What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

So you are truck driver?:D

There is some decent money in OTR driving, though, not the life for me. I drive my car for five minutes and I want to fight most drivers here (see the recent rating of Omaha drivers).

As far as not being a Fuller fan as a life-long Nebraskan...I’ve never drank the Kool-aid. Sure, there were some exciting games to see in the 90’s, but it was usually the game against CU that I got most excited about. I never bought into the standard Nub Buff hatred either. Being in CO for a month in September/October 2015, and experiencing the birth of my daughter and adoption process lead me to be a Buffs fan. It’s a school and program that I’m aware of the history of, plus it is now something that my daughter and I share and bond over.

If you look at Nebraska's D, their D line is likely much better than CU's O-line, but they are still in serious trouble. Their best starting corner won't match up well against CU's fifth WR. Their linebackers are actually worse than our tight ends (How on earth can this be true?)!! CU is going to spread them out. Nebraska's d line is going to have to sell out to get to Montez as quickly as possible. Then they'll have to decide whether to concede slants, WR's screens, comebacks and outs, or go bump and run against CU's large WR's and pray CU doesn't hit shots over the top (and CU will hit many shots over the top if they go bump and run). Not only that, but with the D line selling out to get to Montez running lanes will open. CU is going to move the ball between the 20's with ease. Just a matter of whether CU gets big plays and/or whether CU can finish in the red zone. I'd be surprised if CU doesn't drop more than 40 on that D. I am going to enjoy this game so damn much.

If you look at Nebraska's D, their D line is likely much better than CU's O-line, but they are still in serious trouble. Their best starting corner won't match up well against CU's fifth WR. Their linebackers are actually worse than our tight ends (How on earth can this be true?)!! CU is going to spread them out. Nebraska's d line is going to have to sell out to get to Montez as quickly as possible. Then they'll have to decide whether to concede slants, WR's screens, comebacks and outs, or go bump and run against CU's large WR's and pray CU doesn't hit shots over the top (and CU will hit many shots over the top if they go bump and run). Not only that, but with the D line selling out to get to Montez running lanes will open. CU is going to move the ball between the 20's with ease. Just a matter of whether CU gets big plays and/or whether CU can finish in the red zone. I'd be surprised if CU doesn't drop more than 40 on that D. I am going to enjoy this game so damn much.

I like you.

I think another thing to keep in mind is they're gonna blitz a lot more this year than they did under Riley-watch UCF's defense last year. Chev the play-caller will do a much better job accommodating for the liability that the O-Line is right now than Lindgren ever could. I'd expect to see a lot more Texas Tech type slants/quick passes and tempo this year. I'm more concerned about getting into a shootout with them than anything-our defense needs to show me something in that game. Shutting down CSU the week before doesn't mean a damn thing-that offense couldn't put the ball in the endzone last year with a veteran offensive line, senior QB with how many starts under his belt, and an NFL quality WR in Gallup against one of the worst defenses in the country last year.

I think another thing to keep in mind is they're gonna blitz a lot more this year than they did under Riley-watch UCF's defense last year. Chev the play-caller will do a much better job accommodating for the liability that the O-Line is right now than Lindgren ever could. I'd expect to see a lot more Texas Tech type slants/quick passes and tempo this year. I'm more concerned about getting into a shootout with them than anything-our defense needs to show me something in that game. Shutting down CSU the week before doesn't mean a damn thing-that offense couldn't put the ball in the endzone last year with a veteran offensive line, senior QB with how many starts under his belt, and an NFL quality WR in Gallup against one of the worst defenses in the country last year.
A shoot out will only be possible if our defense can't stop the run and given what happened last year, that is possible. Their freshman QB, Martinez, looked like a a guy trying to throw with the wrong hand during the spring game. Gebbia, their redshirt freshman QB looked good throwing the ball, but he isn't going to run at all and doesn't fit that offensive scheme well. Don't be surprised if they play them both, but you will pretty much know what is coming when each is on the field, which will make it much easier to stop their passing.

Just made our reservations - **** NEBRASKA...I'm sort of sad that some of my money is going to go to towards outrageous hotel costs and the city of Lincoln, but whatever... ...will be well worth it to see my Buffs beat those ****ers. Hope to see you all celebrating around Lincoln after the game!

I hated this drive! We’re in Ames, IA for a wife’s side of the family reunion.

12423F31-A89E-4A6D-BD55-45C00D947BEB.jpeg

We should keep the Chev praise in check for now considering he hasn’t done anything yet. Hope you’re right but I’ve said this multiple times before. You can’t say a guy will automatically be better than his predecessor just because he recruits well and gets kids hyped up. Until I see anything, all I can think of is how HIS unit that should have been easily top 3 in the PAC at the least **** the bed last year and that’s on him as well as the players

The whole WR group underperforming being on Chev argument is a little off, IMO. If Bobo catches the ball in the end zone against UCLA and Fields against ASU, and the team is likely 7-5 w a bowl appearance rather than 5-7, and people aren’t as down on that group. I dont think Chev did a great job keeping their egos in check and keeping them motivated to block, etc. but I feel like those two plays, in particular, are the main reasons for this argument, and I don’t think Chev is really to blame.

Back