What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

Individual bowl games tend to be meaningless, but combined they represent a trend.

I'll repeat what I've said many times. If you look at bowl games (and general out-of-conference play) the SEC tends to get beaten by lower ranked (and unranked) teams, while never actually beating any higher ranked teams (we'll see how Ole Miss and TCU goes).

So this game may be meaningless, but it contributes to a larger trend which suggests that SEC teams tend to be higher ranked than they deserve to be. This is not to be confused with me saying that the SEC is not a great football conference.

Sorry to be repetitive on this issue.

so your point is that one meaningless thing doesn't mean much but multiple meaningless things are meaningful?

allbuffs: join the meaningless

am i the only one who dislikes both the orange bowl and fiesta bowl being on new years eve... it just seems wrong

so your point is that one meaningless thing doesn't mean much but multiple meaningless things are meaningful?

Doesn't there have to be a significantly relevant sample size for any datum to become meaningful? I only vaguely remember my stats class.

We've always been meaningless... If the vaunted SEC loses in bowl games I think it is meaningful. All we've been hearing is how dominant they are and now playing against real competition they are being exposed. I take that to mean the SEC is overrated and does not deserve the bogus accolades it's been receiving.

Furthermore, Ole Miss is getting drubbed by TCU. All season Ole Miss has been touted as one of the marquis teams in the SEC.

Yes, the TCU/Ole Miss game does present a conundrum of sorts. I'd love to see the B12 go 0-fer the bowls, but seeing the team that beat Alabama get mudholed is nearly as satisfying.

It's a deal where I win either way, I suppose.

I don't think I've ever seen a pick six that was caught in the opponent's end zone before.

But, But, you just can't compete with all that SEC speed, and skill, and their dominant linemen and great coaches and all the other reasons that ES(ec)PN continues to act like they are something above and apart from the rest of college football. And they get ranked highly because they should, after all they are beating other SEC teams. They shouldn't have to play anyone with a pulse or outside of SEC territory, just being in the SEC is enough.

I don't like Urban Meyer or the Buckeyes but it would do a lot of good to see a NC game that doesn't include an SEC team.

Back