What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Arizona Pregame/Game Thread

if we lose to a team that's lost 16 striaght....AND we have tow week to prepare....there's no reason for anybody to say that Dorrell should stay past midnight.
This is a no-excuses game. None. Worst scenario for a coach in his position.

I hope we get killed.

Man, I feel dirty just typing that, but it's true. Time to clean house and hire a COACH, not a coordinator.
Not sure why you hope we get killed? This isn’t the NFL we’re not getting the top QB recruit in the nation at 1-11. We will re-enter the never ending death spiral for more years.

If you think it will be the straw that gets KD the axe you are delusional. We had to scrape and claw for MikMac’s $5m pre COVID. Someone feel free to let me know where we are getting triple that amount or whatever KD’s stupid contract states post COVID.

We are stuck once again with this BS until 2023 or 2024. We must have messed with Karma bad in a past fan’s life because this level of football incompetence over this long of time would be hard to replicate at any school in the nation sans Kansas.

Not sure why you hope we get killed? This isn’t the NFL we’re not getting the top QB recruit in the nation at 1-11. We will re-enter the never ending death spiral for more years.

If you think it will be the straw that gets KD the axe you are delusional. We had to scrape and claw for MikMac’s $5m pre COVID. Someone feel free to let me know where we are getting triple that amount or whatever KD’s stupid contract states post COVID.

We are stuck once again with this BS until 2023 or 2024. We must have messed with Karma bad in a past fan’s life because this level of football incompetence over this long of time would be hard to replicate at any school in the nation sans Kansas.
I hate this post because it seems so accurate.

There are CU supporters/donors out there that if embarrased enough will jump into action. Trust me.

You are unfortunately right in much of what you say here.

Problem is that we are already in the death spiral and the longer they wait to make changes the deeper we will get.

It also unfortunately much bigger than just changing a coach.

We need to be so bad that significant numbers of people don't go to games, that donors stop donating, and not just to athletics.

It has to hit them hard enough that they are willing to make the fundamental changes to the entire structure of what we do to be a competitive FBS football program again.

We need things to hit hard enough that they have to take a real look at what our football program is and will be, not just hire another coach.

Pretty much this. My focus hasn't been KD. I just want him to get the staff that will propel this team forward. OC and recruiters.

This has been my sentiment since the Minnesota game. I’m incredibly frustrated as well, but I think we’re pinioned to KD through 2023. Unless someone can do a Straussian interpretation of the contract, this is our albatross through 2023.

If a golden parachute, in the shape of a donor, didn’t appear to help out with Hawkins; s/he certainly won’t appear at triple the price for a KD buyout. Will we end up in some kind of “one off,” get a train run on us, game in the next 4-5 years? Yeah, probably. Similar to the OSU 2011 $1 million payout game.

I’ll continue to root for the team and hope for the best for the players, but I won’t be moving my life around on weekends to watch the game. I’m not planning on staying awake until 1:20 am to watch us get blown out by Utah on a Sunday morning. And, I’m definitely not flying out to watch this garbage.

Thank God we didn’t play the Goats or the Corn this year.

Sorry to vent, but last year gave me a glimmer of hope that we would go 6-6.

There are CU supporters/donors out there that if embarrased enough will jump into action. Trust me.
I hope your right but I’ve not seen these donors is action yet. I know that Kelli Brooks lady is die hard and leaving a sizable endowment making some noise but I have never seen big donors do anything significant at a coaching level that I can recall.

You are unfortunately right in much of what you say here.

Problem is that we are already in the death spiral and the longer they wait to make changes the deeper we will get.

It also unfortunately much bigger than just changing a coach.

We need to be so bad that significant numbers of people don't go to games, that donors stop donating, and not just to athletics.

It has to hit them hard enough that they are willing to make the fundamental changes to the entire structure of what we do to be a competitive FBS football program again.

We need things to hit hard enough that they have to take a real look at what our football program is and will be, not just hire another coach.
I agree but my hope here (knowing we are stuck with KD) is to clean out all O staff, be very active in the portal and try to get back to at least .500 football before canning KD in 2 years.

A lot of hope I know but at this point it’s all I got.

I agree but my hope here (knowing we are stuck with KD) is to clean out all O staff, be very active in the portal and try to get back to at least .500 football before canning KD in 2 years.

A lot of hope I know but at this point it’s all I got.
.500?!!! All I can say to this is...HAVE YOU SEEN THE 2022 AND 2023 SCHEDULES? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

.500?!!! All I can say to this is...HAVE YOU SEEN THE 2022 AND 2023 SCHEDULES? :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Eh, the only differences are AFA and CSU in 22 and 23, respectively, instead of UNC this year. TCU and Minnesota next year is the same or easier than A&M/Minn this year and TCU/Nebraska is also easier.

This year's team isn't beating any of those programs, outside of maybe CSU, but if the idea is to bring in a competent offensive staff, and 3-4 transfers, there's no reason to believe they can't get back to where we thought they would be this year.

Yes, that's A LOT of IFs and they would have to hit on a really good OC and bring in a good QB

Eh, the only differences are AFA and CSU in 22 and 23, respectively, instead of UNC this year. TCU and Minnesota next year is the same or easier than A&M/Minn this year and TCU/****braska is also easier.

This year's team isn't beating any of those programs, outside of maybe CSU, but if the idea is to bring in a competent offensive staff, and 3-4 transfers, there's no reason to believe they can't get back to where we thought they would be this year.

Yes, that's A LOT of IFs and they would have to hit on a really good OC and bring in a good QB
While we may add new coaches and players (not holding my breath), let's not forget the likelihood we also lose a fair number of players to transfer after this season as well. And FTR - we aren't beating TCU, Minnesota or Air Force this year, next year or the next. I think we are at the point now (changes or not) that we are a preseason 2.5 win O/U program for the foreseeable future.

While we may add new coaches and players (not holding my breath), let's not forget the likelihood we also lose a fair number of players to transfer after this season as well. And FTR - we aren't beating TCU, Minnesota or Air Force this year, next year or the next. I think we are at the point now (changes or not) that we are a preseason 2.5 win O/U program for the foreseeable future.
And right now I would take the under.

Eh, the only differences are AFA and CSU in 22 and 23, respectively, instead of UNC this year. TCU and Minnesota next year is the same or easier than A&M/Minn this year and TCU/****braska is also easier.

This is my exact thinking. Can they bring in the needed OL, QB etc transfers? Depends on the new OC. God this sucks.

How you get a quality OC in here when HCKD has already used up his goodwill is going to be difficult. Not impossible, but difficult.

Being in the lower left hand corner of the graph is good right?
Technically, the offense shouldn't even be on the graph. Only way to go but up!
Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Back