What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

Diggs and the speed of their QB, Maryland could very well reel off a few quick scores. They are just so out matched at the LOS on both sides. Its only a matter of time before Stanford is just getting whatever they want in the running game.

Maryland may very well put up some points but unless they go into a shell Stanford will continue to score on offense and get their share of stops on defense.

Stanford has also dominated the ball and been hitting Maryland play after play in the first half. Maryland is not big or deep on defense, how long till they just wear out Stanford completely takes over.

recruit from MD, CU was in on him early, he took forever to sign, thought we might have a chance, signed with the hometown team.

ah. thanks.

i hate notre dame but i was cheering for them to beat lsu. more sec losses. more! we need more!

1. the p12 is totally underrated nationally and it hurts perception and bowl position sometimes.
2. we need more tv viewers to believe that they should tune in to p12 games even if they are on late.

win, win, win. i want the sports press slavering at the feet of the p12 the way they do for the sec.

ah. thanks.

i hate notre dame but i was cheering for them to beat lsu. more sec losses. more! we need more!

1. the p12 is totally underrated nationally and it hurts perception and bowl position sometimes.
2. we need more tv viewers to believe that they should tune in to p12 games even if they are on late.

win, win, win. i want the sports press slavering at the feet of the p12 the way they do for the sec.

I am rooting for every pac-12 team except oregon.

1) I was raised an FSU fan
2) I love reminding them that the big O on the helmet is for 0 national championships
3) Even if they do somehow win it all, its good for cu and the conference.

most of the stadiums have been half empty!..orange bowl seats are available on stub hub for $1

Most of the host cities care a lot less about the empty seats than the ones that are filled. If each school brings 5,000+ fans that means a lot of hotel rooms, restaurant meals, rental cars, and other spending in what is often a dead period for business travelers and in many cases tourism.

Tonights game can't be working out well for them. The Stanford fans aren't likely dropping a lot of tourist dollars and It doesn't look like Maryland brought many fans with them.

"Steady" Eddie's kid, "Crafty" Christian looks pretty damned good. I'd imagine his 'lil bro is a Stanford lock. Right?

"Steady" Eddie's kid, "Crafty" Christian looks pretty damned good. I'd imagine his 'lil bro is a Stanford lock. Right?

Yeah, Eddie is a real carpetbagger: makes a great post-FB living in Denver, Colorado and yet sends his kids out-of-state.
You think he makes more than a handful of dinero if he lived in the Bay Area? He** no! Cali folks would just laugh at him.

Plus he's a shameless recruiter for that holier-than-thou Valor HS program.

Stopped buying his mustard for a reason and I will not ever go to the Good Feet Store either.

Last edited:
Just makes me believe we are better than many think but that the hole is even more difficult to climb out of.

So one of the feared SEC giants goes down at the hands of the Domers. An ND team that both ASU and a previously unranked USC (49-14) team rolled during the season. What will ESPiN have to say about this?

ah. thanks.

DirecTv needs to get off the s***ter. That would help a lot.

Damn. The Trees looked really good. I'm not sure that Maryland is anything to brag about, but Stanford had it's way with them. Complete domination. Hogan looked like an NFL QB out there.

I was starting to think we might have a shot at Stanford next year. I'm not so sure now. They good.

sigh.

Damn. The Trees looked really good. I'm not sure that Maryland is anything to brag about, but Stanford had it's way with them. Complete domination. Hogan looked like an NFL QB out there.

I was starting to think we might have a shot at Stanford next year. I'm not so sure now. They good.

sigh.

Hogan is toying with the idea of going Pro. Lots of their D is graduating/declaring. We do have a shot. A small one though. Going to be tough to contain McCaffrey

So one of the feared SEC giants goes down at the hands of the Domers. An ND team that both ASU and a previously unranked USC (49-14) team rolled during the season. What will ESPiN have to say about this?

Hmm, nothing?

It's a meaningless bowl game. Hard to conclude too much from these games.

As an aside, Stanford finished their season strong and seems to have found some offense. But are they the whitest team in the country or what? They have more white guys playing skill positions than any team in the country - got to be.

I was happy to see McCaffery getting love from ESPN. But you could tell they pre game planned to hype him. It got to be a bit over the top. The media loves to "personalize" teams I order to put a face on them. Christian McCaffery is now the "face" of Stanford football.

As an aside, Stanford finished their season strong and seems to have found some offense. But are they the whitest team in the country or what? They have more white guys playing skill positions than any team in the country - got to be.
If the SEC was undefeated ESPN announcers would be singing its praises 24x7. Not sure how relevant your second point is.

I figure that during the 2016 season we'll get to hear a lot about how McCaffrey and Ballage are the two most dynamic players in the Pac-12. :bang:

Individual bowl games tend to be meaningless, but combined they represent a trend.

I'll repeat what I've said many times. If you look at bowl games (and general out-of-conference play) the SEC tends to get beaten by lower ranked (and unranked) teams, while never actually beating any higher ranked teams (we'll see how Ole Miss and TCU goes).

So this game may be meaningless, but it contributes to a larger trend which suggests that SEC teams tend to be higher ranked than they deserve to be. This is not to be confused with me saying that the SEC is not a great football conference.

Sorry to be repetitive on this issue.

Back