What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Iowa, man! And it’s to meet my FIL’s family. Should be a good time.
I was told last month that I am going to visit my wife’s family in Nebraska next summer. Nebraska in July for Ceresco days!

The buffs better win this year so I can talk mad ****.

I was told last month that I am going to visit my wife’s family in Nebraska next summer. Nebraska in July for Ceresco days!

I was informed by the wife that next year we are going back to visit family in Peru.

Going to be centering our trip out of Ica though so I will be right in the middle of the Pisco production area.

I guess we know who wears the pants in the Heywood household.

My daughter ran track at UnK, and we stayed there a couple times. Thing is, I seem to have blocked those visits from my memory. I vaguely recall going to the "fanciest place in town" to eat. Probably Runza or Taco John's. It's no worse than any other place in the state, I suppose.

bd279cfeef1bf21465b674068bdf7b5f27849e9a.jpg

best book, EVER, well worth the $457 cost for the paperback version

oVN2dyk.jpg

Nebraska is just damn lucky to get Purdue and Minnesota at home this year. They would definitely lose to both of those teams on the road, but they have hope at home.

Middle of the pack in their ‘18 class but the only OT they took. Two higher rated recruits are considered academic longshots where an academic redshirt looks to be the best case scenario. Frost picking up where Riley left off with taking a bunch of risks because it’s one of the worst locations in the world.

Middle of the pack in their ‘18 class but the only OT they took. Two higher rated recruits are considered academic longshots where a academic redshirt looks to be the best case scenario. Frost picking up where Riley left off with taking a bunch of risks because it’s one of the worst locations in the world.

They've had some amazing attrition.

Omaha isn’t bad. Terrible drivers, high taxes, and too spread out...though, The Denver area is mind boggling as far as size land-wise. Plus, Fusker fans are abundant. Every company I’ve worked for here seems to have had a high density of IA State and Hawkeye fans to drown out a lot of the Rubes in Red.

All other places in NE though are completely avoidable.

I am happy to be spending several days in various places in CO come the first Friday in August through to the second Sunday. It’ll build the spirit for the upcoming season! I gotta make it a sweet trip, so I can convince the wife to make it a yearly thing...even if it’s an extended weekend...last time we were there was sept/oct 2015 for the birth/adoption process for my daughter. Woodland Park 2 nights, Grand Junction 3 nights (spent three weeks there and know it pretty well), and Estes Park 3 nights and a family event on night 4 are the “home bases”. Any suggestions of fun things to do for 30 something’s with a 2.5 yr old?

Omaha isn’t bad. Terrible drivers, high taxes, and too spread out...though, The Denver area is mind boggling as far as size land-wise. Plus, Fusker fans are abundant. Every company I’ve worked for here seems to have had a high density of IA State and Hawkeye fans to drown out a lot of the Rubes in Red.

All other places in NE though are completely avoidable.

I am happy to be spending several days in various places in CO come the first Friday in August through to the second Sunday. It’ll build the spirit for the upcoming season! I gotta make it a sweet trip, so I can convince the wife to make it a yearly thing...even if it’s an extended weekend...last time we were there was sept/oct 2015 for the birth/adoption process for my daughter. Woodland Park 2 nights, Grand Junction 3 nights (spent three weeks there and know it pretty well), and Estes Park 3 nights and a family event on night 4 are the “home bases”. Any suggestions of fun things to do for 30 something’s with a 2.5 yr old?
You work fast food or sanitation industry?

You work fast food or sanitation industry?

Nope...never worked either. 9 years in transportation logistics, 2 years in supply chain/distribution logistics for a food manufacturer, and now near 2 years doing supply chain/distribution logistics for a telecomm component manufacturer.

I do think food service and or sanitary could be more rewarding at times...

Nope...never worked either. 9 years in transportation logistics, 2 years in supply chain/distribution logistics for a food manufacturer, and now near 2 years doing supply chain/distribution logistics for a telecomm component manufacturer.

I do think food service and or sanitary could be more rewarding at times...
So you are truck driver?:D

We’re from Sioux City, Iowa so we’ve made that drive more times than I’d like to count. We always end up getting breakfast in North Platte and then just driving on through to Iowa in one setting but Sioux City is right on the Nebraska border so it’s not too bad. North Platte isn’t the most terrible place I’ve been in Nebraska.
How are you guys Iowans and not Nub or Hawkeye fans? Bless your hearts (and I say that genuinely).

How are you guys Iowans and not Nub or Hawkeye fans? Bless your hearts (and I say that genuinely).
Most of my family are Hawkeye fans and I definitely enjoy watching them, especially when they kick Nebraska’s butt :)

My dad and I both graduated from CU tho so that’s where our allegiance lies. Iowa and Wisconsin are sort of my 2nd favorite teams tho.

Most of my family are Hawkeye fans and I definitely enjoy watching them, especially when they kick Nebraska’s butt :)

My dad and I both graduated from CU tho so that’s where our allegiance lies. Iowa and Wisconsin are sort of my 2nd favorite teams tho.
Nice. I lived in Hawkeye nation for a year, and extended fam are all Hawkeye.

Nice. I lived in Hawkeye nation for a year, and extended fam are all Hawkeye.

Iowa is a lot like Nebraska except they have a lot less red polyester and meth and substantially higher IQs. All off which ties together.

Just curious, (I may be posting this in the wrong thread) but how many on this board are going to go to Lincoln for the game this year? My family is going to go and I hope there will be a strong contingent of buff fans there loud and proud.

Just curious, (I may be posting this in the wrong thread) but how many on this board are going to go to Lincoln for the game this year? My family is going to go and I hope there will be a strong contingent of buff fans there loud and proud.
I'll be there.

Get to Lincoln Friday afternoon, where's a good place to eat? And on Saturday whats the best Buff gathering before the game?

Get to Lincoln Friday afternoon, where's a good place to eat? And on Saturday whats the best Buff gathering before the game?
We have a lot of family in Lincoln so we were going to tailgate with them before the game. But they said that we will probably go to some place called Fireworks after the game

We have a lot of family in Lincoln so we were going to tailgate with them before the game. But they said that we will probably go to some place called Fireworks after the game
I’m going. It’s all on my Dad’s schedule, so I doubt I’ll know anything about tailgating you find useful.

Back