What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Arizona State Game Thread

Jack Lamb listed as the starter at Sam LB over Marvin Ham.
Fenske not even listed on the depth chart this week
They have played very, very little 4-3.

3-4 last week. Thomas, Wells, Perry, Nate.

when they went four front, Wells and Thomas split time at DE. Nate and Perry at LB on run downs. Nate and Barnes at LB on pass downs. Or Lewis moving beside Nate in the Dime.

Depth chart is complete bull****.

Pursell at center has to be a good thing, right? Didn’t some rando play there v MN last week?
Fenske, the transfer from Iowa who left because he was playing behind the best Center in the country. Turns out he isn’t ready to play at this level and from all accounts was horrible. He’s not even listed on the depth chart this week.

Fenske, the transfer from Iowa who left because he was playing behind the best Center in the country. Turns out he isn’t ready to play at this level and from all accounts was horrible. He’s not even listed on the depth chart this week.
Not to worry. A couple more weeks of Fenske pushing around the R-O-D blocking system and he'll be nearing all-conference form!

Rod just has to keep coaching him out of those bad Iowa OL techniques
1632487743647.jpeg
What The Hell Wtf GIF by The Lonely Island

So that’s good, right?

Has never been listed on any depth chart. Any week.

Has never been listed on any depth chart. Any week.
My issue is that the staff felt he could play anywhere on the OL and that's why they took him instead of going after another pure Tackle in the portal. Center is a hard position to play from a mental standpoint, but he got his ass kicked from a physical standpoint as well. Do we really think he has a future as a Tackle in this program? I think he can provide great depth and maybe develop into a starter on the interior, but he can't be a primary option at Tackle going forward, IMO.

My issue is that the staff felt he could play anywhere on the OL and that's why they took him instead of going after another pure Tackle in the portal. Center is a hard position to play from a mental standpoint, but he got his ass kicked from a physical standpoint as well. Do we really think he has a future as a Tackle in this program? I think he can provide great depth and maybe develop into a starter on the interior, but he can't be a primary option at Tackle going forward, IMO.
I agree. Good post.

Barnes seems like the best of recent transfers

I have been in rooms where the OL have been read the riot act. I expect that is something that happened at half time or after the game. The most disapointing part is the upper classmen interior linemen. I hear Adam saying Kutsh has been solid. I have to disagree, he has been awful. The upperclassmen Pursell, Roddick and Kutsch have to show leadership and step up their game. If we don't see any change from them. The coach should start playing guys like Jynes, Lytle. Johnson and Lee more
Filip surgery is on his left shoulder. Maybe that is why is playing right tackle. Even then he is still too skiny at 295 pounds. Need to bulk up to like 320 pounds. Jake Wiley is getting a lot of game experience. Went up against probably one of the best pass rushes in the nation in ATM. Will learn from the experience.

I have been in rooms where the OL have been read the riot act. I expect that is something that happened at half time or after the game. The most disapointing part is the upper classmen interior linemen. I hear Adam saying Kutsh has been solid. I have to disagree, he has been awful. The upperclassmen Pursell, Roddick and Kutsch have to show leadership and step up their game. If we don't see any change from them. The coach should start playing guys like Jynes, Lytle. Johnson and Lee more
Filip surgery is on his left shoulder. Maybe that is why is playing right tackle. Even then he is still too skiny at 295 pounds. Need to bulk up to like 320 pounds. Jake Wiley is getting a lot of game experience. Went up against probably one of the best pass rushes in the nation in ATM. Will learn from the experience.
Jake Wiley got destroyed by UNC’s pass rushers, A&M’s pass rushers and Minnesota’s pass rusher.

Back