What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

My die hard ****braska fan friend is still supremely confident in Frost and the direction the program is going. He said if they aren’t an 8 or 9 win team next year, he’ll start to worry a little. I’ve continued to tell him to temper his expectations.

Their 2020 schedule might be the most backloaded I have ever seen.

My die hard ****braska fan friend is still supremely confident in Frost and the direction the program is going. He said if they aren’t an 8 or 9 win team next year, he’ll start to worry a little. I’ve continued to tell him to temper his expectations.

You need to tell him they should be 2020 preseason Top 5.

Ha, you aren't kidding. Just looked and they could legitimately start the year 7-0/6-1. However, ending the season with consecutive weeks of @Ohio State, Penn State, @Iowa, @Wisconsin and Minnesota?? They'll be extremely fortunate to go 1-4 over that stretch.
In fact, I'd say that if they don't start at least 6-1, their fans should seriously be concerned about another 5-7 type of season, because outside of Wisconsin, Iowa or Minnesota all regressing substantially, next year, they aren't winning more than one of those five games.

In fact, I'd say that if they don't start at least 6-1, their fans should seriously be concerned about another 5-7 type of season, because outside of Wisconsin, Iowa or Minnesota all regressing substantially, next year, they aren't winning more than one of those five games.

They "should" be bowl eligible before the middle of October or Halloween at the latest.

They "should" be bowl eligible before the middle of October or Halloween at the latest.
They "should" have been bowl eligible last year and this year. Until they prove they can actually win road games, actually beat the teams they are expected to beat, they won't be bowling.

Looking at that schedule keep in mind that they have lost two in a row to Purdue and Purdue is getting better faster than kNU is. Cincinnati is still in contention for a major bowl this year, they barely got by Illinois this year.

They could just as easily be heading into the Ohio State game with four wins as with six.

We tend to think that Nebraska is Nebraska and that certain games are gimmees. They aren't good enough for that any more. Now they have a lot more no hopers that guaranteed wins and it will be that way until they prove otherwise.

They "should" have been bowl eligible last year and this year. Until they prove they can actually win road games, actually beat the teams they are expected to beat, they won't be bowling.

Looking at that schedule keep in mind that they have lost two in a row to Purdue and Purdue is getting better faster than kNU is. Cincinnati is still in contention for a major bowl this year, they barely got by Illinois this year.

They could just as easily be heading into the Ohio State game with four wins as with six.

We tend to think that ****braska is ****braska and that certain games are gimmees. They aren't good enough for that any more. Now they have a lot more no hopers that guaranteed wins and it will be that way until they prove otherwise.
I actually never think there are any gimmies for Nebraska anymore, besides the South Dakota States of the world, that are likely wins.

Purdue is actually regressing under Brohm, though, or at least they are definitely not getting better. 7-6, 6-7 in the first two years (Back to back 6-6 regular seasons, winning the first bowl game and losing last year's), and now going either 4-8/5-7 in year three. I would say they are on par with Nebraska as a program right now, but yes, they could still easily beat them in week one next season.

I don't pretend to know how Cincinnati will be as a team next year, but also wouldn't be surprised to see that go either way. Same feeling on @Northwestern and home vs Illinois, although I think Nebraska will likely be favored over Illinois at home.

The wheels come off the Frosty railroad if they lose to Rutgers. That’s the kind of game that exposes a fraud of a football coach. It’s the equivalent of Hawkins against Akron, and Embree against... um... everybody.

A loss to Cincy would look bad for Frosty, but in reality Fickle is probably bringing a more talented team to Lincoln than the one that resides there.

I actually never think there are any gimmies for ****braska anymore, besides the South Dakota States of the world, that are likely wins.

Purdue is actually regressing under Brohm, though, or at least they are definitely not getting better. 7-6, 6-7 in the first two years (Back to back 6-6 regular seasons, winning the first bowl game and losing last year's), and now going either 4-8/5-7 in year three. I would say they are on par with ****braska as a program right now, but yes, they could still easily beat them in week one next season.

I don't pretend to know how Cincinnati will be as a team next year, but also wouldn't be surprised to see that go either way. Same feeling on @Northwestern and home vs Illinois, although I think ****braska will likely be favored over Illinois at home.
This is the whole point.

There are very few games any more that you can look at and count as solid win before the game is played. There are some should wins but over the past couple years they have managed to win more than their share of those should wins.

You can look at the schedule and see some sure losses and some others that are likely losses.

Until they manage to start winning games like a winning program safest bet is to not consider many games as sure things.

The wheels come off the Frosty railroad if they lose to Rutgers. That’s the kind of game that exposes a fraud of a football coach. It’s the equivalent of Hawkins against Akron, and Embree against... um... everybody.

Toledo, not Akron, right!??!

Lol one game at a time. What happens if they lose to Purdue in their 2020 opener?

Lol one game at a time. What happens if they lose to Purdue in their 2020 opener?
They will come up with a bazillion excuses. They’ll blame the refs. They’ll say Purdue cheated. Whatever. Lose to Rutgers and reality will come crashing in on them. I’m not predicting it, but I’d sure love to see it happen.

They will come up with a bazillion excuses. They’ll blame the refs. They’ll say Purdue cheated. Whatever. Lose to Rutgers and reality will come crashing in on them. I’m not predicting it, but I’d sure love to see it happen.

Let's not forget they've got a visit from Coach Sparkles and his plucky bunch of Central Michigan Chippewas the week after Purdue-so many minefields to get through for the Nubs before they even have to worry about Rutgers.

Let's not forget they've got a visit from Coach Sparkles and his plucky bunch of Central Michigan Chippewas the week after Purdue-so many minefields to get through for the Nubs before they even have to worry about Rutgers.
Didn't L Buff get a two degrees from each of the directional Michigan schools, and one from UM?

I would conclude that Nebraska needs to head back to the Big 12!!! The Big Ten structure and style will counter Frosts magical offense forever! Less possessions, physicality, weather, etc... PAC12, AAC, and BIG12 are the only leagues his circus act would work in. Also seems like there is no real speed on the roster!!!
Funny how the past will not come back ever!!!

Read in SI that Frost passed on Joe Burrow transferring there by asking "you think he's better than we already have?"

Yes, Frosty, I think he is. LOL

And the Huskers lose on a last second field goal after Frosty plays it conservative and doesn't attempt to score on the their last possession.

giphy.gif

Back