What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Arizona Pregame/Game Thread

Speaking of which, is there a magical formula for getting gifs into posts? I used to be able to but no longer can.
Emily Blunt Oh Snap GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

You are unfortunately right in much of what you say here.

Problem is that we are already in the death spiral and the longer they wait to make changes the deeper we will get.

It also unfortunately much bigger than just changing a coach.

We need to be so bad that significant numbers of people don't go to games, that donors stop donating, and not just to athletics.

It has to hit them hard enough that they are willing to make the fundamental changes to the entire structure of what we do to be a competitive FBS football program again.

We need things to hit hard enough that they have to take a real look at what our football program is and will be, not just hire another coach.
Yeah. Hitting them hard financially will help.

Watching all the pregame shows and watching offensive system discussions, we have the completely wrong offensive staff for our personnel and there is very little chance they can fix anything!
Watching Sark’s system at Texas was the best example of what we should do with RPO run and pass schemes.
HOWEVER
Our OL is terrible right now thanks to Rod
Chiv has Air Raid experience and wants the WR’s to shine, which is not an RPO system
Langsdorf is a Pro pass guy and cannot teach RPO
Dorrell is West Coast stuff, and tries to focus on an NFL run game that does not work or utilize RPO and Lewis
Bottom line
Go Buffs
Must Win
This will be an interesting “subtle adjustment Saturday”
Buckle up

Watching Game Day this morning, it looked like it said on the ticker that their FPI gives our Buffs a 75% chance to win today.

1. That would be nice. Let's hope.

2. Just how fvcking bad is Arizona?

If we somehow find a way to come out with an almost competent offense in front of a sell out crowd and deliver a 2 TD win, KD is safe for the year and well in to next year.

Deliver the same bull**** we’ve seen all season (and I include UNC in there), and lose by 10 points while getting blown out the rest of the year - I really do think we’ve got a chance at change in the offseason regardless of what is being said publicly.

I’m rooting for armageddon. I can’t stand the idea of watching us slowly get worse than this via ****ty recruiting for the next couple of years.
Do you have the poster on ignore who posted a link to Dorrell’s contract? Here it is again for you: https://go.boarddocs.com/co/cu/Boar...L Karl UPDATED DRAFT Employment Agreement.pdf

Who are the donors who will pay this enormous buyout and let Rick George screw up another hire?

Watching Game Day this morning, it looked like it said on the ticker that their FPI gives our Buffs a 75% chance to win today.

They are worse than us. And we’re horrible.

Arizona and Cal are both so bad that we could get a "bye week turnaround" narrative built up around a 3-4 team, just to get spanked around again to a 3-9 finish

Let me just put it this way-I jumped all over Arizona under 2.5 wins when the totals came out for a reason. If they win 2 games, Fisch should be COY in the Pac 12.

Do you have the poster on ignore who posted a link to Dorrell’s contract? Here it is again for you: https://go.boarddocs.com/co/cu/Board.nsf/files/BMDMAC5A163D/$file/2020 02-28 DORRELL Karl UPDATED DRAFT Employment Agreement.pdf

Who are the donors who will pay this enormous buyout and let Rick George screw up another hire?
Wow, I finally just spent some time reading the contract, and the Buyout is just so dumb, so so dumb!
I would love to know who specifically asked for that part of the deal? Can we use some kind of a FOIA request to get notes about the negotiations of that buyout

Took a look at some team stats on NCAA.com & how the teams stack up relative to the 130 FBS teams.

Defenses are equivalent. UA is #64 & CU is #72 on Total Defense.

Offenses are both bad. UA is #95 and CU is #129 on Total Offense.

Unlike us, they're not historically bad on offense. But they've got their QB out and are playing on the road while we've had the advantage of a bye week to make subtle changes, so I give us a chance.

problem is the difference between 95 and 129 is a lot worse than the difference between 61 and 95. They are substantially better offensively and slightly better on defense. No idea how were favored. Arizona is bad, but I really don’t think we win this game. I’m not the most negative person but I think they’ve been more competitive than we have save the A&M game. But that was a fluke

If I thought losing would force changes in the staff I would have no qualms rooting for a loss today. Ironically I find myself cheering for a surprise win because I don’t think even an ugly loss would make one bit of difference.

I just received results from my ultra-reliable Google rapid-test. Negative!

I'm going to the game!
Ugh, I was on the way out the door for the game and got a call from a nurse. She advised isolation, in spite of my results. So I am.

This is a game we have a chance of winning, on the most perfect day for football I can imagine.

To make matters worse, my special lady grabbed a new tv and mount for our new office, so I could watch football during my isolation. But the mount box was opened and incomplete, so I can't even mount the TV to watch it.

Oh, and the game is apparently on the Pac 12 network, so I can't even watch it on my computer.

Ugh, I was on the way out the door for the game and got a call from a nurse. She advised isolation, in spite of my results. So I am.

This is a game we have a chance of winning, on the most perfect day for football I can imagine.

To make matters worse, my special lady grabbed a new tv and mount for our new office, so I could watch football during my isolation. But the mount box was opened and incomplete, so I can't even mount the TV to watch it.

Oh, and the game is apparently on the Pac 12 network, so I can't even watch it on my computer.

Thank you for isolating.

You mentioned something about a mount. Perhaps you pursue that line of thinking this afternoon.

Back