The line is close enough to make UT a buy-back play, but LSU has all of the sharp money so far.

The sharp line movement away from Texas disagrees with your assessment. The line is close enough to make UT a buy-back play, but LSU has all of the sharp money so far.
I think LSU will win. They have better athletes. I can’t lay 7 though. If the buyback hits 5, I’ll hop in. Or maybe a little ML play on LSU. This started early at Texas -1 preseason.

‘sken may be right. I don’t see it. UT depth at RB is stretched thin. Love the moxie of Texas QB, but if he tries to take on too much of the run burden, he could get rung up by those LSU missiles.

I think LSU will win. They have better athletes. I can’t lay 7 though. If the buyback hits 5, I’ll hop in. Or maybe a little ML play on LSU. This started early at Texas -1 preseason.

‘sken may be right. I don’t see it. UT depth at RB is stretched thin. Love the moxie of Texas QB, but if he tries to take on too much of the run burden, he could get rung up by those LSU missiles.

Texas +7/7.5 is the only Texas line in the game that makes sense. The market got there briefly, but receded quickly. If the line settles around 5.5/6, LSU gets there and covers enough for it to make sense.

Back