What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

We’re driving to a family reunion in Iowa at the end of July. We will have to drive through that gawd forsaken hinterkand known as ‘braska. We want to leave after work and drive about half way which means staying in a hotel somewhere around Kearney.

Any suggestions?

We’re from Sioux City, Iowa so we’ve made that drive more times than I’d like to count. We always end up getting breakfast in North Platte and then just driving on through to Iowa in one setting but Sioux City is right on the Nebraska border so it’s not too bad. North Platte isn’t the most terrible place I’ve been in Nebraska.

We’re from Sioux City, Iowa so we’ve made that drive more times than I’d like to count. We always end up getting breakfast in North Platte and then just driving on through to Iowa in one setting but Sioux City is right on the Nebraska border so it’s not too bad. North Platte isn’t the most terrible place I’ve been in Nebraska.
We’re going to Boone but staying in Ames.

North Platte isn’t the most terrible place I’ve been in Nebraska.
tumblr_n5swc7YuZp1qfcx4to5_250.gif

You are spending vacation days to go there?

Man, you need help.

Absolutely, I feel bad for him. That’s not a vacation, that’s torture. My vacation days have been used on Hawaii, Seattle/Vancouver, Jamaica and Florida for my last 4 vacations.

We’re driving to a family reunion in Iowa at the end of July. We will have to drive through that gawd forsaken hinterkand known as ‘braska. We want to leave after work and drive about half way which means staying in a hotel somewhere around Kearney.

Any suggestions?

I have driven that road more times than I care to count. North Platte or Grand Island have more options, but if you're just crashing and leaving early the next morning it may not matter.

Any suggestions?
Kearney has lots of hotels to pick from. They have become a pretty nice convention center. Google is your friend. Pick from the hotels just off I-80.

Reactions: DBT
Kearney has lots of hotels to pick from. They have become a pretty nice convention center. Google is your friend. Pick from the hotels just off I-80.

That’s the measure of a quality city:

“Things to do in Kearney”
1) sleep
2) the convention center

I can’t wait till I can visit.

Sioux freaking City. The metropolis of northwest Iowa.

Have family there.

It's a somewhat nice place to be from.

My dad was born and raised in LeMars and my grandma still lives there. Small town Midwestern towns (and even the smaller cities) are not bad... up to about a week.

That’s the measure of a quality city:

“Things to do in Kearney”
1) sleep
2) the convention center

I can’t wait till I can visit.
To be fair, years ago my daughter’s soccer team played a tourney in Kearney and the people could not have been nicer.

So, concerning our trip to Iowa: The reunion is the weekend of July 27th. I made the hotel reservation to check in on the 27th and out on the 29th. So I’m sitting here an hour ago and checked my email. They had me checking in JUNE 27th!

I just about shat my pants. It was past the cancellation deadline. I called the hotel and the guy couldn’t find my name or confirmation number. So I called orbitz and a guy named “Shane” with a thick Indian accent told me their system was down and to call back in an hour.

I called the hotel again and got a different guy who quickly found my rez. He said he could try changing but I should call Orbitz. Anyway, I finally got everything changed with no issues. But damn! That was close!

Back