What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Best Locations to Receive “Go Buffs” Yells

Last Sunday i was in Paso Robles sitting in a tasting room in Tin City when a guy walked in wearing a CU hat (I was wearing mine as well). I gave a hearty Go Buffs! and he did the same, and said “this is our year.” I kind of chuckled as I used to say that every year about this time, my wife had a bigger laugh than I did.

Last Sunday i was in Paso Robles sitting in a tasting room in Tin City when a guy walked in wearing a CU hat (I was wearing mine as well). I gave a hearty Go Buffs! and he did the same, and said “this is our year.” I kind of chuckled as I used to say that every year about this time, my wife had a bigger laugh than I did.
The final year of having a desperate hand waving above water for a rope, another hand, or a life preserver…hopefully 🤞🤞

I’m not sure which is better, receiving a Go Buffs, or walking through Fusker Nation wearing whatever article of apparel referencing CU and/or Buffs that may have on, and receiving side eyes!

Did some spring skiing with the family in Mammoth Mountain, CA wearing my Buffs hoodie earlier this month. Heard 2-3 Go Buffs each day.

It is a bummer that my canned response when people ask if I went there has become - yes, a long time ago, when we were good at football.

I didn’t receive a GoBuffs today, but was able to give one. Three houses down from me I saw a new neighbor with a CU shirt. I yelled GoBuffs and received one in return. The value of my metroplex abode just ticked higher with this new, quality neighbor. 😎

I get this more often than not
I think this is more about the fact that CU alums in general don't have their lives revolve around the athletic prowess of the school. Sure we will wear hats and shirts, but don't lower us to bama fan standard where they can't go two feet without saying "roll tide" to everyone around wearing the crimson with a big A plastered on their skulls.

Course it could be that our football team has sucked for the better part of the last 20 years and we would rather not verbally acknowledge our fandom.

I get this more often than not
I dont start with Go Buffs anymore for that reason.

I approached a guy at the outdoor market in Charleston that had a CU shirt on and he didnt get what I was talking about right away. Not an alum. Shirt he got visiting a buddy in Denver during a golf outing a number of years back. We did have a nice chat about Boulder.

:ROFLMAO:

Surprised a moment ago. Walking through Notre Dame campus and got a Go Buffs from a ND graduating student. Very cool. By the way, unbelievable campus.

Just got a SkoBuffs at ORD. Man, really charges me up…..maybe there is hope for us after all.
To expound a bit…..we are a sleeping giant. So many alums spread throughout the world. Just think if we had the leadership to build a competitive football program. The Go/Sko Buffs chant would take over the nation. 😎

For Father’s Day, my oldest got me a shirt that looks about like this:

11BBE51D-16CB-44A2-9A0A-9F9C06478531.jpeg

She was super excited for me to wear it, so I did yesterday up in Breck.

We were walking down Main Street and some dude coming the other way shouted “Go Blue!” right at me. I smiled and kept walking. My youngest was with me and asked “What was that about?”. I was puzzled. “I honestly don’t know”. About 50 yards later, it came to me.

He thought it was a Michigan Wolverines shirt.

Was at Petersburg National Battlefield, Virginia over the weekend. The park ranger noticed my CU wristwatch and remarked "Hey, I'm from Denver. Looks like the Buffs aren't doing so well this year."

Thanks for the insight, Ranger Obvious.

Last edited:
Just got a Go Buffs at the Belize airport. Followed by considerable sadness over last night's football and basketball games. Then remembered where I was and quickly got over it.
This could have two totally different meanings.

Walking into The Big House in Ann Arbor today. Bundled up due to the cold and light snow. Coming through security ahead of scanning our tickets, they asked people to open their jackets. I was wearing a CU sweatshirt under my jacket and told the young security guy “Go Buffs!” He kind of laughed and replied, Go Buffs. I’ll count it.

Back